The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Two Coin Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
I am thinking of upgrading from a one coin routine to a two coins routine using two of the same type of coins.

There are a number of one coin routines, but how about two coins routines? Tenkai Pennies, The Dance and an endless production are things that could go into such a routine. Can somebody point me to more interesting handlings of two ordinary coins?
"There is no reality, only perception."
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8638 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hi Stellan, you might check out my Ike & Mike's Revenge. It's a nice play with 2 like coins, or so I've been told. Smile

http://www.vinnymarini.com/download/ikeandmike.html

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=3

-Mb (USA)
*Check out my latest: MBs Morgan w/ BONUS: Destiny, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Ramin
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Ramin
John Carney has a 2-coin routine in Carneycopia called "Half Dollars in the Mist". It's a pretty tough one, but you'll be way ahead getting this book. All the routines are excellent.
drbuzzard
View Profile
New user
Manchester, UK
45 Posts

Profile of drbuzzard
I found this nice two coin sequence while digging around on youtube. It looks hard though Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOqf7DJw-......fNGkUgDw

There are a few routines here but the one I mean is called '2 Coins'
Vayron
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
228 Posts

Profile of Vayron
I used to use 2 coins for my table hooping routine : I produced the fist coin in an invisible purse frame. Then I did a small miser's dream sequence where coins appeared from the ears of the spectators. The next sequence was a small coin across in the hand of the spec and I finished with a small one coin routine and a jumbo coin finale.

Hope it helps.

Vayron
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of cperkins
Instead of a two coin routine I like to do a one coin routine, and for a brief moment in the routine, ring in a second coin, thereby showing two coins as one. This concept is employed brilliantly by Roth in his little one coin routine and his use of the second coin just throws the audience for a loop. (As you probably know, he actually uses three coins in his one coin routine). Of course, I have to ditch the second coin before I end when I show just one coin to end it.

Showing two coins as one in a one coin routine would enable you for example, to do a quick perpetual production midway through which audiences seem to like, or a very visual penetration effect just not possible for me using only one coin, and lots of other interesting possibilities as well. Of course for this, shuttle passes, change overpalms and even s#%$^(*g might be required, depending on what you come up with.

A very brief use of a second coin can really enhance a one coin routine! It can be fun to design and just plain diabolical.

Something to think about perhaps.

chuck
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1417 Posts

Profile of feher
This is a little something I've done in the past. I can go into my one coin routine or this one. All depends how I feel...lol
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=......Ox5qcM68
Enjoy
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Stellan
View Profile
Special user
Sweden
580 Posts

Profile of Stellan
Marion: Thank you very much for that. I found some valuable moves in that routine that I can use and that I will put to work.

Ramin: Thanks for reminding me of that routine. I worked on it some years ago. I will use it again and aim for the same relaxed performance as John:
http://vimeo.com/9354200

dr buzzard: Nice, but a little too angle sensitive for the purpose of my routine. It must stand the street.

Vayron: That seems like a good structure. Did you produce the first coin from the frame and the second from the spectator's ear?

chuck: That is a great ploy, but in this context I would have to have a third coin.

Tim: I am sorry, I got access to the site but the clip would not play.

Thanks again everyone, this gave me plenty to think about and work with.
"There is no reality, only perception."
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8642 Posts

Profile of funsway
I have always been enamored with the sleights that enable you to show one coin as two, two coins as one, and two coins as three, and all coins as none.

Somewhere in there is a two coin routine -- just have to construct it.

What I mean to say is the hand positions and display motions can be the same for each reveal.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Two Coin Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL