The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Copperfield History Paper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Benjamagic
View Profile
Loyal user
41°02′20″N 73°36′49″W
216 Posts

Profile of Benjamagic
Hey all,
For history class, I'm doing a thesis paper on David Copperfield- more specifically, David Copperfield and how he changed the art of magic.
Does anybody have any suggestions of where I can find references? I already have some books on him.
Also, if you know something about him that fits the topic above that I may not find in books/videos/etc... I would love to know!
Thanks so much!
~Ben
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
David knew how to use the media and present magic in a themed way. It was more than just a "trick", puzzle or illusion. They had story lines with heart-felt-tugs. He made fantasies seem to come true.
Dennis Michael
cairo
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of cairo
DC was also the first to portray a magician as a sex symbol and popularized the "big hook" mega trick closer for tv specials.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » David Copperfield History Paper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL