The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Simon Lovell's Second To None: The Art Of Second Dealing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
SIMON LOVELL'S SECOND TO NONE: THE ART OF SECOND DEALING BOOK
If you ever wanted to learn how to deal the second card in the deck while making it look like you are dealing the top card--this is your best opportunity.

Follow Simon Lovell as he takes you step-by-step through the art of the second deal. He discusses more nuances, subtleties and variations than you probably ever knew existed. He doesn't sugarcoat the work but gives you all the tools you need to master this powerful sleight. But, he doesn't stop there. Once you begin mastering the second deal you are treated to some routines which you can practice. And as a finale Simon discusses some of the second deal's more nefarious uses.
As a special pre-publication offer you can get this book at a discounted price of only US $25 and free shipping worldwide. Once it is officially released the price will go up. Expected Shipping date jan 31 2013 from Meir Yedid

As a special bonus, the book includes many historical gambling-themed graphics as well as the history of the second deal, which dates back to the 1500s. Also included are reproductions of important contributions to the second deal, including excerpts from Robert-Houdin's "Card-Sharping Exposed" and S. W. Erdnase's "Expert At The Card Table."
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
krazykat
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
87 Posts

Profile of krazykat
What is going to be the difference between this, Simon's earlier booklet on the second deal, and the information in "Simon Says?"
Bandaloop
View Profile
Regular user
Dodging attacks for the past
195 Posts

Profile of Bandaloop
Well - it's over 150 pages so there's definitely some added material. It's mainly a section on history, photos, gambling prints, and inclusions of descriptions of second deals from other older writings (Erdnase, Robert-Houdin, etc). I also believe that the actual writing from the original booklet Simon put out has been expanded somewhat.
Bandaloop
View Profile
Regular user
Dodging attacks for the past
195 Posts

Profile of Bandaloop
I got the book a couple days ago. For the most part, the actual Second to None writing is pretty much the same as the original. The added material is nice to have in there and the photos are great.

In my opinion, if you already have the original Second to None book, there is still a major reason to get this one. There's a paragraph at the end of the intro to the book that has some info in it that I feel is worth the $25 price alone.
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
I picked it up from Simon from Magi Fest and it looks great. The line drawings have been replaced with photos and greatly increased in size. It's the best resource for second dealing I've ever read.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Simon Lovell's Second To None: The Art Of Second Dealing (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL