The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » 4-5-6 by Al Thatcher (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Sadly true, LookyLookyMan. Smile

Way back in 2011 HL went throught a similar discussion in this depressing thread (where the Rufus Steele trick was also mentioned, btw Smile) but in the in the rapture of calling other users "idiots" more than twenty times he oviously forgot about it. Smile

But then again, his reputation had severely suffered already back then. It's plain to see why.
Just sad to observe a man's self-demolition.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8466 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Yes; finally. Before I came here I checked PM's and someone was nice enough to send me the Rufus Steele item - of course, he ended it like this: "Exactly the same as Stop!? I don't think so. Best,"

I'd never seen it before and well, I'm shocked and amazed, because - yes, the concepts ARE the same. I can see why, as David M. says above, many if not most, would pass by the Steele item. It is confusing, etc. But, gotta' admit again - THE CONCEPTS ARE THE SAME. Two minds, etc. As I told Mr. Kabullah I'll have to simply accept all the kudos and be pleased with the fact that I made the concept WORKABLE and popularized it. (Repeat: NOBODY was doing anything similar until CLOSE-UP CARD MAGIC appeared.)

So, regardless of the sweet attitude of some of the "lovelies" above, when I see something like this of course I admit that the ideas/concepts are similar. This should make the Doopys and Lookys and Nicolinos (who don't know me or anything about me AT ALL) very happy, and now they can go back under their moist rocks - while we all spend our days searching for their valuable contributions to the art. (Talk about "SAD.")

So, let me be clear and make sure they, and all, including Mr. Kabullah understand - YES, I never knew it, I never read the Rufus Steele book (yes, I'm stupid, but not THAT stupid - had I known about it I would have mentioned it), had I read the Steele book I would have bypassed that item - as it seems most others did - but that does not alter the fact that the basic concept of my STOP! IS THE SAME AS THE RUFUS STEELE ITEM.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
doopyloop
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of doopyloop
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, Harry Lorayne wrote:
...and now they can go back under their moist rocks - while we all spend our days searching for their valuable contributions to the art. (Talk about "SAD.")

I have not many contribution to the art of magic. But I promise you. When I contributed to the art all my contributions come from me ad not other magician.

Yes it is very sad.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8466 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Just quoting someone else's remark: "Said it before and I'll say it again. The vast majority of people dislike Harry Lorayne because of one reason.

Jealousy!"

I'm sure we all simply can't wait for your upcoming amazing, vast, contributions, DopeyLoop. Right now, we are all breathlessly awaiting your next load of wit!

PIPO
View Profile
New user
Madrid SPAIN
79 Posts

Profile of PIPO
Even though Mr. Lorayne is not my cup of tea, I think criticizing from an anonymous account it is easy and cowardy.

I believe proper crediting is such an important thing, but given the huge amount of books/eBooks/DVDs/notes published, I am afraid the only way to stick to the promise of “never ever publishing material published before” is by no publishing any material at all.

Points have been made, and it is all clarified now. It seems Mr.Lorayne genuinely did not know of this earlier reference (neither did I). It is great to have tracked down successfully the original routine. I think the best thing for all to do now is move on.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8466 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
And you're not my cup of coffee, Pipo, but I do appreciate your post. Thanks.

doopyloop
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of doopyloop
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, PIPO wrote:
Even though Mr. Lorayne is not my cup of tea, I think criticizing from an anonymous account it is easy and cowardy.

Is easy saying anonymous account is coward. Long time ago I was take in "email fishing" scam and so now I do not use real name in the internet. Now I use not real name, tell country, or even tell number one language.

It was sad. IT by a magician who have low moral value.

So in this situatoin with another magician with low moral value I make no apologize for not use real name.

And JEALOUSY?

Why I jealous of yo Mr Harry Lorayne? Every day whenI waking up and every night when I go to sleep I know that my contributuions to magic art belogn to me and not take from other magician.

I think in theend you will be jealous of magicians like me. I think already it start because ou so angry when persons show you truth on this forum.

It is sad situations to call magicians thiefs when your book materials is not yours. But if you REALLY think jealous? Then I am more sad for you.
LookyLookyMan
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of LookyLookyMan
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2015, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Just quoting someone else's remark: "Said it before and I'll say it again. The vast majority of people dislike Harry Lorayne because of one reason. Jealousy"

Just quoting someone else's remark:
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too.
RogerTheShrubber
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of RogerTheShrubber
Just imagining that someone else said this and I'm quoting it: the only thing threads like these lead to when they take this turn is a series of deleted posts. As such, for what it's worth (admittedly, probably not much), if I were participating in the back-and-forth here I wouldn't waste a lot of time on it, as the posts probably won't last anyway.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » 4-5-6 by Al Thatcher (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL