The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed - Third Generation (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10493 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:

Once you are used to it, CV is the same, it takes no time at all and can be done right in front of the spec's. As with any magic effect, it just takes a little performance practice. You will get very confident, very quickly with it!

For UK users: I prefer bending 50p and 20p coins, the straight edges cause it to have a really nice bend in it!
If anyone needs any help or pointer, please feel free to drop me a PM, I usually pop on here 2 or 3 times a week though!


But the reality is that CV uses two parts and QB uses a single hinged and engineered gimmick.

Logically, one obtains better leverage with one single piece then two - just as with any tool.

You can't deny the science and the physics here.

The debate about best bender continues - same debate - different day/year.

QB still reigns supreme because of it's exquisite engineering and proven ability to make bending EASY for young/old/big/small/strong and less strong performers.

The new version QB3 is now designed for foreign coins and bending other objects.

I intend to get one.

I've never doubnted that CV is probably a decent or even good product.

But again, comparing CV to QB is like comparing a 767 to a Cessna. I know how I would like to fly.

The only reason I am ranting a but here is I have gotten 3 PM's just this past week from people who weren't too wild about CV but maybe didn't want to publicly post here.

Interesting.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I have to admit what saysold1 just said: There is no Comparison
from coinvexed to QB2.

I have both QB2 and Coinvexed 1 + 2. I never used the Coinvexed
in a Performance.

With the QB2 you do it in half a Second without even lookin. The
Coin bends like Butter and the Misdirection is perfect, if you
do a 2 Coin Routine as I do usually.

I think both of the Gimmicks are usable after all said. The main Difference
is the same as comparing a Rolls Royce with a BMW.

Just my 5 Swiss Francs
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)



Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
MarcLavelle
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of MarcLavelle
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 11:31, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:

Once you are used to it, CV is the same, it takes no time at all and can be done right in front of the spec's. As with any magic effect, it just takes a little performance practice. You will get very confident, very quickly with it!

For UK users: I prefer bending 50p and 20p coins, the straight edges cause it to have a really nice bend in it!
If anyone needs any help or pointer, please feel free to drop me a PM, I usually pop on here 2 or 3 times a week though!


But the reality is that CV uses two parts and QB uses a single hinged and engineered gimmick.

Logically, one obtains better leverage with one single piece then two - just as with any tool.

You can't deny the science and the physics here.

The debate about best bender continues - same debate - different day/year.

QB still reigns supreme because of it's exquisite engineering and proven ability to make bending EASY for young/old/big/small/strong and less strong performers.

The new version QB3 is now designed for foreign coins and bending other objects.

I intend to get one.

I've never doubnted that CV is probably a decent or even good product.

But again, comparing CV to QB is like comparing a 767 to a Cessna. I know how I would like to fly.

The only reason I am ranting a but here is I have gotten 3 PM's just this past week from people who weren't too wild about CV but maybe didn't want to publicly post here.

Interesting.


It is always going to be preference! I colleague of mine uses QB, and performs it really well! I personally never got on with it though! I would never deny physics! Both releases do what they are supposed to do with great ease! (I know a 12 year old that uses CV2, and he hasn't got a shed of muscle on him!)

I use CV for other objects, on a keys, cutlery etc...

It's always going to be preference, bottom line, is if you get a chance, try them out! (And any other benders on the market)
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Totally Right Marc

There is never the perfect Tool that fits to Everybody.

Everyone has a favorite Method that fits his Presentation.

Also a simple Coin Switch can look like a Miracle if it's done the right Way.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)



Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 18:22, rasmus wrote:
Totally Right Marc

There is never the perfect Tool that fits to Everybody.

Everyone has a favorite Method that fits his Presentation.

Also a simple Coin Switch can look like a Miracle if it's done the right Way.


Totally Right Rasmus!

I also think EVERYTHING depends on the performer. It's like humor. Some guys are funny and then another could use the same lines and bomb.

But, no matter what coin bend routine I did, I wouldn't want to work the same venue with Rasmus and have him do his visual coin bend. It's hard to compete with something that looks like real magic accomplished it!
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Thanks Zombie Smile

To much Compliments make me feel embarrassed:)

No honestly

In my Opinion there are no bad Bending Tools or Methods. Just bad Performances.
Every Method or Tool has advantages and drawbacks. If the Method is used in a proper Way,
you can do Miracles with every Method out there.

Just my 5 swiss Francs
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)



Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
"The resourceful professional failing to improve the method changes the moment"

.......Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi

Snooki knows!
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
HELLO EVERYONE,

Can you feedback to me?


I love Coinvexed 3! I've been using it, and love the concept...so much... but I'm struggling....
I'm in England of course, so pure UK money bends for me!

I am a physically strong person, but bending UK coins is not easy.. in fact, I only do 1ps now as they are by far the easiest. 10p and 2p are twice as hard, and I want the bend to be as easy as possible. ANYWAY, it is NOT the bending that is the problem!!! It's the SLIPPING!!
Even with 1ps... when I bend, no matter what technique I use, the coin eventually slips out and makes a suspicious noise. The only way to prevent this I find is to bend it less, but then the overall effect is not as strong. TO put a good amount of bend in it, the coin always seems to slip at the end under the pressure of your hands, it's just preventing an amazing effect from being a breeze.

Has anyone else noticed the SLIPPING with UK currency?

To me, it just seems that the 'gimmick mouth' is a little too wide and flat. People have spoke about the COINVEXED 2 gimmick being a lot better for UK coins? Is this the case? If so why? Do you think World Magic Shop will let me swap my CV3 gimmick for the CV2 one as I am a UK bender only!?

Thanls
Mark iNFiNiTi
Creator of Revelation Gum
Join the Revelation @ Saturnmagic.co.uk/revelationgum
runeflax
View Profile
Loyal user
214 Posts

Profile of runeflax
Quote:
Do you think World Magic Shop will let me swap my CV3 gimmick for the CV2 one as I am a UK bender only!?


Don't think so. Their customer service is well below average.
But maybe this will make them want to prove the opposite...
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Quote:
On 2013-03-24 10:06, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
HELLO EVERYONE,

Can you feedback to me?


I love Coinvexed 3! I've been using it, and love the concept...so much... but I'm struggling....
I'm in England of course, so pure UK money bends for me!

I am a physically strong person, but bending UK coins is not easy.. in fact, I only do 1ps now as they are by far the easiest. 10p and 2p are twice as hard, and I want the bend to be as easy as possible. ANYWAY, it is NOT the bending that is the problem!!! It's the SLIPPING!!
Even with 1ps... when I bend, no matter what technique I use, the coin eventually slips out and makes a suspicious noise. The only way to prevent this I find is to bend it less, but then the overall effect is not as strong. TO put a good amount of bend in it, the coin always seems to slip at the end under the pressure of your hands, it's just preventing an amazing effect from being a breeze.

Has anyone else noticed the SLIPPING with UK currency?

To me, it just seems that the 'gimmick mouth' is a little too wide and flat. People have spoke about the COINVEXED 2 gimmick being a lot better for UK coins? Is this the case? If so why? Do you think World Magic Shop will let me swap my CV3 gimmick for the CV2 one as I am a UK bender only!?

Thanls


I agree with everything you said here.

The coin slips most of the times and the bending is actually quite bad, and although I am 16, I do have the strength needed.

I did amend my review to a 3/5 and I will stick with this rating because the overall trick works and it does what its supposed to, but the fact that UK coins aren't bending so easily is a huge problem for me. I cannot go into a show and bend US coins when I am in the UK.
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
Howdy, I have been told by WMS that the silver gimmick has not been in production for 4 years and is unavailable ,

Im in Canada and the larger gap makes the smaller coins consistently slip.

but WMS did recommend to turn the gimmick around,
you have to glue the coins which doesn't utilize the magnets,

but is does stop the slipping issue .

It isn't ideal, but it works.
Derek Johnston
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10493 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Where is David Penn?

Maybe David can helpfully chime in here and help some of his mates in the UK who are consistently finding that the new CV3 gimmick may not be reliable?

Frankly I don't think a bender should get a rating more than a 2 out of 5 if regular guys can't make an easy bend with the gimmick provided.

So far it sounds like CV3 is a resounding dud...at any price.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Thanks for the replies guys. Seems like this isn't just me then...

One thing though, How would turning the gimmick around and gluing the coins make a difference? Wouldn't simply turning the gimmick around in your hand with the coins on the opposite side, then doing the bend produce the same result? I've tried the other way actually and it hasn't helped?? What difference does gluing make? Sorry for sounding naive.... The problem is, I've been trying every angle known to man and, as well as running out of 1ps in my entire house and having massive blisters on my hand from overdoing it, I can't seem to find a solution.

So did the original silver gimmick have a smaller, tighter mouth? Is it possible to use pliers to make the mouth smaller on this gimmick to you think? Guess not as the metal is designed to be maximum strong.... It's not even the mouth width, more it could do with like a 'tooth' at the end to keep the coin locked it.

ONE THING I AM TRYING, is to stick a bit of double sided tape in the mouth on both ridges, this makes the coin 'stick a bit' and causes friction... but as I've said I AM ALLLLL OUT OF COINS!!!!!! Need to rest my hands.


I just want this to be PERFECT, because I TOTALLY love the gimmick, trick, method, teaching, whole package! This is something I WILL USE!
And, I've always found WMS to be really awesome to me, with nothing but the best customer service! Sorry to hear some of you don't feel the same but they have never let me down. I wanted to see what other users on the Café thought before I asked them... but if the silver gimmick is no longer available, I don't see what they can do... ;(

ANY MORE IDEAS to stop the slipping?

Regards and respect everyone!
Mark iNFiNiTi
Creator of Revelation Gum
Join the Revelation @ Saturnmagic.co.uk/revelationgum
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
I would suggest to buy a metal putty like this: http://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/mech_sp......utty.htm

take a small piece and put a thin layer of the putty inside the mouth to make it a bit smaller. the putty,
if it's a good quality, should stay in place. before doin' that, you have to clean the gimmick very good with
alcohol or similar stuff, so the putty will stick perfect.

I don't know if it works but you can give it a try.
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)



Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Rasmus, awesome suggestion! I think this could work! The reason why, is because the bits of double sided tape are definitely slowing the slipping down, so this could really work perfect! Just what I'm looking for.

ALSO, has anyone ever thought to attach some thin foam to the underside of the gimmick? I just did this, and the whole thing feels easier to bend without it cutting into my hand... this lets me turn the gimmick upside down to do the bend without having to re-glue the coins.... The foam I used was a bit from the actual coinvexed gimmick holder than came in the packaging! Try it...

Thanks all
Mark iNFiNiTi
Creator of Revelation Gum
Join the Revelation @ Saturnmagic.co.uk/revelationgum
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4226 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
I think I'm more ocnvinced to buy QB 3 now. CV 3 just sounds like CV 2, but modified with a few routines.

I had CV 2.0 and I didn't like that you had to layer the deception in the routine when you had a better alternative, in this case will be QB 3.0
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1693 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Quote:
On 2013-03-24 13:15, magicmarkworldwide2 wrote:
Rasmus, awesome suggestion! I think this could work! The reason why, is because the bits of double sided tape are definitely slowing the slipping down, so this could really work perfect! Just what I'm looking for.

ALSO, has anyone ever thought to attach some thin foam to the underside of the gimmick? I just did this, and the whole thing feels easier to bend without it cutting into my hand... this lets me turn the gimmick upside down to do the bend without having to re-glue the coins.... The foam I used was a bit from the actual coinvexed gimmick holder than came in the packaging! Try it...

Thanks all



very appriciated, hope this works for you. just be aware, that this putty hardens very fast!
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)



Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
magic1178
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magic1178
Ya sorry I meant turn the gimmick upside Down, not turn around
Derek Johnston
Billybonkers
View Profile
Loyal user
Diamond Bar L.A
256 Posts

Profile of Billybonkers
Are there any u.s based magicians who own this and can comment on if they're have problems with u.s coins slipping or being difficult to bend?

Thanks in advance
Doug Peters
View Profile
Special user
I have a life, so I only have
585 Posts

Profile of Doug Peters
I've used CV2 since it came out.
(check out this private video for a one-coin routine with it)
It is very easy to bend U.S. coins.
And while slipping is an issue in the early practice, it won't take long before it never happens.

Doug
"if you have any answers, it's time to ask harder questions!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed - Third Generation (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL