The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Walk away suspension x type (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I think Kaplan does it in the sideways fashion, like the flying carpet as opposed to the length ways (pointing toward the audience), but I don't know for sure because I never saw him do it.
Dennis Michael
Backroomboy
View Profile
Regular user
David
114 Posts

Profile of Backroomboy
I've been trying to talk John out of doing that illusion as long as I've seen him do it. I hate it.

John is a fastidious magician, bless his heart, and he steadfastly refuses to use the concepts of others that aren't for sale because he doesn't want to be associated with "rip-off" magicians.

However...I believe it is through the eyes of others that we spark our own imagination and put our own spin on things. Furthermore...I would be hard pressed to find an illusion that was truly new and not ripped off in some fashion from someone else. "Origami" strikes me as being one of the last original illusions I have seen.

If anyone thinks the greatest minds in magic did not do the same thing, then you need to research further..."show me a fortune and I will show you a crime"...

John used to work for Micky Hades and Mickey produced a wonderful book called "the encyclopedia of suspensions and levitations". If it is still in print, I would encourage anyone to read it if that were the sort of thing they were interested in.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Walk away suspension x type (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL