The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Networking Tool by Jeff Kaylor & Aton James (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
The Ultimate Networking Tool is an interesting concept: using mentalism to get the contact information of people you meet. As the name suggests, it is a great way to network, collect and store contact information for prospective clients such as people who you meet at shows that are interested in hiring you for their event.

The Ultimate Networking Tool is a system for being prepared to make lasting connections in an impressive way. Not only will you leave your new contact with a memorable interaction, you will have obtained information such as their name, phone number, and email address as well as key details about this person that will help your relationship develop.

The traditional way used to be to give the client a business card. But as professional magicians know, the client often loses it or forgets to call. So over the past few years, many magicians have been asking for the clients' business card. The problem there: not everyone has a business card, and even if they do, most people often forget to carry them around.

Therefore, the clever idea that Jeff Kaylor and Anton James have done is turn getting their info into a piece of magic that involves having the spectator write down their info.

Unfortunately, the trailer doesn't show any performances. But the concept is solid and we know that professional magicians around the world will make use of the Ultimate Networking Tool.

http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic/m......ng-tool/

Found this on vanishinginc website. Anyone seen the performance for this? Thoughts? Thought I share this since no one mentioned it Smile

-Alex
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1176 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
I have one and absolutely love it. Basically if you want an extremely clever way to obtain new client leads under the guise of performing a really cool trick, then this is what you need. It has lots of built in comedy and provides you with a VERY easy way to obtain secret information that you can use in various types of effects. I carry this with me all time now! If you are a 'strolling' or 'restaurant worker' then you can't afford not to have this. Just handing out YOUR business card 'may' get you some occassional business. However if you use this as per the DVD instructions you WILL increase your bookings! This is a real 'worker'...

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Thanks for your review Cody. I saw this on Vanishing Inc recently and had been wondering about it.
puffinmonkey
View Profile
Elite user
Seattle
437 Posts

Profile of puffinmonkey
Thanks for the review Cody. Looks like this is something I'm going to investment in the near future Smile

-Alex
Andrew_Jeffrey
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Andrew_Jeffrey
I am interested in this, but not willing to part with cash until I have a bit more detail of what exactly I'm buying.

I'm not naturally suspicious, but need to make sure that this suits ME. Anyone have performance details? (Not looking for methodology, just what actually transpires). Thanks!
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Quote:
On 2013-02-04 08:25, Andrew_Jeffrey wrote:
I am interested in this, but not willing to part with cash until I have a bit more detail of what exactly I'm buying.

I'm not naturally suspicious, but need to make sure that this suits ME. Anyone have performance details? (Not looking for methodology, just what actually transpires). Thanks!

Seconded.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how showing someone a magic trick is going to be more effective or professional than writing down their email address. Color me old fashioned, but wouldn't you rather spend a couple of minutes talking to them instead of performing? I guess I'm assuming you've already convinced a prospective client you are "da bomb," otherwise, it's just mining the masses without vetting or pre-sale. Contact quantity over contact quality.

I'd love to hear how this works in practice though. Old dogs, new tricks and all. Willing to learn how wrong I am.
©NathanaelBergenMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Warszawa, Poland
105 Posts

Profile of ©NathanaelBergenMagic
Quote:
I'd love to hear how this works in practice though.

I agree. While I'm certain it'll be great - coming from Kaylor, he always nails it on the head - I too was a little disappointed in the lack of presentation provided in the TRAILER. (I caps 'trailer' because I'm sure the effect/routine itself is great - but I'm referring to the trailer.)

Looking forward to more information on this...
"Oh, you have an opinion? Let me delete that for you." ~ the magic cafe
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Well if they gave anything more away in the trailer they would give away marketing tenchniques so it makes complete sense why they didn't.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
MY GOD. Is this what trailers have actually come to now? Just two people talking about a concept without even showing what it is, what it does, if it works, if it exists, what you get, why you'd want it. WORST. TRAILER. EVER. LOL. NO OFFENCE, BUT COME ON.....................anyone can talk the bloody talk. Give me a microphone and I could sell you any awful product in my bottom drawer.

Also, who writes down contact details on a napkin??? I'm not mocking the product - impossible as I don't even know what it is. I'm mocking the world's worst, most stupid trailer. It's so funny how all the dealers are hyping it on their pages THROUGH THIS TRAILER! My god........ What a load of BS.
Mark iNFiNiTi
Creator of Revelation Gum
Join the Revelation @ Saturnmagic.co.uk/revelationgum
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
708 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Clear as mud
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
I totally agree. The so called trailer is less than useless. Would you go out and buy a car because you saw two people talking about it, without seeing it, or having any idea what it looks like, no is the answer. I am afraidd this trailer telling me that putting details in my cell phone is un-professional is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in a long time. As far as I am concerned it seems like all hype. I think I will steer clear of this one as the so called trailer has done the damage for me .
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
My guess is just another, another, nother peek wallet. They Can't say that on the trailer though so they're trying to dress it up as the best thing since sliced bread that'll make you a richer magician with more bookings... I doubt it somehow. Nice idea trying to apply this 'marketing ploy' on the trailer and I'm sure it will work on a lot of their existing TKO fans etc. Shame they have to be so ignorant on the trailer... I for one would be 100 times more likely to buy it if they just advertised it as what it is and, put simpl... I LIKED THE WALLET. I actually need a new wallet too..... sigh.
Mark iNFiNiTi
Creator of Revelation Gum
Join the Revelation @ Saturnmagic.co.uk/revelationgum
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
720 Posts

Profile of dduane
Hey Jeff Kaylor - I'm sure this is a good product - coming from you. But could you tell us a little more on how it's used and presented - and maybe another demo? I'm sure it's more than just having the spectator write down his info and the magician uses what he has to divine the information. Can't that be done already with things that we have already? I want to get this, but I'm not sure of the added value. Hope you can help.

Thanks,
Dennis
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
It is worth noting that Jeff has not put out a turkey yet! Based on his reputation alone I would say the chances are that this is not just something you can find elsewhere. However I also agree that the trailer isn't going to help anyone out much. Hi Dennis!
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
720 Posts

Profile of dduane
Hi Fin!

I'm on Skype, if you want to contact.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
Yes I agree, probraly just a peek wallet dressed up to make us think it is something far more. I think that this trailer will have done him no favours at all. People are getting fed up with all the hype that accompanies eveything these days.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3542 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have this effect and I have mixed feelings. Perhaps it just isn't for me. Without giving away any method, I think it's important to know what it is. It comes with cards that say "Your Business Card" on one side and "Your Info" on the other. The effect is based on a gag "I've got your business card", and then the person is to write down their contact info. Finally it involves a peek. I think it is awkward to get the client to write down the info rather than just taking their business card (maybe not everyone has one, but most people do). I'm also not crazy about the peek wallet.
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1024 Posts

Profile of rasp
Well I have read the ad on the website. Watched the lame video in its entirety and they want me to part with the best part of £30......but I have no idea what
it is I am purchasing ...... JESUS!!!! ONLY IN THE WORLD OF MAGIC AND MENTALISM!!!!

So on that basis........

IM OUT!!!!
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1764 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
So Hardly "the ultimate"

Another overused word in Magic
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2988 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 15:00, 1KJ wrote:
I have this effect and I have mixed feelings. Perhaps it just isn't for me. Without giving away any method, I think it's important to know what it is. It comes with cards that say "Your Business Card" on one side and "Your Info" on the other. The effect is based on a gag "I've got your business card", and then the person is to write down their contact info. Finally it involves a peek. I think it is awkward to get the client to write down the info rather than just taking their business card (maybe not everyone has one, but most people do). I'm also not crazy about the peek wallet.

Now there's some real info. Thanks.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Networking Tool by Jeff Kaylor & Aton James (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL