The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Picking Up Girls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1696 Posts

Profile of Ross W
(Ahem) for reasons best known to myself (but which aren't as sad as you're probably thinking) I'm trying to obtain a copy of a book called something like How To Pick Up Girls With Magic. I've heard of it mentioned. Anyone know any more about it?

Thanks
Ross
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Johnnymysto
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
116 Posts

Profile of Johnnymysto
Ross

Never heard of the book. Where did you hear about it?
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi Ross,

I remember a thread about this particular book that was discussed at the Café sometime back in January or February. Sorry, can't help you more than that but perhaps do a search?

Chrystal
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1696 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Now that you mention it, Chrystal, I think it was here at the Café that I saw a thread mentioning it. I have searched, but come up with nothing, but I don't think I'm searching correctly. I can only search three months at a go and I've no idea when it was. Perhaps a moderator might help point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Actually, with a little creativity, you can adapt many effects to suit your desire.

In my upcoming eBook, I'll have a couple of routines that can be used for this purpose.

:comply:
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
647 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
I have seen it on ebay before. There's also a video by a similar name offered on ebay every now and then.
Darrin Cook
View Profile
Special user
621 Posts

Profile of Darrin Cook
Check Paul Wilson's site: I believe he's offering an effect that facilitates meeting the opposite sex.

I think there are two potential drawbacks to the "Pick Up Chicks with Magic" offerings. First, is that the magic is weak, designed to be done by any unskilled moron without practice. This is unlikely to be impressive. I think you'd be better off taking a solid effect that you perform well and adapting it.

Second, and more serious, is the pick up/scam "chicks" attitude behind it. If your approach is heavy-handed and contrived it is likely to backfire. Any effect that shows you as a warm, interesting, and engaging person is likely to do you better than any "get her phone number" ploy. I have seen magicians work this crude pick up angle, one version so vulgar that I can't print it here.

One night I was subbing at a restaurant and after my shift a number of the waitresses approached me and began asking me who I was, what I did, how I got started in magic, etc. I was thinking at the time, "I can't believe these women are talking to me." Simply by being interesting, entertaining, and friendly, you open a door.

Lastly, the more I performed magic, the more I began to see its applications to other areas of life. At first, when I approached tables I feared rejection and failure. This caused me to feel nervous, leading to rejection and failure. As I became more confident, I realized that rejections were meaningless, and "failures" weren't the end of the world. People would "reject me," then would watch like hawks as I performed at the table next to them. I no longer fear rejection and failure, which makes me more successful. I think the same principle applies to approaching women.

Good luck.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Wow a very good response indeed.Well said.
Decker
View Profile
Loyal user
Hades
211 Posts

Profile of Decker
I was under the impression that the poster had no intention to use the book to "pick up chicks"

I think I saw a post somewhere in the archives where this was used in part of an effect as a prop.
"He had alot to say... He had alot of nothing to say..." --MJK
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
212 Posts

Profile of robertwong
The book you are referring to was published by
Micky Hades. The book was advertised, "Sold in a plain brown paper bag." I had to stamp the words, 'plain' on a paper bag, I never did understand that joke when I was working for Micky, then again I was only 13 years old at the time.

I don't who the author was, however I'll do some research and get back to you.

Robert. Smile
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
If you wantto learn how to use magic to pick up girls....then I suggest yu study cold reading. get hold of richard websters quick and effective cold readings. Or learn how to analyze handwriting get the grapho deck from myhandwriting.com.

Hold someones hand and do a reading and before yuo know it you will have a line of girls waiting to be read.

This is one of the most powerful skills you can learn if want to improve your social life...
robertwong
View Profile
Loyal user
Calgary, Canada
212 Posts

Profile of robertwong
The book I was referring to is called, "SEX AND THE SINGLE MAGICIAN" by JIM MAGUS. You can currently pick up a copy from the publisher, Hades Publications.

http://www.trickster.com/hades/

I hope this is the one you were looking for, I would like to mention that Michael Jefferies also put out a video called, "Flirting with Magic", at least 10 years ago.

Robert. Smile
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1448 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
WOW... I thought magic has a different aim. It would be nice to affect the opposite sex but IMHO it should not be sex oriented. I feel respect for my art. Smile Smile Smile
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
DrDale
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of DrDale
I always thoght that it would kill the whole deal. Maybe that's just me
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
If you just want to use it as a gag prop in the middle of a routine, then print your own cover and put it on any book.

I can see this fitting into a comedy routine with a low-class comedy character seeing a polished, sophisticated magician and then trying to copy him. So he goes out and gets the dumbest, tackiest book on the subject imaginable.

This lets you make up an even worse title, for comic purposes. "Tricks For Chicks" or something else equally goofy.

Jeff
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
326 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
In order to maintain sexual equality maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Picking up Girls or Boys"
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Actually, I'm working on a book called "How I Got My Wife To Marry Me in Spite Of My Being a Magician."
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2588 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
I don't know what you're all talking about
I'm forever getting laid and quite frankly I wish it would stop so I can spend more time on magic

Yeah right
Hawky
View Profile
New user
Montréal, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Hawky
I've actually taken a look at this book myself, and it's not as cheesy as it seems at all. It's actually pretty clever. The price is probably too steep for what it is though.
fjfj
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of fjfj
How to Pick Up Girls - Viennamagic

Learn everything you need to know on picking up girls with the help of a few (easy-to-do) magic tricks. This video includes 20 astonishing and clever tricks using everyday objects like bills, cigarettes, napkins, matches and more.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Picking Up Girls (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL