We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Other hobbies (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 16:54, Darren James wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 16:05, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Martial Arts, Acting, Movies and rapping. Smile


Rapping, really? I mean that in an exited way. I love hip hop (I'm very picking on what I listen to mind you) my passion for musical style is full out metal and blues but enjoy various hip hop artists for what they have to say and talent.

Darren


Yup, I even had a Rap Group when I was studying Audio Engineering back in my University days... I have a BA in Music Production btw...

More into the motivational Rap style although my all time Rap Idol is Tupac, RIP. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 15:08, Mary Mowder wrote:
I spend a lot of time online with a bunch of maladjus...

I garden in the summer.

-Mary Mowder


I resemble that remark!! Smile

Music and magic are my vocations and avocations.

In addition I am into organic 3D modelling. (Maybe I will post a few pics here sometime). Astronomy, history, and hey I notice a fellow boardgamer!!!! I love Talisman, Runebound, and Arkham Horror. Another big hobby is exploring and creating procedurally generated worlds which I am working with now in conjunction with 3D modelling.

Oh and one more hobby ....

I hang out on a forum where there is a woman who hangs out with a bunch of maladjus ... Smile

Namaste,
Vlad
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Here are the parts together.

Doug

Click here to view attached image.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
OK, ready for a laugh? I built this on a bet. It's 1/6th scale (Barbie Doll compatible) and it works JUST LIKE the real one! Smile

Doug

Click here to view attached image.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20658 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I guess dog training is a hobby now that I don't get paid for it LOL.

I love dogs.

For a dog trainer I have spoiled dogs!

Chess. I can hold off Bobby Fisher for 20 minutes or so. Then I lose interest and my niece could beat me!

Backgammon, most card games or strategy games. Cribbage, Eucker, Hearts and most board games. A game my wife taught us from Spain called "Continental" which is cool, Gin Rummy and on and on.

Blatantly avoiding pop culture and reality tv.

Movies, I like movies. Bad ones good ones, must be the popcorn. Oh cooking! Yea I guess I have some hobbies. Fast cars, though I don't build them any more just buy them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Hot cars and fast women. (I think it may be the other way around, though, because I keep getting into trouble.)
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 18:39, mastermindreader wrote:
Hot cars and fast women. (I think it may be the other way around, though, because I keep getting into trouble.)


Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Too many hobbies- woodworking and such. Building props and costumes (mainly for Halloween.) Got a model train set I'll pull out again one Christmas when the garage is cleaned up. Brewing beer.

And a few months ago, I started playing Magic the Gathering again. They had a pre-release event last weekend for their newest set; I managed to come in third place out of about 60 players.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 17:10, Dannydoyle wrote:


Chess. I can hold off Bobby Fisher for 20 minutes or so.


Seeing that he's been dead for 5 years, you must really suck at chess. Smile
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20658 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 19:15, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 17:10, Dannydoyle wrote:


Chess. I can hold off Bobby Fisher for 20 minutes or so.


Seeing that he's been dead for 5 years, you must really suck at chess. Smile


Yea I sort of meant his level of play prior to his demise. But good point!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 16:57, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 16:54, Darren James wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 16:05, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Martial Arts, Acting, Movies and rapping. Smile


Rapping, really? I mean that in an exited way. I love hip hop (I'm very picking on what I listen to mind you) my passion for musical style is full out metal and blues but enjoy various hip hop artists for what they have to say and talent.

Darren


Yup, I even had a Rap Group when I was studying Audio Engineering back in my University days... I have a BA in Music Production btw...

More into the motivational Rap style although my all time Rap Idol is Tupac, RIP. Smile


That's really interesting and great to hear. Music has a great ability to touch on a certain level. I'm a big fan of immortal technique and others alike when it comes to rap/hip hop. Glad to see so many into music on here.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Yup, me too Darren. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4146 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 19:52, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 19:15, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 17:10, Dannydoyle wrote:


Chess. I can hold off Bobby Fisher for 20 minutes or so.


Seeing that he's been dead for 5 years, you must really suck at chess. Smile


Yea I sort of meant his level of play prior to his demise. But good point!


Heck, he's buried in Iceland. Just go there with a chess set, sit next to his grave, play e4 and start your clock. An hour later you will have won on time!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1197 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 22:01, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 19:52, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 19:15, Michael Baker wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 17:10, Dannydoyle wrote:


Chess. I can hold off Bobby Fisher for 20 minutes or so.


Seeing that he's been dead for 5 years, you must really suck at chess. Smile


Yea I sort of meant his level of play prior to his demise. But good point!


Heck, he's buried in Iceland. Just go there with a chess set, sit next to his grave, play e4 and start your clock. An hour later you will have won on time!


If there's anyone who could play 1...c5 from beyond the grave, it's Bobby.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1460 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Collect antique pocket watches. The Gerlitz Stull watch on the Tricks for sale thread has had my mouth watering for the last couple of days. I've also done illustrations for a couple of magic books and pamphlets in past years. However, I don't do much of that any more. And, finally, I really enjoy listening to and learning about the past greats of opera: Gigli, Caruso, Del Monaco, Tucker, Corelli, etc.
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
If you like scale models take a look at this! http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 23:57, Daryl -the other brother wrote:
If you like scale models take a look at this! http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/


Yeah, we had posted that quite some time ago, but I had forgotten about it. That layout is mind-boggling!!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
Any other amateur radio operators out there?
73 de KG9ML
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 10:31, landmark wrote:
There are other hobbies?? Now he tells me!


Funny ! Lol
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2013-01-29 18:25, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Bridge, chess, reading, writing, movies, music (guitar & piano hack). I'm also an active member of Toastmasters International, and this year, I've decided to try to develop my absolute worst ability - visual arts. I'm working though Mark Kistler's "You Can Draw in 30 Days" and finding it to be outstanding.

Hi
I'm glad I checked this forum out. I always wanted to be able too draw but I suck. I saw the book you mentioned so I read the reviews at Amazon. Your appraisal of the book co-insides with most of the reviews I read at Amazon. My daughter commented once that she wish she could draw, so I ordered the book for the both of us.
Could you tell me what type of drawing pencils and paper and eraser I should pick up. The book should arrive sometime next week.
Thanks again !
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Other hobbies (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL