The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Brand New Billet Box Design: "THE WHITE BOX" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
I received this and it completely lives up to expectations. First it very well made and seems incredibly fair. The box is awesome---it does not look "magicy". Allows you to really do some amazing things and focus on presentation. Eric, thank you!
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Well, I just picked this up and I have to say that I could not be any happier! Not only was Eric a great guy to deal with (when shipping was less than he expected, he refunded the difference - on his own, nothing was asked - he is just that honest!), but the box itself far surpassed my expectations.

The thing is functional art.

It is easy to use, deceptive (I must have spent five minutes peering down into the box through the slit at the top and the white on white really interferes with your depth perception), and thoroughly professional. This thing is truly beautiful.

I've since read the manual that Eric created and sent along with it - and that made me frown. Why? Because it is packed with so much good information, that I now am in doubt as to whether I will use it as I had planned. His routining with this is so far ahead of what I had intended (my ideas were humdrum in comparison), that I realized that I am really going to have to sit back and give this some serious thought before using it.

He has an idea regarding using this as part of a book test that really appealed to me, but it was his Q and A approach with this set me to thinking about the way that I will now probably use this and - let me tell you - there will be NO doubts that I can read minds.

There was nothing about this transaction that made me wish that something was slightly different. There was no minor detail that I decided that I'd just have to live with, there was no issue with service or any of those millions of little things that can go wrong. This thing was just perfect!

I can't recommend it enough - especially if you work on stage. Top marks!

Best,

Atlas
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I had the opportunity to examine this and was amazed at how simple and practical it is. Eric has done something really impressive with this release and I have a suspicion we will see more like it from him in the future.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Mikael
View Profile
New user
Bergen, Norway
56 Posts

Profile of Mikael
I received this a few months ago, and after trying it out in a couple of performances I have to say it is probably the best billet box I've seen. First of all, it doesn't look like a typical magicians prop, which I think is importert to the contemporary mentalist. Secondly it is not only easy to use, but also 100% fail safe. I've tried boxes where you can't be completely sure that it will actually work. With the White Box however, you are always safe and sure it will do the work for you. Thanks, Eric!
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Thanks, Guys....appreciate all the feedback!

I've continued to play with minor design tweaks to The White Box over the past couple of months and now have a few options available:

1. A non-glare finish. This box has a textured material that is actually a little stronger, yet lighter. I now make all of the 'special parts' out of this material, regardless of the outside finish.
It is not dry-erase marker friendly, as the standard finish is, but if that's not a feature that you care about, this is a really nice alternative that will not reflect stage lighting.

2. I am now using earth magnets in place of velcro for far quieter access. 'Nuff said.

3. I actually went ahead and produced 1 Black Box, after it was suggested. It is available at a slightly higher cost (The WHite Box is still holding at the $299 + shipping price).

4. I also have two larger White Boxes available for anyone who is planning on working a really big venue. Contact me if you're interested in one of these.

Finally, a note that I will be gone for the better part of the month of July, so if you would like a White Box, the last opportunity to ship (until August) will be July 2.

Cheers!

e
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I echo the sentiments of others...a useful and well designed utility prop. I'd be interested in a smaller version for parlor shows.
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I've had quite a few inquiries about the non-glare version.
Here are some photos.
It is actually slightly lighter, yet made of a stronger ABS plastic construction.

FYI, the combination lock in the images isn't included (it comes with a standard small padlock w/keys) - the combo lock pictured is actually a 'special' lock, as a few people have expressed interest in developing this aspect of the box (the lock) into another phase of their routine and I was playing with some possibilities.

I have 4 of these new versions (non-glare) remaining before I produce another lot.
Because of an increased production cost, the new production run will see an increase to $349 (which I had indicated would occur in a previous post).
However, the remaining few White Boxes will remain at the $299 + shipping price, while they last.

If you're interested, just send me a PM or an email at eric@EricSamuels.com

Here's the new look box:
http://postimg.cc/image/9rbatfcm1/

and a close-up view of the finish
http://postimg.cc/image/eehcv6zyx/

Cheers!

e
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Had a special request for a Black Box version, so I produced two of them.
The handle has yet to be installed on the Black Box.

saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-06-16 10:47, eSamuels wrote:
Thanks, Guys....appreciate all the feedback!

I've continued to play with minor design tweaks to The White Box over the past couple of months and now have a few options available:

1. A non-glare finish. This box has a textured material that is actually a little stronger, yet lighter. I now make all of the 'special parts' out of this material, regardless of the outside finish.
It is not dry-erase marker friendly, as the standard finish is, but if that's not a feature that you care about, this is a really nice alternative that will not reflect stage lighting.

2. I am now using earth magnets in place of velcro for far quieter access. 'Nuff said.

3. I actually went ahead and produced 1 Black Box, after it was suggested. It is available at a slightly higher cost (The WHite Box is still holding at the $299 + shipping price).

4. I also have two larger White Boxes available for anyone who is planning on working a really big venue. Contact me if you're interested in one of these.

Finally, a note that I will be gone for the better part of the month of July, so if you would like a White Box, the last opportunity to ship (until August) will be July 2.

Cheers!

e

How difficult would it be to retro my existing velcro unit and replace with neo please? Gracias - PM please. Love this baby and WILL use it...
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Turns out I have the perfect occasion for using the white box....

Hope it is still available.

Cheers

Todd
oly92
View Profile
New user
Paris (FRANCE)
84 Posts

Profile of oly92
Sent you a pm Eric. Beautiful box!

Olivier
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I own the slightly larger version that Eric produced for larger audiences. This is beautifully made, simple to use and holds unlimited possibilities for different mentalism routines. Eric's routining suggestions are brilliant. His customer service can't be beat and it has always been a pleasure communicating with him. Eric is definitely one of the good guys!

Lou
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3085 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Thanks Lou!
So happy to hear that you are happy with that beast!

And I really do appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and great comments.

After toying with various design tweaks and modifications, I am only producing one 'model' now - the 9" square lucite White Box (smooth exterior finish) with the neo-magnet door.
The price is $349 + shipping.

The White Box has now been run through it's paces by performers all over the world and I've heard some great stories from small rooms to cruise ships and large theatres.

Another routine that's been a cornerstone of my corporate shows has also been getting the run-through by a handful of other performers this past year......
and I'm excited to finally announce that "Thought-Slicing" will be officially released at Mindvention! Smile
Thought-Slicing is a two-phase puzzle routine for stage, that uses no change bags, switches, etc. and is built upon a legitimate demonstration of Intuition.
Thought-Slicing offers the added feature of displaying your personal logo on stage (on the backside of the 3' X 2' oval puzzle), adding a marketing/branding element to your show.

More info to come!

And thanks again for all the wonderful support!

e
Some_Magical_Idiot
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Some_Magical_Idiot
I know this is an old thread, but I have one of these boxes that is not being used. If anyone has any desire to own one please PM me. Thx!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Brand New Billet Box Design: "THE WHITE BOX" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL