The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Tattoos (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bodgit
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Bodgit
On my left shoulder I have a tattoo of a Labyrinth. The symbol has enthralled me since I first saw it as a child.

It can be a meditation, a mandala, a mystery, above all a journey.

A talented local silversmith was kind enough to cast a matching pair of rough silver disks for me.

On one he engraved a precise copy of my tattoo.

Many times I have shown the Cornish Labyrinth. Commented on it's symbolism and history. Possible explanations for it's presence in Rocky Valley.

It is a little known but important piece in the Arthurian landscape and legend.

Many have held that Labyrinth tightly in a clenched fist. Waited as the Cornish silver began to burn, finally dashing a fist upon my shoulder.

I must admit to a certain satisfaction at their bewilderment on discovering the ephemeral nature of the Labyrinth they had so tightly grasped,

and relish their expression when, having removed my shirt, they spy it once again. As if branded upon my shoulder.

http://www.labyrinthos.net/rockyvalley.html
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
Many years have passed since this thread was active, and I am curious how many folks are using tattoos these days to achieve a magical effect?

I have a bunch of random tattoos and so getting the name of a card tattooed would not that strange for me. Curious how people have used tattoos as card revelations or other applications?
tomriddle
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of tomriddle
Loved the idea of using tattoos in magic, since its like a 'magic trick' you'll have etched on you for life, a permanent EDC. Although I've never got around to get inked myself.

For those of you who are looking to get inked or have already, and needed some inspiration, this video of Chris Ramsay is a must watch.

peppermeat2000
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of peppermeat2000
Reed Mclintock has the BEST tattoo (out of many) for use alongside a card trick...You have to see it to truly appreciate it!!!! It's BRILLIANT.
aoakden
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of aoakden
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2013, jugglestruck wrote:
There are a couple of regular posters on this forum who have tattoos related to magic that make me cringe. Whatever you do, think long term, what is hip today is plain naff tomorrow. Blimey, I sound like my mum.....

Honestly the same could be said about ANY tattoo.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Tattoos (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL