The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Networking Tool by Jeff Kaylor & Aton James (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
A proper opinion at last and it turns out to be exactly what we thought it was all along. Trailers like this do the dealers no favours at all.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
Where is Jeff Kaylor? I ordered TKO on his website last week but there is no order confirmation, no shipping confirmation, no replies to my emails. Already paid by PayPal. I hope he didn't disappear with my money.

This is why you should NOT order directly from the creator. Terrible customer service. Worse part is he updated his Facebook this week so he has internet connection (no "I'm on vacation" excuse!). Should I report scam to PayPal now?
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
724 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Quote:
On 2013-02-07 00:01, zoneinfinite wrote:
Where is Jeff Kaylor? I ordered TKO on his website last week but there is no order confirmation, no shipping confirmation, no replies to my emails. Already paid by PayPal. I hope he didn't disappear with my money.

This is why you should NOT order directly from the creator. Terrible customer service. Worse part is he updated his Facebook this week so he has internet connection (no "I'm on vacation" excuse!). Should I report scam to PayPal now?

Jeff and Karl Hein have been in New Zealand and Fiji for a month. I believe he is heading back tomorrow. Not sure who is handling orders at the Estate but I would try and email him again this weekend. And BTW, Jeff and Anton would NEVER steal from anyone. In fact, I've had orders placed though Paypal and never received ANY notice and my customers were upset with me. Likewise, I've ordered through Paypal and have had the same thing happen to me. For what it's worth, last year Anton gave me a few of the cards for this concept and I used them at gigs to get someone's info when they didn't have a biz card on them. They really do work well and the built-in bits of play make it more of a fun experience. I'm wondering if too many guys are investing a lot of time into a full routine? I use it as a casual piece when I ask for their card.
paulmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia, now In New Zealand
290 Posts

Profile of paulmagic
I have used it and I find it works well if used when a person you meet does not have his business card handy. It is not for every contact. Gags are lame but it works which is the point, right? Smile my 2 cents
Many Blessings!!

Paul
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
Quote:
On 2013-02-07 00:42, eatonmagic wrote:
Quote:

Jeff and Karl Hein have been in New Zealand and Fiji for a month. I believe he is heading back tomorrow. Not sure who is handling orders at the Estate but I would try and email him again this weekend. And BTW, Jeff and Anton would NEVER steal from anyone. In fact, I've had orders placed though Paypal and never received ANY notice and my customers were upset with me. Likewise, I've ordered through Paypal and have had the same thing happen to me. For what it's worth, last year Anton gave me a few of the cards for this concept and I used them at gigs to get someone's info when they didn't have a biz card on them. They really do work well and the built-in bits of play make it more of a fun experience. I'm wondering if too many guys are investing a lot of time into a full routine? I use it as a casual piece when I ask for their card.

Hey, thanks for replying. I appreciate it. Well again, this just proves my point. I learnt my lesson. Never going to order from individual creators' again. If you don't receive "ANY notice" from PayPal, it's completely your fault because you have a lousy e-commerce website/backend (I'm a web developer so I know). This NEVER happens at big retailers like Penguin, etc.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1260 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On 2013-02-07 02:41, zoneinfinite wrote:

This NEVER happens at big retailers like Penguin, etc.

Zone, yer kidding, right?

:rolleyes:

Like they say on Car Talk, "Doesn't anyone screen these calls?!"
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Long live Lowell and Richie!
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
1KJ is right about everything he said. However, while it may not be for him, I like it. The peek wallet isn't anything earth-shattering but it will work. It doesn't have a cool method; it's just a simple peek wallet but it's well made and should last a long time. The Ultimate Networking Tool isn't really a 'trick' but more like a neat idea. The guys have made up a pretty nice package to include a stack of 'backward' business cards, peek wallet, booklet, DVD, online forum, heck they even included a pencil. Another thing 1KJ stated was it's probably better to get their card and I agree. That said, this is perfect for when they don't have one on them which happens pretty often in social settings. I plan to use this set up and if it books me a gig then it was $40 well spent. Everyone's mileage will very but I'm happy with this purchase.
zoneinfinite
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of zoneinfinite
Quote:
On 2013-02-07 02:41, zoneinfinite wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-02-07 00:42, eatonmagic wrote:
Quote:

Hey, thanks for replying. I appreciate it. Well again, this just proves my point. I learnt my lesson. Never going to order from individual creators' again. If you don't receive "ANY notice" from PayPal, it's completely your fault because you have a lousy e-commerce website/backend (I'm a web developer so I know). This NEVER happens at big retailers like Penguin, etc.

Jeff got back to me and was apologetic. Should be receiving my order soon. I think it was a simple case of "website technical problems". Anyway, he has probably taken care of it by now so it should be safe to order on his site. Smile
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1022 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Quote:
On 2013-02-08 22:16, M Sini wrote:
1KJ is right about everything he said. However, while it may not be for him, I like it. The peek wallet isn't anything earth-shattering but it will work. It doesn't have a cool method; it's just a simple peek wallet but it's well made and should last a long time. The Ultimate Networking Tool isn't really a 'trick' but more like a neat idea. The guys have made up a pretty nice package to include a stack of 'backward' business cards, peek wallet, booklet, DVD, online forum, heck they even included a pencil. Another thing 1KJ stated was it's probably better to get their card and I agree. That said, this is perfect for when they don't have one on them which happens pretty often in social settings. I plan to use this set up and if it books me a gig then it was $40 well spent. Everyone's mileage will very but I'm happy with this purchase.

Thank you for the information. Sounds like it's well worth the money for a professional performer.

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
International Motivational Speaker & Entertainer; Helps you get ROCK-STAR RESULTS for your event!

For your gifts and free trainings, visit:
https://JoeLibbySeminars.com
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 17:47, JackMagic wrote:
So Hardly "the ultimate"

Another overused word in Magic

As a magician who earns money from performing I think this is one trick that deserves the title 'ultimate'. It's a great way to get prospects details.

However, for hobbyists I don't think this will deliver the same value.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1409 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Tried this out at a wedding exhibition this weekend. Thought it would be ideal as brides don't generally carry their own business cards Smile

Works really well as second trick to do, once you have started a conversation with the couple.

If your after leads, it's worth using.

Dom
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3542 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
M sini,
well said. While this is not for me, I'm sure many will like it.
johndamen
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of johndamen
Good lord....lol....might have been the most evasive and confusing trailer I've ever seen....period. I had to look it up here at the Café just to get some inkling of what I'd being paying $40 for...lmao.
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
I'm the same. Saw the trailer (after clicking one of the many handy banners here in the Café) and was utterly confused. I don't know if you get the TV infomercial for 'Snuggies' wherever you're reading this. A Snuggy is like a robe you can wear anywhere to stay warm. Their ad starts with the announcer yelling 'tired of using complicated blankets?' and a man wrestling a blanket like it's become possessed. This ad kinda reminds me of it. Who writes anyone's information on a napkin? I've never done this and I've never witnessed it except maybe in a cheesy commercial where some guy is getting a girl's number (and even in this situation I don't think it would happen).

I cannot support a product that they won't show in the ad. I understand we need to protect secrets, but what's the difference between this and say one of the numerous ads there are out there for the Telethought wallet? Outlaw Effects have no qualms with showing their wallet, so why won't these guys show us theirs?

The other thing that bothers me is the business card thing. If you're like me (and I imagine many here are far worse as I'm a noob) you already have a variety of business card routines. I have a business card effect with 4 ways to complete the same effect! As I said, some of you probably have 10 different methods. So when you watch a video like this one and hear the vague explanation of the effect I just think - I can already do this without a wallet (or perhaps with the wallet you already have).

Don't get me wrong. This is probably just as good as any other p**k out there, but the ridiculous overkill ruins it for me. I already have my own business cards that I make with a white blank face and a black back with my details. It's a nice touch as you hand them their drawing duplication with your signature and all of your details on the back. They don't forget that. And it's classy. Smile

So I hope this works for some. I just don't think it's for me and the creators should consider their marketing plan. You don't need to expose anything, at least show us the routine though.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I don't think they can show the full routine because that's really what your buying. The method is to get their contact info, so there would be nothing to buy once you saw it.

I don't work professionally so I knew it wasn't for me. But Cody Fisher on the previous page is a full time pro and he gave it high marks. My uneducated mind in the ways of marketing and getting gigs would think anyone interested in Cody's services would be quite happy to take his card and call him. But, maybe that's not how things work and even mega talents have to be pro-active and get info and make follow up calls.

I could only make a return/follow up call to someone that called me first. I would feel awkward doing that with info I got doing a trick, so maybe that's why this is just a hobby for me.

Craig and Dave on WPR reviewed it and go into quiet a bit of detail ( neither of them will use it, but saw some value in the product ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN8hU60-r......&t=8m43s
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
744 Posts

Profile of Marc O
This wallet was brought to my attention in a Inner Thoughts thread by IAIN last september.
I saw the orignial link to the Vanashingincmagic website description and because of the poor information about this product I didn't gave it any second thoughts.

That was untill yesterday when I started my quest for a nice businesscardwallet and I stumbled upon this thread.
The link to the Craig and Dave WPR provided by Zombie Magic sold this item to me!

Forget about the whole networking thing, for just 10 bucks you get a great p**k wallet for your businesscards which comes together with a book and DVD!
There is room enough for a big stack of businesscards (I am thinking about a Sveng*** stack with "different" drawings of former people who have made a drawing for me).
A nice p**k for a drawing dup and finally the pencil gives me a fair reason to get my na*lwr*ter out of the drawer again!

Just ordered this and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Seriously if you look at this item at a different angle then that was advertised I think a lot of us can get some great mileage out of this.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1986 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I bought this from reading various people on Magic Café talk about their favorite "peek wallet" and after I saw the $10 price tag, I had to add to cart. This would be a great companion to the "Networker Deck" by Paul Brook

here is my video review for anyone still on the fence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXTpvOa0feM
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1045 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Sounds like a great product even just for someone looking for a business card holder and peek. Especially since it holds a "stack" amount.

SURVEY SAYS... SOLD!
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
588 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2016, EZrhythm wrote:
Sounds like a great product even just for someone looking for a business card holder and peek. Especially since it holds a "stack" amount.

SURVEY SAYS... SOLD!

Yeah, this is one of those you are buying for the gimmick and not the effect. Now I do carry the "Your Business Card" with me because they do come in handy when you are out and need to get info from someone. For those who know about the blog that shall not be named he goes over an effect with this on the blog.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
TX
1986 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
UPDATE: I took out the white cardstock on the peek side and switched it out with black
Youtube & Intstagram @MagicOrthodoxy
FOLLOW and SUBSCRIBE - I giveaway magic and cards every month
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Networking Tool by Jeff Kaylor & Aton James (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL