The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ecliptic..JM (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Profile of Justin N. Miller
Just wanted to let you all know before the magic police say something.
My new effect Ecliptic turns 180 not 360. I made a typo on the trailer.
Thanks.
JM
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Justin, just wondering how this differs from Valdemar Gestur's "Target": http://shop.dananddave.com/target.html (the second haunted deck version - with the 180 degree twist). It looks to be the exact same to me in effect and probably gimmick, at least. Is this just a new handling that you are selling?
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Nope totally diff. And you do not have to be near the deck nor touch the deck when its under their hands.
Ecliptic is 2 gimmicks combined to create some very interesting properties.
JM
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On 2013-01-14 14:17, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Nope totally diff. And you do not have to be near the deck nor touch the deck when its under their hands
JM

Ok, now that's good - Last Q,if in hand or you do a walk away, what is the max time/control before the haunt/movement ?
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Merlin, sent you a pm bro.

JM
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
JM asked me to repost this from the other thread that was locked down:

I figure since I'm the one who brought up the alternative effect, it is my responsibility to share a bit of the discussion I had with JM and clear up my prior comments a little. He's explained to me, without tipping the method, some of the major differences between Ecliptic and Target.

From what he's said, although the general 'effect' is similar, it has evolved and been heavily refined, not only in handling but also in construction. To me, the fact that the gimmick has been perfected beyond the initial idea for this effect definitely changes my thoughts on Ecliptic. While I'm still not a fan of this particular type of haunted effect, I would venture that there are others who will love it. Smile
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Not,to tick off the 'Readers'!

Will the gimmick, work with Tarot ?

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-01-15 00:30, Godzilla wrote:

~G

What is tarot?
JM
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:

~G

What is tarot?
JM
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 01:46, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Quote:

~G

What is tarot?
JM

Here is a few! Smile

http://www.aeclectic.net

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Oh I gotcha I thought you meant Tarot as a trick. yes tarot cards it works perfectly. you can use Ecliptic and adapt it to any deck
JM
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks,Justin! Smile
Tried to ask in a way,not to give exposure!

~G
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-01-15 01:46, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Quote:

~G

What is tarot?
JM

Yes, tarot cards
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Just got the download from Justin, the gimmicks are in the post,can't wait to start using this more excellent thinking and teaching from Justin.
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Thank you cardbiker! I think people will really dig what I have done here.
Also, the first 100 orders went out today and the second batch are packaged and ready to be shipped on friday..and now I am SOLD OUT again!
I should be back in stock by friday.
JM
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Happy to say that Ecliptic is BACK IN STOCK! And I am adding a NEW effect that is just ridiculous, using the Ecliptic gimmicks and some other tid-bits. All brought to us by our dear friend (come back soon) Zombie Magic. He sent me the idea today and we streamlined it to make it a killer little routine..that involves 2 decks..really smart idea!
That will be added AUTOMATICALLY to the Ecliptic folder on dropbox, so if you have bought it, then it will show up. I should have it up by tomorrow, no later than Sat.
JM
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Justin,will 'Ecliptic' work with just a few cards in stack,or does it need to be several? Let's say 10 cards,will gimmick still be hidden?

Thanks.
~G
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-01-18 23:46, Godzilla wrote:
Justin,will 'Ecliptic' work with just a few cards in stack,or does it need to be several? Let's say 10 cards,will gimmick still be hidden?

Thanks.
~G

Hey G,
yes it can be down with 10 or so cards ( I would not do it with any less), it will stay invisible, but it will be a little more delicate in handling, can be done.. but I would not do it. to be a comfortable situation I would say 15-20 cards at the least.
JM
JM
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Thanks,Justin !

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, off to order I go...

:)

~G
Justin N. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
2457 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-01-19 01:03, Godzilla wrote:
Thanks,Justin !

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, off to order I go...

:)

~G

Thanks G!
I will have 2 NEW bonus effects up and in the Ecliptic folder(and trailers for the site) sometime this week. A ridiculous visual NO sleight of hand color change I call the Ecliptical Change, AND zombie magic's KILLERRR idea with 2 decks that has been streamlined to a tee and is a WORKER! Thank you all for the amazing (over 300 sold to date) success of Ecliptic. I am only here because of you.
JM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ecliptic..JM (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL