The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Classic fake transfer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Johnnymysto
View Profile
Regular user
South Carolina
116 Posts

Profile of Johnnymysto
Success at last!! I finally learned this sleight. After seeing Dan "The Man" Watkins do this on one of his videos, I knew I had to learn it. Now, I'm nowhere near as good as he is, but I've got the gist of it. I was watching Michael Ammar's Intro to Coin Magic, and had the basic move down. But it wasn't until he did the 5 coins in the spectator's palm trick that I finally 'got it.' So for any of you trying to get this one down, I suggest this DVD for learning.
Jason Bay
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
117 Posts

Profile of Jason Bay
Thanks for the tip, Johnny!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The most important thing about a so-called fake transfer is you REALLY believe you have put the coin into your other hand... and there was A REASON to do so, like move something, pick up a wand... whatever to give you a reason.

Study Dai Vernon. Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I also suggest looking at the Professor's stuff as well as Mr. Slydini.

Seeing Mr. Goshman back in the mid-70's as a novice opened up the possibilities of magic and not having to be a cookie cutter entertainer.

I had to find what moves were natural to me and the persona I was using at a particular venue.

Harris "Palms of Aluminum Foil" Deutsch
For the lighter touch in Coin Magic
Laughologist and Nearly Normal Magician
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I loved the way Goshman would seeming toss a coin into his other hand and have it vanish... I learned a TON from him and use much that kind of "pass" most often. You and your body language has to sell it.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
This morning I got back to the basics with Doc. Rubensteins DVD's.

It contains (IMHO) a lot of useful tips.

It is the 3rd DVD I am learning from. (I am slow to enter the tech world. I grew up in books and manuscripts.) Going from "palm 8 coins in the right hand" to a "simple" vanish is something this nearly normal magician needs to do from time to time.

KISS - Keep it simple that is.

I can see why people have talked so much about DVD and video use. I still like to go back to the books.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Classic fake transfer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL