The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Paul Brook's NIX4? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 04:50, cougar261084 wrote:
There's a monkey in mind myth magick??? I'll have to reread it.

I dropped the spider monkey from the act for throwing his own "ectoplasm" at my seance guests.

Regarding NIX4, I'm in.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
It's arrived; number 77 has just plummeted through my letter box. Now I just can't wait to read it.

Franklin
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
222 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
As per the other thread, please tell is once you have consumed this tasty morsel!
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

In fear of repeating myself from 'Penny':
Well okay... I've just read the forward by Bob Cassidy, the Introduction and What They (the audience) See. Up to page 49 the Explanation and it reads nothing short of f*****g brilliant.

Anyway I can't read anymore at the moment because I'm also getting ready for a show now, so I'm savouring the rest till I get back.

Also if you want to know how the big picture finishes you will have to get it yourself. All I can say is, "this really is something special".

Franklin
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2705 Posts

Profile of kinesis
It's here, OMG ! #100 How cool!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
222 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
Quote:
On 2013-03-02 06:17, The Paranormalist wrote:

Also if you want to know how the big picture finishes you will have to get it yourself. All I can say is, "this really is something special".

Franklin

Oh do not fear, I for one will see the big picture=)Paul is like a black hole for my money. He says 'here tis' and my money disappears. 7 times in a row so far.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2705 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I have decided to submit a short review of Nix4. I don't really want to because I genuinely hope no-one else in Scotland performs this. I'm writing this review because Paul deserves the recognition for an incredible piece of work.

So what do you get for your money? Well a beautifully produced 226pp hardback book with dust cover. The book is lavishly illustrated with impeccable line drawings by the expert hand of our very own Pill Smith.

The book contains a fully detailed explanation of Paul Brook's working routine NIX4. The book is broken down into the following sections;

Forward (by Bob Cassidy no less!!)
Introduction
NIX4 (How the audience sees it)
Explanation (an overview)
Preparation
The Set Up
The Process
Subtleties (a huge section)
Full Script with Blocking
Parting Words

Paul covers every single aspect of this routine you could ever think of, absolutely everything, yes, everything, no really.

The routine itself is BRILLIANT. It has been incredibly well constructed, it has natural fluidity. The actual routine is very strong, with multiple moments of amazement and a fantastic finish that will bring the house down.

I love everything about this routine. It is a masterpiece and Paul should be very proud of his work.

Gladly, this is a limited addition because I fully intend to use this, this is a show closer.

Thank you Paul.

FACEBOOK
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2705 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2013-03-02 14:48, kinesis wrote:

The book is lavishly illustrated with impeccable line drawings by the expert hand of our very own Pill Smith.

Sorry about the typo, that should read Phill Smith obviously.

FACEBOOK
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
690 Posts

I couldn't agree more, it's ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. Worth every penny.

Thanks Paul.
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Isper
Can this be performed in languages other than English, or is it heavily English specific or dependent?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-03-03 01:01, Isper wrote:
Can this be performed in languages other than English, or is it heavily English specific or dependent?

I don't see any reason that it couldn't be done in any language.
cougar261084
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of cougar261084
Curious to see what number I get
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3677 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Thanks for your input Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Isper
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of Isper
Thank you for the language information. Looks like I'll be taking the plunge.
CarlZen
View Profile
Special user
752 Posts

Profile of CarlZen
It will even work in Swahili .
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1617 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
I was excited to have this pressed into my hand by the postman this morning, then I remembered I read it months ago Smile

Phill
-+: https://www.mythologycodex.com :+-

A collection of incredible jaw-dropping mentalism, now available.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2528 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Took the plunge....
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
353 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Just waiting for this one to sneak across the pond to me.
John Locke
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
50 Posts

Profile of John Locke
I received my copy of NIX4 in Canada this afternoon. It is highly readable and describes the effect in 201 pages. This is one effect (rather than four) and it is better proofread than some of Paul's publications.

The effect described includes some four effects which are nicely sequenced or woven together and they are said to comprise a 20 minute routine.

There are several short chapters at the end of the book dealing with some alternative approaches and/or dealing with participant management.

Although I will have to refresh my knowledge of what the equivalents of C5, A3 and A4 stationary in North America amount to, this is a valuable course on presenting a fascinating routine as well as constructing the materials required.

John McLachlan
tmoca
View Profile
Inner circle
1113 Posts

Profile of tmoca
NIX4...happy number "69"...hahah...arrived safely in my mailbox today. I am in the states. I have yet to start reading, but a quick flip through shows that it is written and formatted in typical "Paul Brook Style"

Can't wait to get into it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Paul Brook's NIX4? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL