The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Whats the easiest "COINS ACROSS" routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I've been dabbling in coin magic for a while and am looking for the easiest coins across routine. Right now Im practicing Gregory Wilsons from On The Spot. I was wondering if there were easier ones out there.

Thanks
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
PM David Neighbors. He has a GREAT EZ one!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Mark Wilson's Complete Course has a good one.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Michael Ammar has a real easy Coins Across on his Introduction to Coin Magic
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
If were talking galfed.
david roths is very good also.
todd
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Actually you are probably working on one of the easiest there is: Gregory Wilson's 3/4 Coins Across. Stick with it until it is a part of you! What you don’t want to do is to keep trying various different routines before you are proficient at any of them. Believe me - I know!!

Jim
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
And......"It's in Bobo's"!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
The easiest coins across routine is the cross of India by Daryl.. But why do you need the easiest?
Searching for the magic side of life...
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
What's the hardest coins across? That's the one I want to learn then the others will seem easy Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
By the way Jim I don't think that Wilson's 3/4 coins across is easy!! But I totally agree with the advice you are giving!!
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I almost have Wilson's 3/4's across down but occasionally fumble (as Gregory did even in his video). I suppose I was just looking for something more fail safe (which is why I'm seeking an easier version mago.niko). I'll have to check out "Cross of India", look in to BoBo's stuff and David Neighbors routine. Also, gaffed doesn't bother me one bit. I agree that I should dedicate myself to one and practice it over and over. The problem is that without a 100% success rate of fumbling Im not completely comfortable. I'll always use Gregory's for "get-me-out-of-a-jam" situations but I feel an easier, "worry-free" version would be nice to have on me.

Amazing suggestions. Thank you very much.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
If you want Easy There is No C. Palming In the one Atom is talking about! But if you want Real Easy That one will be Of My new DVD set! Smile

And poof if you want Hard I have one Where I back-palm 3 Coins! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 11:02, David Neighbors wrote:
If you want Easy There is No C. Palming In the one Atom is talking about! But if you want Real Easy That one will be Of My new DVD set! Smile

David. Heard nothing but great things about you. I will be picking up your new DVD series. What's it called?
mago.niko
View Profile
Loyal user
Athens, Greece
286 Posts

Profile of mago.niko
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 09:26, TheMag1cian wrote:
I almost have Wilson's 3/4's across down but occasionally fumble (as Gregory did even in his video). I suppose I was just looking for something more fail safe (which is why I'm seeking an easier version mago.niko). I'll have to check out "Cross of India", look in to BoBo's stuff and David Neighbors routine. Also, gaffed doesn't bother me one bit. I agree that I should dedicate myself to one and practice it over and over. The problem is that without a 100% success rate of fumbling Im not completely comfortable. I'll always use Gregory's for "get-me-out-of-a-jam" situations but I feel an easier, "worry-free" version would be nice to have on me.

Then you don't need something more fail safe.. You need more practice !! Smile
If you have already reach a level where you can sometimes do the whole routine without failing on a move or flashing a coin then it's a matter of days or weeks to make it look good!! Unfortunately there is no shortcut..
Now that I know why are you looking for something easier I wouldn't recommend you something like the Cross of India.. If you are already practicing the "3/4 coins across" that would be a step back.. As Jim said stick with what you have and practice hard every sleight used in this routine.
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 12:30, mago.niko wrote:
If you have already reach a level where you can sometimes do the whole routine without failing on a move or flashing a coin then it's a matter of days or weeks to make it look good!! Unfortunately there is no shortcut..
Now that I know why are you looking for something easier I wouldn't recommend you something like the Cross of India.. If you are already practicing the "3/4 coins across" that would be a step back.. As Jim said stick with what you have and practice hard every sleight used in this routine.

I could not agree with niko more.
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.deceptionsmke -My Show
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
The coins across from Steve Dusheck's '82 dvd using "Coin Card".
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 11:27, TheMag1cian wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 11:02, David Neighbors wrote:

David. Heard nothing but great things about you. I will be picking up your new DVD series. What's it called?

We have not Come Up with a name Yet! Smile I will have to talk to Atom About it!

And Hay thinks man! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 12:30, mago.niko wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-16 09:26, TheMag1cian wrote:

Very constructive. Like many effects I usually purchase/learn different variations of the same effect to get a holistic knowledge of them. In the end I use what comes easiest because lets face it, we just don't have the time nor the desire to have our reputation tarnished to be fumbling even 1 out of 10 tables. I will continue to practice and use Wilsons 3/4's across but I will also remain on my journey to learn different variations that may suit different contexts. But thanks again for the sound advice to continue practicing the same one.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Once you feel comfortable with the one you are practicing now, take a look at some of David Roth's routines. Both his Winged Silver and his Shelled Coins Across are relatively easy to perform and are also very visually magical. Neither is a fingertips or 3-Fly type of effect, but they still can kill!

Jim
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-01-17 00:32, J-Mac wrote:
Once you feel comfortable with the one you are practicing now, take a look at some of David Roth's routines. Both his Winged Silver and his Shelled Coins Across are relatively easy to perform and are also very visually magical. Neither is a fingertips or 3-Fly type of effect, but they still can kill!

Jim

Jim, you're extremely helpful and seem to have a wealth of knowledge/resources regarding this coin effect. I believe I have enough info to go out and experiment. Thanks a million. Much appreciated.

Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Whats the easiest "COINS ACROSS" routine? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL