The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Small but Deadly book by Paul Hallas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
I recently purchased this book directly from Paul Hallas and would like to say if you are at all into packet tricks, you need this book.
The book is best read like a novel, start at the beginning which covers Deland's effects and read it through.
It will have you digging out them long lost little packets you put in your drawers and forgot about.
Paul inscribed my book with the statement "It will be a trip down memory lane" and he is correct.
The book is highly recommendad and paul tells me it will soon be available again at H&R Books
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Amazing Samdini
View Profile
New user
Playa Vista CA
66 Posts

Profile of Amazing Samdini
It's a terrific reference book. I only wish it had an index of all the books and tricks referenced. I have been taking notes on the books mentioned as I go through it. One disappointing note: the binding has come loose and I've only had it a few months.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2003-11-14 14:58, Amazing Samdini wrote:
It's a terrific reference book. I only wish it had an index of all the books and tricks referenced. I have been taking notes on the books mentioned as I go through it. One disappointing note: the binding has come loose and I've only had it a few months.

Hi,
Binding come loose? That is unusual. You should have got in touch. Did you buy this from me? I don't recall the name here but you would have ordered under your real name.
Message me with your name and address,describe the copy you have and when/where you bought it,and I will send you a replacement.

Best wishes,
Paul.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2003-11-16 11:08, Paul wrote:
Quote:
On 2003-11-14 14:58, Amazing Samdini wrote:

Hi,
Binding come loose? That is unusual. You should have got in touch. Did you buy this from me? I don't recall the name here but you would have ordered under your real name.
Message me with your name and address,describe the copy you have and when/where you bought it,and I will send you a replacement.

Best wishes,
Paul.

Now THAT'S a class act!!. Way to go Paul.

Mike

P.S. What do you sell this book for (US $) and how can it be purchased by a bloke in the colonies?
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Mike,
Believe it,Paul Hallas is a CLASS act. I just purchased the book directly from him for $45.00 ( worth every penny ) He did mention it would be available at H&R Books though.I purchased from Paul through a friend of Paul's back east and a very smooth transaction.As well as Paul autographed it for me as he was visiting there.
If you are into packet tricks you have to have this book.
Rennie
Eddy
View Profile
Special user
Manchester
582 Posts

Profile of Eddy
I have it and am not too keen on it
La magie, c'est ma vie
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Eddy,
Why is it you do not like the book ? Just curious I do realize not everyone likes the same things.
I feel the reason I llke it is because I have so many packet tricks and reading the book gives you history and variations.
If you are not into packet tricks you probably would not like this book as well, it is still very interesting reading though.
Would love to hear other comments on the book.My only negative is the size, would have preferred a smaller size book, but still love it.
Rennie
Amazing Samdini
View Profile
New user
Playa Vista CA
66 Posts

Profile of Amazing Samdini
I couldn't agree more, Rennie. Paul is a class act! I received my replacement copy from Paul yesterday at no cost. Thank You, Paul!

Small But Deadly is one of the most entertaining reads I've had in awhile. I couldn't put it down. Not only is it a great reference book on packet tricks, Paul has included several tricks: U Can't Do As I Do, Paul's version of Homing Card, a neat Universal Card routine, Peter Duffie's Clone Zone, a version of Oil & Water, and even a trick about (gasp) a vampire!

It's a great book. Job well-done, Paul. Highly recommended!

Sam
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Sam,
Glad to hear from another Paul Hallas fan.I also noticed with the book once you start reading it you cannot put it down, just like a novel.
I wish Eddy would respond because the book is so good and interesting that I guess I cannot imagine anyone not liking it.One other thing that is in my favor, Paul mentions several reference books and the nice thing is I have most of them.SUPER book
Rennie
craigtmccabe
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of craigtmccabe
Hallas's "Small But Deadly" is a cracking read if you're at all interested in magic (in particular, card magic and packet tricks). The book takes you on a pleasant journey from the early pioneers of packet tricks to the more-modern approach to card magic. Recommended.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Small but Deadly book by Paul Hallas (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL