The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed - Third Generation (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Inner circle
Changing the world with my
1278 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 13:29, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 11:21, Jordanogrady wrote:
Suppose that doesn't make it exclusive to here tho.

David was forced to mention it on his Facebook feed because I was about to break the story here.

I like to bring exclusive news to the Café. There's a list as long as my arm of things I've brought here, from Sankey's new online venture (and tattoo!) and Matt Wright's new wallet to the WPR 'debacle' and Mark Leveridge's hold-out being four good examples.

If people like Andrew Zuber (who I believe is jealous of my journalisitc flair) don't want me to bring this type of content to the Café then I'll just share it with a close group of friends in future.

J

Thank you Jamie, the Café would be a boring place without your contribution.

Like a village without its idiot.
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 13:29, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 11:21, Jordanogrady wrote:
Suppose that doesn't make it exclusive to here tho.

David was forced to mention it on his Facebook feed because I was about to break the story here.

I like to bring exclusive news to the Café. There's a list as long as my arm of things I've brought here, from Sankey's new online venture (and tattoo!) and Matt Wright's new wallet to the WPR 'debacle' and Mark Leveridge's hold-out being four good examples.

If people like Andrew Zuber (who I believe is jealous of my journalisitc flair) don't want me to bring this type of content to the Café then I'll just share it with a close group of friends in future.

J

What I like best about Jamie Ferguson is how humble and grounded in reality he is.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Since the beginning of the year I have felt like something was missing from my life. Three weeks later I know what it is.....You guys!

Now that you've both responded to one of my posts I feel whole again.

One question FrenchDrop, where's your blue laughing smilie gone? Without it you seem naked.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
OliOliOli
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of OliOliOli
If there's a new bender in town, you can count on Jamie knowing first...
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 17:10, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
One question FrenchDrop, where's your blue laughing smilie gone? Without it you seem naked.

I've asked you to stop picturing me naked, Jamie.
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3889 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 18:02, FrenchDrop wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 17:10, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

I've asked you to stop picturing me naked, Jamie.

But that's how we all get our kicks, Mr. Drop.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2680 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 02:51, Sean Giles wrote:
Sounds like an inside out QB2. Could be good, especially as QB2 is no longer available.

best,
Sean

Oh I'm sure John Sheets has a few laying around that he'd sell ya! But I'd just wait for his newest version. He's currently in a moving transition, but should be back on track soon.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Quote:
On 2013-01-20 21:09, paisa23 wrote:
Nothing about price states side? So I can get my piggy bank?

?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 19:25, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 02:51, Sean Giles wrote:
Sounds like an inside out QB2. Could be good, especially as QB2 is no longer available.

best,
Sean

Oh I'm sure John Sheets has a few laying around that he'd sell ya! But I'd just wait for his newest version. He's currently in a moving transition, but should be back on track soon.

That's more like it lunatik Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2680 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I....couldn't....resist!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Like most, not sure why this upgrade is needed?
during the handling, you don't put the cap on the non-nib end anyway, you hold it in your hand whilst they sign.

My only comment on the current v2 cap, is that without the 'handle' part, it does not look like a cap.
Adding that would be better than being able to fit it onto the non-nib end.
bonesly
View Profile
Regular user
London
158 Posts

Profile of bonesly
[/quote]

On 2013-01-21 14:48, Jordanogrady wrote:

Coinvexed one uses 2 hands of spare change.
Coinvexed 2 uses a pen and one hand of spare change

I reckon Coinvexed 3 uses 2 pens and no change. Which is a the next logical step in the evolution of this method.
bonesly
View Profile
Regular user
London
158 Posts

Profile of bonesly
After years of working with both the QB2 and the CV2 my preference is the QB2. I use it to bend 1p, 5p or 20p coins with no problem. 10p's require a little more force so I tend to not bend these.

But after years of performing the coin-bend both signed and un-signed I'm starting to think that all this signing of coins is unnecessary. Lay people still react to the effect the same way.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
The trailer is really subpar as it only shows the reactions of the spectators which I get anyway. I think QB2 is the way to go.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-01-28 14:05, bonesly wrote:
Quote:

On 2013-01-21 14:48, Jordanogrady wrote:

Coinvexed one uses 2 hands of spare change.
Coinvexed 2 uses a pen and one hand of spare change

I reckon Coinvexed 3 uses 2 pens and no change. Which is a the next logical step in the evolution of this method.

Are you being sarcastic? Why would you be holding two sharpies?
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4816 Posts

Profile of gdw
I never liked the "hand full of change" aspect. It SOUNDS like a good idea for camouflaging the gimmick, but in reality it's just an odd thing to have in your hand when you take back their coin. Why would you bring that hand, with a pile of change, back to handle the coin which will be bent? Why wouldn't you just pocket the change?

If you DO "pocket" the change, just to palm it back out, hidden, then why camouflage the gimmick like that at all?

The sharpie makes more sense that you might sill be holding it, but handful of change, no so much.

I could see this making sense if it were something that came out before QB, but I think it is obsolete when one looks at QB. Though I think the gimmicking of a cap could be progress, but not if it's used in conjunction with another gimmick in a handful of change.

That brings up the other big selling point of QB, it is self contained. Not two separate pieces. Although it sounds like the Coinvexed Sharpie can be used to actually writ with, which is a bit of a plus over QB's Sharpie.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Vincent V.
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of Vincent V.
Can this one bend 50 cent euros?
The other euro coins break when bending them.

If this one is upgraded so it can bend heavy metals like a 50 cent euro, I am interested.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10457 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I don't know - it's hard to imagine this being a drastic improvement over the QB2.

QB3 by John Sheets is in the works and due soon - to me that would be the ticket to ride.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2348 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2013-02-19 10:19, saysold1 wrote:
I don't know - it's hard to imagine this being a drastic improvement over the QB2.

QB3 by John Sheets is in the works and due soon - to me that would be the ticket to ride.

That's a big 10/4
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10457 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I guess the debates over which bender is best will always keep raging.

David Penn comes up with some cool stuff so I wish him good luck with this release, but as the old Taryton smoking ad goes - "I would rather fight than switch"
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed - Third Generation (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL