The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Locking Himber Wallet? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I‘m looking for a locking Himber wallet, preferably something small (I just need it to hold a playing card). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Todd
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
Horwitz wallet may help. But it is not very small.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
JOL mini Himber is not too bad.

Not as SLIM or with as good a quality leather as the original ones made by Jerry O'Connell himself a few years back. But reasonably okay and not too expensive.

Avoid the ridiculously priced Aleph and the very poor quality one offered by Cards 4 Magic. (The latter is sold individually or combined in a marketted Himbering Ways package. I've seen it and it quite definitely sucks!)
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
http://www.davidsolomon.net/orders.html
buy a time wrap wallet, problem solved.
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of jcroop
I have contemplated putting little pieces of velcro on the wallet. The type with the adhesive on the back. I've never actually done it, but if you had an inexpensive wallet you wanted to try it with, it might work.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On 2013-01-13 11:57, Roger Kelly wrote:
JOL mini Himber is not too bad.

Not as SLIM or with as good a quality leather as the original ones made by Jerry O'Connell himself a few years back. But reasonably okay and not too expensive.

The JOL looks nice, but it‘s not a locking wallet.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On 2013-01-13 10:43, MAGIC325 wrote:

Looks interesting. Just how large is it?
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On 2013-01-13 13:21, asherfox wrote:
http://www.davidsolomon.net/orders.html
buy a time wrap wallet, problem solved.

Hmmm... nice, but too bad it doesn‘t look anything like a wallet.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
In 1961 I spent an afternoon in Richard Himber's apartment in NYC. I was a High School senior. He showed me lots of stuff, but one was a prototype for a locking wallet. No Velcro, no snaps, etc. His idea was that when you were using the wallet to hold a prediction you could hand it to a spectator to open it themselves and take out the prediction paper. (Actually, you could do that half the time.) Alas, he never marked this kind of wallet.

I wrote an article about the visit with Himber. It's in the November 2011 issue of MUM.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Leo-Kim
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of Leo-Kim
In "The Himber Wallet Book" Harry Lorayne suggests using a pencil in the wallet to make it possible to open it only one way (letting the spectator open it). I have never tried it (don't use the Himber very much) but it sounds interesting. Anyone out there who has tried it?

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well (Donald Duck)
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
I must apologize. As to Himber's own locking wallet... I meant to write "He never marketed this kind of wallet."

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On 2013-01-14 12:20, Dennis Loomis wrote:
In 1961 I spent an afternoon in Richard Himber's apartment in NYC. I was a High School senior. He showed me lots of stuff, but one was a prototype for a locking wallet. No Velcro, no snaps, etc. His idea was that when you were using the wallet to hold a prediction you could hand it to a spectator to open it themselves and take out the prediction paper. (Actually, you could do that half the time.) Alas, he never marked this kind of wallet.

I wrote an article about the visit with Himber. It's in the November 2011 issue of MUM.

Dennis Loomis

If you happen to know where that prototype wallet is, Dennis, I‘d be happy to keep it safe Smile
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On 2013-01-14 17:27, Leo-Kim wrote:
In "The Himber Wallet Book" Harry Lorayne suggests using a pencil in the wallet to make it possible to open it only one way (letting the spectator open it). I have never tried it (don't use the Himber very much) but it sounds interesting. Anyone out there who has tried it?

Mikael Johansson
Sweden

It‘s a good idea, and it does indeed force the spec to open the wallet on the correct side, but I guess I‘m looking for something cleaner.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Leaning towards the Horwitz wallet...
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
In the New York Magic Symposium Collection Four, there's a method by Harry Anderson to make a locking Himber wallet.
van
View Profile
Loyal user
276 Posts

Profile of van
Bizarro has a very clever method in his new lecture. He just did the new lecture in Dallas. It was very entertaining and informative.
Later Ya'll

Van
MAGIC325
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of MAGIC325
Quote:
On 2013-01-14 08:59, todsky wrote:
Quote:

3 1/2 inches wide; 4 3/4 inches high.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Quote:
On 2013-01-17 09:04, MAGIC325 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-14 08:59, todsky wrote:
Quote:

3 1/2 inches wide; 4 3/4 inches high.

That‘s not too big. It‘s also got great reviews. I think I‘ve found my wallet! Many thanks!
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Can you link to such reviews? Thanks
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Mowee
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of Mowee
Bizzaro just lectured in Dallas, and one of his ideas was a semi-locking Himber wallet. It locked enough so that he could easily hand it out to spectators without fear of them making a mistake. Check with Jimmy about his ideas...they are brilliant.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Locking Himber Wallet? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL