We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed - Third Generation (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 13:53, Doug Peters wrote:
I've used CV2 since it came out.
(check out this private video for a one-coin routine with it)
It is very easy to bend U.S. coins.
And while slipping is an issue in the early practice, it won't take long before it never happens.

Doug

Thanks for sharing your work on CV2 Doug.

Charlie
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Hi guys, I received coinvexed 3 a while ago and here are my thoughts on it:

Initial impression: This bender is fantastic and everything I hoped it would be! Now I don't own any other top-end coin benders so I cannot give a comparison, but I don't see how this gimmick could be improved on much. The gimmick is camoflaged in a very sneaky way, and the built in misdirection means there is NO HEAT when the bend is being performed.

The DVD: The DVD is very well shot, and includes David's standard 2-coin bend routine, and it also includes presentation ideas from marc lavelle, and headhacker hypnotist Amit Bandiani who gives a fantastic presentation with coinvexed, using it as a lead into a hypnotic induction. David also covers other ideas, such as a one coin bend.

The gimmicks: The gimmicks are extremely well made, and will last a definite lifetime, they are literally bombproof. Now most of you know what the gimmicks are, but they hardly take up any pocketspace, and the sharpie half of the gimmick fits on a regular sharpie which can be used for signing.

Some work is needed to camoflage the gimmick, and it could take seconds to minutes, depending on what country you live in. It would help if your country has magnetic coins, but these aren't necessary and any currency can be used.

The bend: This is probably the best part of the gimmicks. I found I could bend an Australian 10c coin ( similar to a UK 10 p) in about 1.5-2 seconds, and this bend is done in a moment of misdirection where there is NO HEAT on the performer. The rest is simply presentation.

I haven't had problems with the coin "slipping", and the bender seems to be able to bend coins easily. Obviously some hand strength is needed, and david gives tips on how to build up hand strength , as well as the correct technique.

Conclusion: This is a fantastic product and I carry it wherever I go now. I have had amazing reactions with it from doing it completely surrounded, it is simply amazing.

Highly recommended!

P.S I have no affiliation with WMS, I am simply a very satisfied customer.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1223 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2013-04-28 07:37, Fatgumbo wrote:
...they are literally bombproof.

...some work is needed to camoflage the gimmick,

what type of bomb did you use to test?

what kind of camouflage? do you mean physically on the gimmick or as a performer? (without giving too much away)
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Quote:
On 2013-04-28 10:31, Olympic Adam wrote:
Quote:
...they are literally bombproof.

...some work is needed to camoflage the gimmick,

what type of bomb did you use to test?

what kind of camouflage? do you mean physically on the gimmick or as a performer? (without giving too much away)

Hi adam,

I used a water-bomb to test the durability of the gimmicks. Following the initial impact, a cursory glance revealed no signs of rusting, and the gimmicks were not warped or deformed despite the intense pressure of the explosion.

There are no clothing restrictions for the performer, all you need are pockets.

I don't think I am giving too much away when I say that all you need are a few coins , to disguise the gimmick.

As a added note, if one prefers, the gimmick needs not to be camouflaged, and can be easily concealed in the hand in a palm and bent the same way.

I cannot compare to quantum bender, but if you want a real world, practical coin bender with no restrictions, I can't recommend this enough.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1223 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Thanks, sounds durable,

my only hesitation in buying v3 is that when v4 comes out I am out of date, and all my old apps wont work on it
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
I don't think v4 will be out for a while, looks like David is extremely happy with v3 , and since v3 was an improvement on v2, and v2 was a different gimmick design to the original coinvexed, the gimmick shouldn't change anytime soon.

But then again, if you always wait for the latest model, you'll never get what you want!

On a side note, quantum bender 3.0 is coming out soon!
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Quote:
Hi guys, I received coinvexed 3 a while ago and here are my thoughts on it:

Initial impression: This bender is fantastic and everything I hoped it would be! Now I don't own any other top-end coin benders so I cannot give a comparison, but I don't see how this gimmick could be improved on much. The gimmick is camoflaged in a very sneaky way, and the built in misdirection means there is NO HEAT when the bend is being performed.

The DVD: The DVD is very well shot, and includes David's standard 2-coin bend routine, and it also includes presentation ideas from marc lavelle, and headhacker hypnotist Amit Bandiani who gives a fantastic presentation with coinvexed, using it as a lead into a hypnotic induction. David also covers other ideas, such as a one coin bend.

The gimmicks: The gimmicks are extremely well made, and will last a definite lifetime, they are literally bombproof. Now most of you know what the gimmicks are, but they hardly take up any pocketspace, and the sharpie half of the gimmick fits on a regular sharpie which can be used for signing.

Some work is needed to camoflage the gimmick, and it could take seconds to minutes, depending on what country you live in. It would help if your country has magnetic coins, but these aren't necessary and any currency can be used.

The bend: This is probably the best part of the gimmicks. I found I could bend an Australian 10c coin ( similar to a UK 10 p) in about 1.5-2 seconds, and this bend is done in a moment of misdirection where there is NO HEAT on the performer. The rest is simply presentation.

I haven't had problems with the coin "slipping", and the bender seems to be able to bend coins easily. Obviously some hand strength is needed, and david gives tips on how to build up hand strength , as well as the correct technique.

Conclusion: This is a fantastic product and I carry it wherever I go now. I have had amazing reactions with it from doing it completely surrounded, it is simply amazing.
money magic items
Highly recommended!

P.S I have no affiliation with WMS, I am simply a very satisfied customer.

Certainly appreciate your post, I wanted to know if it would work with Aussie coins. So many money magic products just do not work with our currency.
Looks like one I need to purchase shortly.
BTW would it be possible with a 20c coin as well?
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
301 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
Certainly appreciate your post, I wanted to know if it would work with Aussie coins. So many money magic products just do not work with our currency.
Looks like one I need to purchase shortly.
BTW would it be possible with a 20c coin as well?
[/quote]

Hi burf,

I too understand the pain us aussies go through.

I just tried the bend out on a 20 c coin. It was difficult and to be honest, I struggled with it. I managed to get a slight curve in the, however it is minuscule to the 10c coin bend. It is possible, but would require some serious hand muscle.

It took me a good 8-10 seconds to put a slight bend into the 20c coin, whilst I can put a much more solid and " U " curved bend into a 10c coin in a fraction of the time.

I can do 10 cents in 1.5 seconds, and 5 cents bend like butter.

In my routine I have the 10c bent, and I think it is the perfect coin to bend, the spectator also doesn't end up losing any more money then they have to.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

Regards!
Burf
View Profile
Regular user
Adelaide, South Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Burf
Quote:
On 2013-05-06 09:42, Fatgumbo wrote:

Hi burf,

I too understand the pain us aussies go through.

I just tried the bend out on a 20 c coin. It was difficult and to be honest, I struggled with it. I managed to get a slight curve in the, however it is minuscule to the 10c coin bend. It is possible, but would require some serious hand muscle.

It took me a good 8-10 seconds to put a slight bend into the 20c coin, whilst I can put a much more solid and " U " curved bend into a 10c coin in a fraction of the time.

I can do 10 cents in 1.5 seconds, and 5 cents bend like butter.

In my routine I have the 10c bent, and I think it is the perfect coin to bend, the spectator also doesn't end up losing any more money then they have to.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.

Regards!

Cheers - I have an order in place and look forward to receiving it.
I agree 10c would seem the logical choice
sgiandubh
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of sgiandubh
Quote:
On 2013-03-23 11:17, MarcLavelle wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-15 14:56, sgiandubh wrote:
Coinvexed 3 with brown gimmick ? for UK users save your money and stick with the Silver gimmick. I upgraded at Blackpool and wish I hadn't, the cap improvement is nice albeit you don't need it for the effect. The brown gimmick sucks on UK coins so stick with the silver gimmick save your money and enjoy! I have now purchased some original silver gimmicks and could not be happier with them. I have used coinvexed for many years and it is one of my favourite effects but c'mon WMS be straight when you bring out these improvements when I asked about the differences at Blackpool there was no mention of the change to accomodate US and European coins which means it sucks with UK coins (you might get away with 50 pence coins). The bend is more of an angle than curve and coins slip, not good. I have raised it with WMS and the response pretty poor... (oh yeah I was offered a swap back to an old gimmick so £95 well spent) Well on the bright side it has highlighted how good another magic dealer down in Ashford Kent is...thank you Peter.
Quote:
On 2013-03-16 10:39, sgiandubh wrote:
As I stated in my original post Coinvexed is a brilliant effect I love it and continue to carry it with me at all times. My problem is the change from silver gimmick to brown one is not good for UK users and this was never mentioned. Get yourself a silver gimmick and you will see the difference in the actual bend which is far superior and it will never slip. As for customer service from WMS let's just say they will no longer be getting my business, yes I know it won't make much difference to them but we all have choice and mine is to conduct business with a company that actually cares about its customers and not one that just takes the money!

Hello, did we speak via email? The Brown Gimmick was introduced over four years ago as the 'Euro' Version of Coinvexed 2, in response to demand for the ability to bend a wider variety of coins. CV3's improvement is on the cap, we all also had the gimmick out ready for people to try and play with at Blackpool! The bend is just as good (in my opinion, but I DO use this at least once every other day) and I also believe the optical bends are more visual with this type of bend. Like I said, It took me a few days to get used to the newer gimmick, when I bought CV2, just because I had used the original for so long.

I am not sure what I said via email for you to think that low of me! And like you said, we offered to change it to your proffered one! You never said you wanted a refund?

We do care about our customer, and always will.

Regards

Marc

Quote:
On 2013-03-16 13:40, magicinsight wrote:
I just finished watching the DVD. I was very impressed with two of the additional routines. A routien dealing with a person's fears is excellent and another routine involving hypnosis was superb. The hypnosis routine was done on another magician in the studio as well as a live performance. The magician appeared visibly emotional during and after the routine. He was not faking one bit. It is heavy stuff and would leave a very strong emotional impact on your spectator. This rouine should be done only if you have knowledge about hypnosis or experience. The routine about someone's fears can be done by anyone and would also leave a very strong and positive emotional feeling in your specattor if doen correctly.

I am glad you like my Phobia presentation!

That was also me that Amit performed on in the studio. Highly irritated by that, as many other hypnotists have tried and failed with me! Was a good experience though!

Quote:
On 2013-03-22 16:52, saysold1 wrote:
Great review - although the idea of having to spin around to get cover to do the work wouldn't be idea.

With my QB2, coins bend like melted butter in about .5 sec

Once you are used to it, CV is the same, it takes no time at all and can be done right in front of the spec's. As with any magic effect, it just takes a little performance practice. You will get very confident, very quickly with it!

For UK users: I prefer bending 50p and 20p coins, the straight edges cause it to have a really nice bend in it!

If anyone needs any help or pointer, please feel free to drop me a PM, I usually pop on here 2 or 3 times a week though!

Marc yes I did email you with some pictures of the coins which CV3 managed to mangle response from you on scale of one to ten about three hence why I do not believe WMS care about customer service, of course on this forum you will say you do but the proof of the pudding is in actions not words. You did offer a swap to a second hand silver gimmick but you seem to miss the point I had just paid £95 for a new one! Good customer service would have been " we have a second hand silver gimmick its on its way to you free of charge whilst we look at the issues with coinvexed 3" There are plenty of other members who are having the same problem with CV3 so why bury your heads in the sand? How about a comment from David Penn ? why not be up front and state you know what the brown gimmick is not as good on UK coins as the silver because we made the jaws too wide ?Hence why you have to use coins with straight sides, why not sell both ? silver for thinner coins brown for thicker coins ? its not rocket science! As stated I now have the original silver gimmick once more and as an effect I love coinvexed. what I don't like is being taken for a ride. We all work hard for our money and when we spend it on magic products we expect a decent service in return.

regards

David
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1335 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Perhaps I'm missing something but once set up, the gimmick is invisible. I have a 50p glued at the front, a dull penny in the middle and a dull 2p at the back and you cant see any brown at all. Not sure about bend difference but optical bends definitely work better with the kind of bend cv3 puts in. in my opinion the type of bend is irrelevent in spectators eyes. I've used marc's phobia routine and whilst I have had reservations about coin bending, this gets best reactions and no ones come close to catching anything. Its well worth the money I think.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1335 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
Btw, I've been bending 2p, 1p and 10p amd have had no problems with my gimmick. Perhaps because I'm not used to using the old one. This is my first cv experience.
dedikc
View Profile
Loyal user
France (Lyon)
256 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Calix & Chakkan, the french Magic Magazine called : the Magigazine; just review some products.
Here you can find:
- Coinvexed 3 par David Penn
- Electric Touch + par Yigal Mesika
- Fourseen Wallet par Matthew Wright
- Anthologie de Luke Jermay (a book with lot of Jermay Stuff... translate in french)

If you don't speak french, don't worry, we just subtitles this episod.
Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00z5gD2PlWE
Calix: french Lyon magician
https://www.facebook.com/calix.magicien.lyon
http://www.evenementmagique.fr
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
Now there are upgrades available:

http://www.worldmagicshop.com/Coinvexed_......3cap.htm

http://www.worldmagicshop.com/Coinvexed_......coin.htm

If I have CV1 + CV2 upgrade, any clues which upgrade I would need?
jovialrhino
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jovialrhino
Ok just like to say I’m a first time caller so I’m very nervous, my point is…. £90 for this effect at first glance may seem a little high, but it’s a great effect and is so well made it will last a life time. I was talking to a friend and he told me he went out for a night out “around town” and spent £130, all he had to show was a hangover. All I know is ill be performing coin bends with this effect for years to come and getting great reactions…..Money well spent I would say. Well that’s the first post nerves over , with Happy days
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Good post jovialrhino.

Coinvexed is excellent, you won't be disappointed.

When you have done this hundreds of times ,and amazed hundreds of people,and look back the cost is insignificant.

Keep up the posts.

Chappelly
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
1425 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Hi,
Will this bend the newer UK coins?
10p, 2p, 1p etc

Looking at this or QB 3

Thanks
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I have CV2 still don't fully understand what the upgrade was. Wish they had a similar deal like Losanders Tables. Where you can upgrade your current verison.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I have purchased Coinvexed third from someone (at 80 euros) in order to try it and see if I'm happy enough with it. Otherwise I would think selling it to purchase, maybe, QB 3.0. And now, I'm pretty sure I will be selling Coinvexed Third. Why ? The main reason is that it can't bend at all !

It can't bend 10 and 20 cts in euros. And although I succeeded in bending a 2cts euro coin, it was VERY difficult, took me a lot of time and almost slipped off as the coin was so small, and, finally, it left two visible marks on the 2 cts euro. I don't think I can do it in front of people. For such a high price, it's a shame it can't bend those coins. I'm hoping someone here has tried to bend euro coins and he will be telling me I'm wrong, but I think I'm not. Really, sometimes, I feel it's the gimmick that is being damaged, not the coin I'm trying to bend.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5280 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Mh1001,

It's not that hard. Really. I think you might not be using the bender correctly. Or perhaps you don’t have the necessary hand strength, based on your comment in another thread as follows:

Quote:
If I want to buy a coin bender, two features are the most important :

1. How easy is it to bend. Although I'm a guy, I can tell you without exaggeration that my physical strength is of the level of a girl. I don't have strength at all !
2. How easy is it to conceal.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed - Third Generation (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL