The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Need some Black Rubber Bands, size 33 and 34 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3973 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
A trick I have uses a black rubber band - size 33 or 34, 1/8" wide, 1/32" thick. These are pretty standard sizes. The band is wearing out, and I need a supply.

Finding the size is no problem. FInding them in black is the trouble. I did find a place that could supply, but they require a 200 minimum (I may ask them to have mercy on me!).

If anyone knows of a source, I would appreciate it.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1539 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
I'll keep my eyes peeled for you, Chessmann.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1539 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Chessman,
Try "Bigwig Rubber Bands".
My Ipad doesn't show the URL but you can search for them.
They seem to have a large assortment in black and they say they can send samples.
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1539 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Ihor
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2994 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Can you color a dark blue band with a black marking pen? I haven't tried it, but it might solve the problem.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3973 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Thanks, everyone - and Ihor for the link! I'll look at that today.

I have thought about coloring bands, but didn't have any regular ones to test with! Have to go out and get some!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3973 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Big Wig Bands replied - they sell them in 25 lb. cases only. Asked if they could do a one-off with me, but didn't respond to that. They did refer me, though, to Keener Rubber in Alliance, OH. Got a request off to them.

Also have a request in to Alliance Rubber Co. Their selection is massive, but I didn't see black. You just enter in the size and type, and then your zip code, and the site lists stores in your area that carry them. Hopefully, some nice person will say, "Oh, let's just send him a handful." Smile
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2994 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
One more idea for you: bicycle inner tubes. Go to a bicycle repair shop (or the neighborhood kids) and ask for some inner tubes they are going to throw out, and then cut them into rubber bands. I don't know if you'll get the size you need, though.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3973 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Interesting idea, Jim!

Had someone from Keener Rubber company call back and leave a message with me. Said they thought they could accommodate me. Let you know what happens.

Meantime, I did use a thick, big sharpie on a standard rubber band and it worked quite well. The ink is a bit uneven, but I don't think that is something that will be noticed. So that is definitely an option.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3973 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Just spoke to a VERY nice lady at Keener Rubber. She worked with me and is sending me a quarter-pound of the bands that I need.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Need some Black Rubber Bands, size 33 and 34 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL