The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Stunner Cups and Balls set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WingChun
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of WingChun
Does anyone own a set of the Stunner Cups? They're stated either in aluminum or brass finish. Need a review. Thanks.
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
They seem just regular cups with a chop cup featured in this set. Nothing special. (The guy in the routine I found on youtube, isn't very good with them...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_gZeg3gho
WingChun
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of WingChun
Quote:
On 2013-01-20 09:49, cirrus wrote:
They seem just regular cups with a chop cup featured in this set. Nothing special. (The guy in the routine I found on youtube, isn't very good with them...) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg_gZeg3gho

Thanks cirrus. I also watched the youtube clip before posting this but I was asking for the quality of cups (size, weight, metal and so on). Maybe, I try to ask to Paul Gross of Hocus-Pocus, where I first found them.
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
If you have the money, go for a rings and things set, you won't regret it.
wsgumby
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of wsgumby
The weird thing about the Stunner cups is all three cups are chopped. The guy in the video handles the cups with no subtlety whatsoever. I have no idea about the quality of the cups.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Even if you don't go to Donnie at RNT2 for the cups (and you SHOULD!) at least get adjustable balls from him so you don't end up like the guy in the video Smile I believe that's called the "Ketchup" move...

Bri
WingChun
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of WingChun
Quote:
On 2013-01-20 10:27, cirrus wrote:
If you have the money, go for a rings and things set, you won't regret it.

You're right cirrus: RNT produces one of the best brand of cups but frankly not so easy to afford.
Sir Richard
View Profile
Special user
650 Posts

Profile of Sir Richard
Well, the stunner set isn't exactly cheap:

In Aluminum: http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/stunner-cu......294.html

In Brass: http://www.amazon.com/Stunner-Cups-Balls......0AG2ESNM

Sir Richard.
"In the land of Murphy there is but ONE law!"
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
The ketchup move,that just crackes me up .
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I would suggest: save up for a rings and things set, and instead of relying on the chop cup to do the work, do it with sleight of hand, much more satisfying. It will help you greatly in your magic.
scottjenkins
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of scottjenkins
Wait a minute! Does the guy in the youtube vid show two balls in the cup at the beginning of the trick, or is that a reflection at the 14 second mark?
Scott Jenkins
Magician Member of the AMA
Joe Porper's partner!
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
No, you are right, he did show 2 balls. So he didn't practice this trick enough. hence: I wouldn't buy from that guy.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
796 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I noticed the guy was kind of big and big guys like to slam things, so maybe this was the perfect routine for him?
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1377 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
Are these the Magic Makers cups?
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Quote:
On 2013-01-25 16:26, Keith Mitchell wrote:
I noticed the guy was kind of big and big guys like to slam things

??????????????????????

and all people with blue eyes like classic cars.
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
140 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
Go for RNT2 cups....I bought the Paul Fox copper satin...they are the real deal...study the classic routines first...having 3 chopped cups? What's for? Maybe I'm a purist but I cannot understand...
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Quote:
On 2013-01-28 19:15, Moonstone76 wrote:
Go for RNT2 cups....I bought the Paul Fox copper satin...they are the real deal...study the classic routines first...having 3 chopped cups? What's for? Maybe I'm a purist but I cannot understand...

You aren't the only purist here. I don't even like 1 gimmicked cup, although Paul Daniel's routine with the cup is nice... but not suited for my performing style. I like to do things sloooooow (and I don't slam things on the table although I am 1m85 and weigh approx 123 kilo's (you calculate it in feet and pounds))
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
126 Posts

Profile of tm613
You guys must not like Don Alan's chop cup ...too much slamming...certainly not a purist
Moonstone76
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
140 Posts

Profile of Moonstone76
I must to say I appreciate the great chop cup routines...Don Alan, Paul Daniels....but when it comes to the classic C&B, well, I love to work with non gimmicked cups...
WingChun
View Profile
Veteran user
317 Posts

Profile of WingChun
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 11:00, Moonstone76 wrote:
I must to say I appreciate the great chop cup routines...Don Alan, Paul Daniels....but when it comes to the classic C&B, well, I love to work with non gimmicked cups...

Thanks Mile, really appreciate Your thoughts. I my self lean toward classics (I mean just cups and balls and not the chopped versions) but must admit that John Mendoza or Micheal Vincent have wonderful routines with combo sets. Good magic is just good magic...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Stunner Cups and Balls set (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL