The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help finding a certain type of routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
First, the description: a group of people are asked to each take an index card with number on it...let's say, numbered 1-6. They are then asked to mix up their own order, and sit in a row of chairs and it turns out that the number on the back of the chair matches the number that they chose.

Now, this is actually a made-up version of what I've seen, but I think you'll get the basic gist of it. I have tried to locate any information available on this type effect, but I'm coming up empty. Can anyone at least point me in the right direction?
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Demitri
View Profile
Loyal user
296 Posts

Profile of Demitri
Check out Paul Stockman's connected DVD set. It has a chair routine that might be exactly what you're looking for.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10605 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Two suggestions - one, use the search function here as there is a ton of info on this topic, and two, go downstairs as you will more than likely get much more of the info you are seeking from others. My advice is search Andrew Gerard and Gary Kurtz. If you have trouble finding them PM me.
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
The class of effect you are looking for is called "A Chair Test". Look for that in the Café. I have one called "The Perfect Chair Test" look for it here using the search function.

Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Thanks for the help, guys. So, generally speaking, "chair test" is the generic name for this type effect? I've seen other "coincidence" type effects by Gerry McCambridge, Derren Brown, and others that are this type, but don't necessarily use the chair. I have what I feel is a great idea that would require this principle; this will definitely help me in the right direction.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
Ulises Galeano
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
132 Posts

Profile of Ulises Galeano
I highly recommend Luca Volpe's Chair test, its the one I use, ive modified it a little, but essentely its the same one, and it has multiple predictions within it.
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
Nique Tan has a great booklet that he sells.He's on the Café
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
You can also check out 'Hot Seat' in 'World of Super Mentalism' I by Larry Becker (which is a great value for the price as you get a number of other excellent routines) and the Colin McLeod DVD has one as well. I like and perform Becker's chair test, it is simplicity itself and you can focus on the performance.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Help finding a certain type of routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL