The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Signed quarter tricks??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
I love bending peoples' signed quarters with my QB2.

I'm wondering if it's a good idea to do another trick with their signed quarter either before and/or after I bend it?

right now, I borrow a quarter, they sign it, I bend it, trick's over. it kills, but I'm trying to put effects together into more of a routine rather than just a series of short single tricks that have nothing to do with one another.

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to do a quarter to impossible location effect first, maybe with the new nest of wallets trick or something?

I'm worried that if I do the bend after I've already done a signed quarter trick... they'll be burning that quarter really hard to make sure to not lose track of it the second time. the good thing about bending their quarter from the get go is that it's bent before they think the trick has even started. if you do a trick beforehand, I suppose you have to try and make them think that the routine is already over so that they let their guard down.

so I'm looking for trick ideas with a signed quarter basically... something that would play well for close-up walk around.

maybe some sort of signed coin across routine... leading into a signed coin to impossible location... the spectator thinks the trick is done... you bend the coin... the end???

the other option is that I just provide my own coins... then I can do a normal coins across with a quarter shell (or one of a couple other cool quarter tricks), then get them to sign one of the quarters, then it goes to the impossible location, then it gets bent. not sure if it's stronger to borrow the quarter or if it even matters. I'm canadian as well, and I'd say that maybe 50% of our quarters are standard and all pretty much look identical... whereas the other 50% are some sort of commemorative quarters that can look significantly different.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
514 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Viking makes a nice set of Nest of Boxes.

You also might consider a coin in phone app. I bought one where they can sign the coin and you apparenntly push it into the phone. It looks pretty sweet.
mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
186 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
Solitary by Cameron Francis, or Collectors Item by Jay Sankey may be appropriate for what you are looking for. Both are similar coin to coin holder effects.
~MindPirate~
www.magicianschoice.net
www.magicofben.com

It can not be...and yet...it can
- Tommy Wonder
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Thanks for the suggestions ... I'll look into those
bonesly
View Profile
Regular user
London
176 Posts

Profile of bonesly
How long does your quarter bend trick play for?
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2918 Posts

Profile of fonda57
How about a four coins across, when they go across they bend...

Or--once they have all gone across you toss them into a spectators hand and they bend, via Bobo Switch. "Well, that's okay, they'll still fit into the meter."
I j
AdamChance
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of AdamChance
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 05:28, bonesly wrote:
How long does your quarter bend trick play for?

I donno... maybe a minute max. not long.

I just feel like I should be doing something else with the quarter before I bend it.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Mark Mason's "Quarter Mark".

Doug
RoadkillRon
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of RoadkillRon
The CIP for Android might help you, It's called Coin in Phone in the marketplace. It has provisions to make a signed quarter go inside the phone and then you get it back out again, and it has a variety of different coins to choose from. Check it out when you have a chance.
RoadkillRon
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of RoadkillRon
Here is a link to the thread a while back about the CIP deal.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=202
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2013-01-14 22:54, AdamChance wrote:
I love bending peoples' signed quarters with my QB2.

I'm wondering if it's a good idea to do another trick with their signed quarter either before and/or after I bend it?

right now, I borrow a quarter, they sign it, I bend it, trick's over. it kills, but I'm trying to put effects together into more of a routine rather than just a series of short single tricks that have nothing to do with one another.

I was thinking that it might be a good idea to do a quarter to impossible location effect first, maybe with the new nest of wallets trick or something?

I'm worried that if I do the bend after I've already done a signed quarter trick... they'll be burning that quarter really hard to make sure to not lose track of it the second time. the good thing about bending their quarter from the get go is that it's bent before they think the trick has even started. if you do a trick beforehand, I suppose you have to try and make them think that the routine is already over so that they let their guard down.

so I'm looking for trick ideas with a signed quarter basically... something that would play well for close-up walk around.

maybe some sort of signed coin across routine... leading into a signed coin to impossible location... the spectator thinks the trick is done... you bend the coin... the end???

the other option is that I just provide my own coins... then I can do a normal coins across with a quarter shell (or one of a couple other cool quarter tricks), then get them to sign one of the quarters, then it goes to the impossible location, then it gets bent. not sure if it's stronger to borrow the quarter or if it even matters. I'm canadian as well, and I'd say that maybe 50% of our quarters are standard and all pretty much look identical... whereas the other 50% are some sort of commemorative quarters that can look significantly different.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Hi
I've been bending a lot of quarters lately and they always ask if I can bend it back. I tell them yes but I'd rather leave them with a souvenir of the moment . I just ordered a nest of wallets to add a little more to this effect. I hope making their coin appear in the nest of wallets doesn't take away the great reactions I've been getting just doing the coin bend. Time will tell.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Mowee
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of Mowee
Another signed quarter routine is Dany Acrher's Pick a Coin any coin.
Walking Bob
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of Walking Bob
Get the DVd Latex which is a signed quarter into a balloon. Then proceed to say the quarter must have magical powers and precede to bend it, or maybe do the bend first!!!

Just an idea I have been tinkering with,

Walking Bob in Iowa
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5316 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Justin Miller's Cell Break uses a signed quarter in one of the routines. (The best one, actually!)

Jim
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
659 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
I recommend "You and Me" by Jay Noblezada which basically a VERY clean signed quarter transposition from my hand to the spectator's hand...This is very visual, and I always have wonderful reactions. This is not a coin switch, they see the coin openly in the hand, and visually change with their coin after closing your hand. I highly recommend this.

The downside to this is that you have to buy the whole DVD for this one effect...Sorry!
cbusch55
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
Another Viking product Quartokito is a nice simple effect where a signed quarter disappears visibly and reappears elsewhere .
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
The question here seems to me not to be the bending technique but the signing of the coin which might seem kind of odd (the coin is small and it's not done to be written on). I solved this problem for myself in the following manner
I ask the people to draw any form of glasses or a bird or a moustache on the Kennedy (or barber) face then explaining that Andy Warhol was just doing this with photographs and ask them to do as he was doing and to sign their art masterpiece that might become extremely valuable in the future ... who knows?
Then I explain that Salvador Dali was even more famous than Andy Warhol for making soft pocket watches sculptures and ask them if they would rather be a Salvador Dali or a Andy Warhol? Whatever their answer is, after a bit of softening illusion, I give them the bent coin stating that they are doomed to become even more illustrious for joining both talents... but on money matters...
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
TomBollandLTD
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of TomBollandLTD
Coin in a can is a classic signed quarter trick. It's been done a lot but is very impressive to the right audience.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Signed quarter tricks??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL