The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed - Third Generation (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Thanks for your reply.
Not sure what you mean by "using the bender correctly". According to the DVD, there is nothing special. You hold the two pieces of the gimmick, and apply strength, when people are not looking directly at your hands. There's just one way to hold the gimmicks. So I don't know why it won't work. Or maybe it's euro coins that are so solid.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5293 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2016, mh1001 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.
Not sure what you mean by "using the bender correctly". According to the DVD, there is nothing special. You hold the two pieces of the gimmick, and apply strength, when people are not looking directly at your hands. There's just one way to hold the gimmicks. So I don't know why it won't work. Or maybe it's euro coins that are so solid.

That's not correct at all. If you watched the DVD you saw David explain very clearly about how to hold the gimmick. I'll send you a PM.

Jim
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
With the ongoing discussion about Hercules Coin Bender in another thread, that gave me the motivation to try, practice a lot with my QB3. I bent a LOT of 10 and 20 euro cts these 4 last days. I saw some improvements in my ability to bend 10 and 20 euro cts. So, today, I wanted to test my CV3, since it's been a while I haven't used it. Here's a picture :

http://www.virtualmagie.com/ubbthreads/u......0111.jpg

It took me between 1 and 1.5 seconds. And it was easy. I do not appear as if I was struggling anymore. Don't know why, but to me, it looks like the bend with CV3 has a better look (and better curve) than what is usually done with my QB3.

By the way, I think one of the reason now I am much better than before, when using CV3, could be due to practice but also method. I found that if I use the cap to hold the coin into place, and apply pressure using only the other hand that's holding the other piece of gimmick, the bend happens really easier. I don't remember David Penn recommended to use the gimmick like this but I don't care, since it works much better this way, for me.

I thought that QB was more powerful than CV due to the fact it could bend 10 cts, which wasn't possible with CV. I think now method is more important than what I used to believe. Perhaps in a near future, I will even find a method that will also make bending even easier with my QB. I still prefer my QB, as it's more comfortable to handle, being a one-piece gimmick, unlike CV.
lesliemusalo
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lesliemusalo
Hi Guys,
here a few toughts and 1 question.

What can it bend in Europe:
EUR-Coins:
5 cent coins: bents like butter, but due to the material (copper) and the thickness/thinness it produces marks easily.
10 cent coins: easily, but for me I don't like, that the coins are so small
20 cent: for me the perfect coin. not to easy to bend, but nice size.
50 cent: You need power, but absolutely ok for me.
For the 2 coin routine I will use 20 cent for the first bend and 50 cent for the second probably.
1 Eur and 2 EUR coins: they fall apart!

As the marks bothered me a little I unsharpened the edges of the c** with a file. Now it's fine.

Thx for the great tip in this thread (sorry I don't now exactly where) on turning the gimmick upside down if You have problems of slipping out coins (espacially I had problems with smaller coins(10 cent/20cent!!!

Now to my question:
Usually if I use a pen for signing something (before I had CV) I allways put the cap on the end of the pen, so I had hands free, I could ask the spectator later to close it (maybe even vor misdirection purpose)
Now: DO You work with two c**s and sw**ch in and out for other tricks with writing?
Do You ever hand out the pen with the CV c** on the end during other tricks? (probably never ever???!!!)
Sometimes I take the pen back 10 minutes later or at the end of a set when I wrap up or for misdirection.
Now I see myself with the problem either letting the spec. hold an open pen for a longer time of I have always the "handle the c** problem"
The CV 3.0 Version now can but put on the and of the pen, but for what situations is this really usefull, if you don't hand it out?

Maybe I think far too complicated...I hope I make myself clear, though!
Magical greetings from Germany
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2017, lesliemusalo wrote:
50 cent: You need power, but absolutely ok for me.

The 50 euro cent doesn't fit the cap gimmick. That coin cannot be inserted. How could you say you can bend it ?
lesliemusalo
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lesliemusalo
I have to update on EUR-Coins, after I played around with it again:
20 CENTS ARE HARD
AND 50 VERY HARD.
Why should I pain myself so much...
I'll probably stick with 5 CENT and 10 CENT even with a little mark and smaller coins..
THey are easy!
lesliemusalo
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lesliemusalo
@mh1001
In my gimmick 50 EUR-CENT fit perfect...??!!
maybe they have tolerances in production...hopefully not.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Well, I have tried many 50 cts and all of them were too thick. No way I can slide the coin in the sl*t. Anyway, I prefer the old version, where you have two coin gimmicks. First, because I feel this tool gives more strength for bending coins and is wide enough to accommodate 50 euro cts, and furthermore, it resolves the problem you pointed out, which also was one of my problem. The best way to resolve this issue is to execute Penn's two coin bend routine. If you don't, then, indeed, as people signed the coin, it's only natural they will look for the cap or expect you to give back the cap to them, which of course you can't do.

The only advantage of the newest versions versus the first one is economy of space (or pocket space), as you can replace a real sharpie c*p by that gimmick. But I think I much prefer the old version.
lesliemusalo
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of lesliemusalo
Ouch, my Hand hurts!
The c** is so sharp!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Coinvexed - Third Generation (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL