The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Balloon Magic for kids??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Benjamagic
View Profile
Loyal user
41°02′20″N 73°36′49″W
216 Posts

Profile of Benjamagic
I have been wanting to add tricks with balloons into my show for a while now, and I have a few, but I would like to add some more into my repertoire. I already use the classics (needle through balloon, etc) but I wanted some slapstick-style piece. I have experimented with using a 260 with a squeaker, and that has been some fun, but I am looking for more to do (somewhat impromptu) with balloons.
Any ideas??
Thanks.
~Ben
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
There's an effect called "blower" which allows you to inflate a ballon (preferably a 360) with your ear / nose / finger / or in your hands via the kids wiggling their fingers, etc.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Trevor Lewis also mentions a similar device in his books ... worth considering as he located it inside a broken pump so played funny
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Quote:

These look like they would be very entertaining for the little ones.
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:

Magicgeorge;

I think it’s admirable of you to post free informative information on a webpage for other magician’s to use.

Thank You Very Much
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I get ten minutes out of a 260 balloon. Plenty of gags then I end by swallowing the balloon. It is explained in my book: http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Magic-Tricks-......c+Tricks
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
There is a trick called Comedy Card force with balloons. It requires a prop. Michael Ammar has a version that does not require a prop. Basically, a person picks a card and signs it. You blow up three balloons. They pick a balloon and the signed card is in the balloon. It's a little bit funnier than that. I think he sells it online.

Daniel Garcia has an effect called Pop. It is a signed card in a balloon. It's on one of his DVDs.

There is a prop where you can blow up a 260 through a tube, then stick a needle through the tube (and the balloon). I think several manufacturer's make it, but the Tenyo version is great because you can see the sword going through the balloon.

Jeff Hobson has the balloon dog bag. That is a great trick for any kids and adults. That is on his Exposed DVD.
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
I forgot to say ... with the comedy card force tricks, if I'm doing it for kids, I use a blank deck and have them draw a picture of themselves on the card. That way, it's not a playing card (which means very little to a child). It's just a white piece of paper with a picture they drew.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2013-01-21 17:20, Karen Climer wrote:
I forgot to say ... with the comedy card force tricks, if I'm doing it for kids, I use a blank deck and have them draw a picture of themselves on the card. That way, it's not a playing card (which means very little to a child). It's just a white piece of paper with a picture they drew.

Karen;

You don’t even have to spend the money for a blank deck, just cut some 10pt index card stock and it’s just as good

You can even have a fun and colorful design printed on the back of the index card with contact information and let the kids keep the card
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Great stuff, Magic George, thanks!
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
If you know how to break a 260 long balloon in half, you can have a minute or two of fun calling up two kids, talking about how you've got only one balloon to give out. Ask them What to do about that? Get their opinions, then say, "I know", I'll give you a balloon each. But they'll be shorter than usual." Then break the 260, holding half of the inflated balloon in each hand, balloon upright. Offer one half to one kid, only to let it shoot off as he almost takes the balloon. Do the same for the other kid.
This could be even funnier, played the right way, for adults.
The presentation makes the magic.
montygoodrum
View Profile
New user
Texas
52 Posts

Profile of montygoodrum
Thanks for sharing the link MagicGeorge...great stuff
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 22:21, MagiCol wrote:
If you know how to break a 260 long balloon in half, you can have a minute or two of fun calling up two kids, talking about how you've got only one balloon to give out. Ask them What to do about that? Get their opinions, then say, "I know", I'll give you a balloon each. But they'll be shorter than usual." Then break the 260, holding half of the inflated balloon in each hand, balloon upright. Offer one half to one kid, only to let it shoot off as he almost takes the balloon. Do the same for the other kid.
This could be even funnier, played the right way, for adults.

Don't you run the risk of the child crying because he or she did not get a balloon?
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
When I do a balloon show, it is about having fun and being entertaining using balloons. It is not about everyone getting a balloon. I tell them up front that everyone will not get a balloon. Some of the kids (and parents) will still ask for a balloon after the show, and I say no regardless of how much they are crying. I tell the parent that the client hired me to do a balloon show, not make balloons for each kid. But if they invite me to their birthday party, I will make plenty of balloons for them. I'm sorry if that sounds heartless, but if I'm hired to do line work, I make balloons for everyone. If I'm hired to do a show, I do a show. I have never had a client complain.

Having said that, if I bring a kid up on stage, he leaves with something. Sometimes it's a balloon sculpture. Sometimes it's a balloon bracelet made out of scraps. Sometimes it's something else. But I also give the kid something for coming up to volunteer.
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
Maybe I should have said that most of my shows are not birthday parties. Most of them are libraries, schools, summer camps, etc.

With birthday parties, my most popular package is the show and the balloons. In that case every child gets a balloon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Balloon Magic for kids??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL