The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New iPhone/iPod app: PhotoPrediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Hi everybody!

My name is Gui Del Frate, I'm from Brazil and I'm very excited to introduce to you a new and powerful tool for mentalism.

I always wanted to create a magic trick to iPhone that don't look involve any app, and the result of this development is called PhotoPrediction.

Effect: you ask your spectator to name a card from the deck. He says "4 of clubs." Immediately you get your iPhone, unlock and the last photo taken with your cell phone is exactly the 4 of clubs!
With PhotoPrediction you can predict any card in the deck, or any number from 1 to 120, without voice recognition, no forces, no camera recognition or assistants. Completely impromptu, anytime and anywhere. Best of all: the magic ends with your photo album REALLY opened and the prediction is REALLY the last picture taken. You end completely clean, with nothing to hide and with your device in the spectator's hand.

Think of the thousands of ways that you can perform it. The trick is 100% customizable, and PhotoPrediction comes with everything you need to learn and practice the effect, including a detailed explanation of how it works, a section of tips and a training mode. The application is available in english and portuguese, but works on iPhones and iPod Touches in any language, including the new iPhone 5.

The PhotoPrediction was entirely thought to offer a clean and awesome effect. Simple, easy to perform and impossible: for sure will make your reputation.

Facts list:
- Diabolical method: the effect looks not use any app
- Up to 120 outs!
- Totally clean, and you end up with nothing to hide or close
- Easy to learn and play, with detailed explanations and ideas to stimulate your creativity
- You can give your gadget to the spectator open the photo album. More clean impossible!
- Easy setup, what you do once and the trick is ready forever!
- Easy customization: you can create several different presets for several situations
- Training mode to facilitate understanding of the method
- No voice recognition
- No wireless comunication
- No forces
- Compatible with all iPhones and newer iPods Touch (iOS 5 or higher)
- 100% compatible with the new 4 inches gadgets: iPhone 5 and new iPod Touch.
- It looks like a real magic! Nobody will suspicious of anything!
- Application camouflaged not to be found, and the possibility of passcode protection
- You do not need a deck of cards to perform the effect, only your iPhone/iPod
- App and explanations available in english and portuguese, but the device can be in ANY language and the trick will work properly

If you like it, please rate and support the app!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/photopre......573?mt=8

Thanks!
FredNarlo
View Profile
Loyal user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
282 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
I was hoping to keep this a secret! I have been using this app for the last week and I like it very much. Easy to use and it gets great reactions.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Very well done. Exactly as advertised. Recommended
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
This is a fantastic method. The 120 outs available give endless possibilities.
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
Any future for the iPad?
dtextreme
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of dtextreme
I have downloaded a lot of magic apps, and this one has replaced all of them! I was a bit apprenhensive to get it, but I am glad I did. Like what Mr. Del Frate has mentioned, you can customize presets, up to 120 different outs! The prediction comes in a form a customized photograph in your NORMAL Apple Photos app!

What makes this so great is that the app will transition itself from app mode to non-app mode. What that means is that you can give the phone to a spectator to open up the Apple Photos app, see the prediction--and they can fiddle around after that and NOT FIND anything suspicious! Unlike other apps, spectators can google the app names as much as they want, and they will not find any videos/hints/suspicious things that screams "magic app".

One criticism I have is that choosing and setting up a preset requires a bit of maneuvering and takes at least 5 seconds; whereas the other apps are more straight forward and take around 2-3 seconds to setup. It would be nice if there is a shortcut one can do that can easily select the preset and start the app one the first screen. In addition to that, perfecting the 120 outs require some memorization work, which can be daunting; however, the app does come with a trainer which will make sure your perforamance is flawless!

If you have even a slightest interest in performing magic with your phone, you ABSOLUTELY need this in your arsenal!
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Dtextreme, thanks for the review!

I worked hard to make this app a masterpiece, something that I'd love use. My focus was make a app that really don't look like a app. My spectators never ask me about any apps, that's the idea. I'm working on a update with some improvements , so I'll try to speed up the preset setup.

Jon W, absolutely yes! But first I'm working to spread the first version for iPhones/iPods, collecting some feedback, and then I'll work on the iPad version with the care it deserves.

Cheers,
Gui
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
Awesome app thanks!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Gui, love the app. One suggestion is to make an option for those of us that use SHoCkeD order instead of CHaSeD order. It's so ingrained in my thinking that I have to spend an extra half second translating every time which slows me down just a bit in performance. But I agree with everyone here that it is a fantastic "non-app looking" app. I'm having a blast with it.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
dtextreme
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of dtextreme
I agree with Steven as I too had trouble translating. What I did was make an entire new card present in SHoCkeD order.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Yeah that's good advice. I'll probably end up doing the same thing. Ive actually got a bunch of routines that I'm creating images for now. This is such a good app.

B2B Magazine Test!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Love the concept - but I don't like how you (might) need to change your springboard background. Any chance an update will be made to make the springboard technology more like iForce?
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Steven Keyl and dtextreme,
Good suggestion! In fact, the order (SHoCkeD, CHaSeD, etc) depends on the culture of each country. But I'll work this change, for sure!

jprace,
In PhotoPrediction I looked for a solution to the springboard, and I think that was the most practical way it could have been. Later, Greg and Rand did an excellent job with presenting a different solution for iForce, but I do not intend to violate its creation, unless they allow me to use solution for PhotoPrediction too.

BTW, the solution of PhotoPrediction has the advantage of being a little more user-friendly, and should meet the needs of most magicians. If you do not want to change the background, you can still use your old wallpaper: most people won't see this detail, since you do not call too much attention to the screen.

;)
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
One more suggestion, Gui. With this many outs, one of the best ways to take advantage of them is through a binary system of options. In computer programming, we call them bit masks or bit flags. If you expanded the number of photos from 120 to 128, then it would be possible to easily cover a series of 7 yes/no choices; or, by stacking you might have one yes/no choice and 3 other choices with 4 options each.

Or an 8-way out and 2 4-way outs, etc. Without using a binary system like this it is generally difficult to keep track of all the options without a crib of some kind. I do realize you would have to modify the scrolling method to accommodate the additional numbers so if this is too time-intensive I certainly understand. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

B2B Magazine Test!

Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hello friends,

I have to chime in on this thread.

First, besides my apps, Gui's PhotoPrediction is the ONLY other magic app that I use.

It is, by far, the best photo prediction trick on the app store.

I agree with some of the complaints that others have stated on this thread.
But for a first attempt this is a HOME RUN!

Jeff,

As far as Gui using our method for the springboard scrolling, I'm gonna have to talk to Gui about that. I think we can trade methods for ALL of our benefits.

GREAT JOB,
Greg Rostami
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
BIG THANKS, Greg!

It's awesome know that you liked my PhotoPrediction as I love your iForce!! I hope to continue contributing to the community further enhancing the experience with the PhotoPrediction, just like you do. Thanks!

Steven,

The binary system is a good idea, but it can be more confused for the most people. It can make the "scrolling" process less natural, with many touches. The current method is only a bit more difficult with the minor numbers (up to 10), and tens (10, 20, 30, etc). The most choices are easily selectable!

Thank you all!!

Gui Del Frate
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
One more request, Gui! Can you add an option to disable the pop up reminder to set the springboard to page 1? After the first few dozen performances it's second nature to check that and the pop up becomes more of annoyance than a help. Thanks!

And about the binary system, perhaps I didn't explain myself well. The scrolling would all stay the same except that you would add the ability to scroll from 1 to 128 instead of just 120. So all the swiping is the same. Those extra 8 options would allow the performer to do the necessary math in their head and easily determine which number of the 128 options is to be used. The app doesn't need to do any additional work, other than add 8 extra photos.

B2B Magazine Test!

Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Steven,
about the reminder pop up: it's a good idea, but I do not know if the option to disable it to gain less than 0.5 second worth. There is always the risk of forgetting that detail. What do you think, guys?

The binary system is clearer now! I'll study about the increase the number of outs.

Thanks for all your collaborations! =)
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 15:49, guidelfrate wrote:
Steven,
about the reminder pop up: it's a good idea, but I do not know if the option to disable it to gain less than 0.5 second worth. There is always the risk of forgetting that detail. What do you think, guys?

The binary system is clearer now! I'll study about the increase the number of outs.

Thanks for all your collaborations! =)

I think the app should have an option that goes STRAIGHT into the effect without any other screens.

Greg
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I agree with Greg. It's an excellent idea to have it on as a default, but the performer should be able to go right into the app without any other screens. If the performer disables those screens and then messes up the trick because they forgot, that's their problem.

B2B Magazine Test!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » New iPhone/iPod app: PhotoPrediction (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL