We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed - Third Generation (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
So does this work well on UK coins?

If not, which version of Coinvexed works well for that?
Nikki78
View Profile
Elite user
I impaled Dracula with
493 Posts

Profile of Nikki78
I guess so. It was developed in the UK and David Penn shows every technique with UK currency

Cheers
Nikki
I'm no native speaker - please ignore the mistakes Smile
sgiandubh
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of sgiandubh
As I stated in my original post Coinvexed is a brilliant effect I love it and continue to carry it with me at all times. My problem is the change from silver gimmick to brown one is not good for UK users and this was never mentioned. Get yourself a silver gimmick and you will see the difference in the actual bend which is far superior and it will never slip. As for customer service from WMS let's just say they will no longer be getting my business, yes I know it won't make much difference to them but we all have choice and mine is to conduct business with a company that actually cares about its customers and not one that just takes the money!
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3745 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I have coinvexed 1, 2 and now 3. Coinvexed 2 was major leap forward in the right direction from the first version. Coinvexed 3 is a minor hop backwards perhaps. I also prefer the silver gimmick. It blends in very nicely with US coins such as quarters, nickles and dimes. The black color of the new gimmick I do not think is well hidden as the silver gimmick is. Also, the sharpie cap gimmick on Coinvexed 3 seems slightly lighter as compared with coinvexed 1 or 2 gimmick. Also the sharpie gimmick in coinvexed 2 has a certain dimple on it to help you with orientation of the gimmick whereas the new gimmick does not. I have not yet watched the DVD so I cannot comment on the double coin bend routiens. Bottom line: if you cannot find coinvexed 2 then coinvexed 3 is your best option. If you have Coinvexed 2, stay with that and you do not need 3 unless you really want the double coin bend routine.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3745 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I just finished watching the DVD. I was very impressed with two of the additional routines. A routien dealing with a person's fears is excellent and another routine involving hypnosis was superb. The hypnosis routine was done on another magician in the studio as well as a live performance. The magician appeared visibly emotional during and after the routine. He was not faking one bit. It is heavy stuff and would leave a very strong emotional impact on your spectator. This rouine should be done only if you have knowledge about hypnosis or experience. The routine about someone's fears can be done by anyone and would also leave a very strong and positive emotional feeling in your specattor if doen correctly.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
j.i.s.
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of j.i.s.
Why coinvexed 3 is not good for UK coins ? The place where insert the UK coin is too small? or what ? I have coinvexed 1 and I like to have sharpie method for US and Euro coins .

Thank you
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2469 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
How is everybody likeing there Coinvexed 3.0 ?? Worth the 120.00 ??
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3637 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I don't have coinvexed 1 or 2. I do have other coin bending devices. I like it. Is it worth $120? I can't say that I'm dissapointed with the price. I think of the several coin bending devices I have, this is probably the best. I'm not sure I like the idea of hiding the device under coins. I think it might be better to hide one of the devices behind the other device. If it was created slightly differently, it could have passed for a pen clip, like a pocket clip. I think I will probably use this as my go to coin bending device, but I think there is room for even better devices.
KJ.
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Got mine today and already played around with it.

Apart from my hands getting completely bruised after 10 attempts, it works fine.

I will be trying this tonight to my close "magic testers" who I test my tricks on, and will come back with a MUCH more detailed review.

Only criticism is that for a 16 year old like me, it's quite hard to get the coin bent without adding superior force slyly.

Review coming soon...
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
My review of Coinvexed 3: (overall rating 4.5/5).

I have not seen the gimmicks to the previous versions so this review is solely based on Coinvexed
3rd generation.

I got a nice and sleek box with the 2 gimmicks inside. At first, I was confused as to how the trick
was going to work but later on figured it out (I always try to guess the trick out before watching the DVD).

I then popped in the DVD and started watching through everything. The DVD is very well put
together, and taught, by none other than our David Penn. He went through everything clearly in detail
which is what I prefer and like.

There was also some additional footage and routine ideas from other magicians and hypnotists, such as
Amit. His one was very good and I have already got a few ideas from his routines.

Now, most importantly, it's about the gimmicks and the trick working in the real world. After a few hours
practice, I was ready to try it on my best mates (who I test all my magic tricks on). It flew pass both of them,
but they did complain I made a lot of noise (this was because the environment was really quiet).

I liked everything, but the only criticism which I have to say is that the bend can be tricky at times on
certain 2P/10P coins compared to other coins. I am still yet to be able to bend it EASILY in front of them, with
misdirection.

Right now, I turn around and do it whilst they are drawing something secretive on the white business card I give.

However, all in all, its a fantastic trick but Id be grateful if someone can give me tips on how I can get the bend more
efficiently, and naturally without putting a huge amount of effort. (And yes, I did try the method David Penn went
through on the video, but the success rate of that is only about 75%). I also take around 10-25 seconds to bend the
actual coin which can be quite suspicious sometimes, especially to the spectators.

All in all, a good trick, worth the price.

Would appreciate if David, or anyone else, can maybe help me out / answer my questions.

4.5/5 total rating from me. (I know my rating doesn't mean much but I hope it helps someone out there).
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10629 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Great review - although the idea of having to spin around to get cover to do the work wouldn't be idea.

With my QB2, coins bend like melted butter in about .5 sec
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Libertus, did you find a problem with the UK currency?
I love sponges
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Quote:
On 2013-03-22 17:26, professorwho wrote:
Libertus, did you find a problem with the UK currency?


I've only tried with 2 and 10p coins and it works fine but does require some effort.
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Try with some of the older 2ps (the non magnetic ones)
I love sponges
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Quote:
On 2013-03-22 20:25, professorwho wrote:
Try with some of the older 2ps (the non magnetic ones)


Tried it and its just as hard. Im now getting mixed feelings on this trick as the coin bending is quite hard, maybe because of my age.
martinkey
View Profile
Regular user
Tadmarton, Oxon, UK
129 Posts

Profile of martinkey
The older 5p pieces are pretty easy to bend but the newer ones are more difficult. Don't rush it and add a bit more misdirection in by commenting on their drawing, e.g. "Are you sure that's a man?"
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 07:18, martinkey wrote:
The older 5p pieces are pretty easy to bend but the newer ones are more difficult. Don't rush it and add a bit more misdirection in by commenting on their drawing, e.g. "Are you sure that's a man?"


I've tried all sorts of coins and whilst the method is actually genius, I believe you need to really put in a lot of effort to bend the coins.

I tried tons of times today already and have only managed to bend it a tiny amount, and that still took me a good while to do (I also had some slips at some points), and because of this issue, which is stopping me from performing this in the real world, Id like to amend my rating and give it a 3/5.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10629 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Thank you for your honesty and feedback Libertus.

Look folks - reality is that Coinvexed just doesn't provide nearly the easy leverage that you get with QB. No way.

I've gotten PM's for months from many of you - quietly asking me whether QB is *REALLY* that easy to bend coins with... Do coins REALLY bend like hot butter.

My answer is an unqualified YES ...the QB gimmick makes it easier for ANYONE to bend a coin with ease. The new QB3's hinge (genus engineered pivot joint btw) will also allow larger coins, foreign coins (UK,etc) and bending keys.

I don't own CV...but I've been rteading these threads for years + I've gotten loads of PM's from many a frustrated CV owner asking if QB is the real deal...and worth the extra money.

QB is the best piece of gear I have EVER bought or owned. Nothing beats it.

If you need more "misdirection and cover" with CV - or more hand stregth... Then maybe you should step up to QB and see what "night and day" feels like.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 09:58, saysold1 wrote:
Thank you for your honesty and feedback Libertus.

Look folks - reality is that Coinvexed just doesn't provide nearly the easy leverage that you get with QB. No way.

I've gotten PM's for months from many of you - quietly asking me whether QB is *REALLY* that easy to bend coins with... Do coins REALLY bend like hot butter.

My answer is an unqualified YES ...the QB gimmick makes it easier for ANYONE to bend a coin with ease. The new QB3's hinge (genus engineered pivot joint btw) will also allow larger coins, foreign coins (UK,etc) and bending keys.

I don't own CV...but I've been rteading these threads for years + I've gotten loads of PM's from many a frustrated CV owner asking if QB is the real deal...and worth the extra money.

QB is the best piece of gear I have EVER bought or owned. Nothing beats it.

If you need more "misdirection and cover" with CV - or more hand stregth... Then maybe you should step up to QB and see what "night and day" feels like.


Thanks for your review on QB.

I will play around with CV for a few more days and if its not going to do me any good, or work as well as I expected, Il have to probably sell it, but despite me saying this, the trick works and it does the job, but I always like the trick which does the job for me in the most easiest way.
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 14:56, sgiandubh wrote:
Coinvexed 3 with brown gimmick ? for UK users save your money and stick with the Silver gimmick. I upgraded at Blackpool and wish I hadn't, the cap improvement is nice albeit you don't need it for the effect. The brown gimmick sucks on UK coins so stick with the silver gimmick save your money and enjoy! I have now purchased some original silver gimmicks and could not be happier with them. I have used coinvexed for many years and it is one of my favourite effects but c'mon WMS be straight when you bring out these improvements when I asked about the differences at Blackpool there was no mention of the change to accomodate US and European coins which means it sucks with UK coins (you might get away with 50 pence coins). The bend is more of an angle than curve and coins slip, not good. I have raised it with WMS and the response pretty poor... (oh yeah I was offered a swap back to an old gimmick so £95 well spent) Well on the bright side it has highlighted how good another magic dealer down in Ashford Kent is...thank you Peter.
Quote:
On 2013-03-16 10:39, sgiandubh wrote:
As I stated in my original post Coinvexed is a brilliant effect I love it and continue to carry it with me at all times. My problem is the change from silver gimmick to brown one is not good for UK users and this was never mentioned. Get yourself a silver gimmick and you will see the difference in the actual bend which is far superior and it will never slip. As for customer service from WMS let's just say they will no longer be getting my business, yes I know it won't make much difference to them but we all have choice and mine is to conduct business with a company that actually cares about its customers and not one that just takes the money!


Hello, did we speak via email? The Brown Gimmick was introduced over four years ago as the 'Euro' Version of Coinvexed 2, in response to demand for the ability to bend a wider variety of coins. CV3's improvement is on the cap, we all also had the gimmick out ready for people to try and play with at Blackpool! The bend is just as good (in my opinion, but I DO use this at least once every other day) and I also believe the optical bends are more visual with this type of bend. Like I said, It took me a few days to get used to the newer gimmick, when I bought CV2, just because I had used the original for so long.

I am not sure what I said via email for you to think that low of me! And like you said, we offered to change it to your proffered one! You never said you wanted a refund?

We do care about our customer, and always will.

Regards

Marc


Quote:
On 2013-03-16 13:40, magicinsight wrote:
I just finished watching the DVD. I was very impressed with two of the additional routines. A routien dealing with a person's fears is excellent and another routine involving hypnosis was superb. The hypnosis routine was done on another magician in the studio as well as a live performance. The magician appeared visibly emotional during and after the routine. He was not faking one bit. It is heavy stuff and would leave a very strong emotional impact on your spectator. This rouine should be done only if you have knowledge about hypnosis or experience. The routine about someone's fears can be done by anyone and would also leave a very strong and positive emotional feeling in your specattor if doen correctly.



I am glad you like my Phobia presentation!

That was also me that Amit performed on in the studio. Highly irritated by that, as many other hypnotists have tried and failed with me! Was a good experience though!

Quote:
On 2013-03-22 16:52, saysold1 wrote:
Great review - although the idea of having to spin around to get cover to do the work wouldn't be idea.

With my QB2, coins bend like melted butter in about .5 sec


Once you are used to it, CV is the same, it takes no time at all and can be done right in front of the spec's. As with any magic effect, it just takes a little performance practice. You will get very confident, very quickly with it!

For UK users: I prefer bending 50p and 20p coins, the straight edges cause it to have a really nice bend in it!

If anyone needs any help or pointer, please feel free to drop me a PM, I usually pop on here 2 or 3 times a week though!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed - Third Generation (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL