The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Would something like this be of interest to you and could you use it in a show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Hello all,

For the past few years, I have been pondering and researching an idea that could greatly enhance cold readings and the use of stock lines. Within the past month, I finally decided it was time to move from the thinking, pondering and researching phase into the actual production of this system. About every night after working as a reporter for a newspaper in Northeast Ohio, I work on the book. I have some good people who are looking at it, editing it and commenting on it as I go. The feedback has been quite helpful, not only in producing better copy, but in clarifying what is trying to be conveyed and accomplished to make it a better experience for those who read the work.

The system I am working on is a way to tap into the personal dynamics of anyone who comes up to help in order to share some insights, something I refer to in the book as "seeing deeply into a person's soul."

The type of readings you will be able to give are not whether the person will come into some money, what will happen with the relationship, is there a new job, is there a big move coming. I will leave that stuff to others. This is more about connecting with people on a personal level, communicating to them about what they like, they dislike, how their friends view them, what they think about some of the decisions they made, how they view the world, what they do well and some things they can work on.

To me, this is connecting and building rapport with a helper and heightening the experience for not only the one helping, but those who know her (or him) well and the rest of the audience. This is more of thought reading.

Unlocking this wealth of information can be achieved in two or three sentences, but it will take some effort to learn. How many times on this forum have we heard people say, "I wish so-and-so will charge $500 to keep this out of the hands of those curious"? The price will not keep this out of the hands of the merely curious, but the effort it will require should.

When the book is finally finished, and keep in mind it is a work in progress and the amount of time I am able to devote to it varies from day to day, it is not the kind of book where you will be able to download it and show your family and friends later that day. This is not another "trick" you will perform. This is something that you add to something you already perform as a way to connect with your helper and audience and give you greater credibility as a performer.

So, this is what my system can do in broad terms. Is this something that would interest you? Is this something that could help your show? Are there any questions about what it can and cannot do?

Thanks for your time,

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3913 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Personally I don't do readings -- other than an effect I do with a pendulum and some mar*ed tarot cards.

But I think you might do well to broaden the scope of the project. I'd find it most interesting to bring an audience member up on-stage and, as I talk with them, to get a flash of insight about them...since it seems to me that this would be how "real" mindreading would work. Convince me that something of this nature is possible, and I'll be very interested.

I always enjoy your postings here, Bobby. I'm very intrigued in thinking about the kind of book you would turn out.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I think it seems that what you're working on could add depth and immediacy to readings, so yes, it is of interest...and if the system is good, it would be very valuable. It is these very things that change readings from fine to amazingly accurate.

Nailing these points (the ones you mentined above) tells the client that you are, indeed, tuned into them individually...and doing this adds weight, validity, to the subsequent reading.

If you don't price it through the roof I'd sure be interested, and it sounds like you're going to price it fine.

Good luck with it.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
David and Tom,

Thanks for the feedback.

David, like you, I shy away from readings. And, as Tom correctly pointed out, it has the potential to add depth and immediacy.

It seems as if most creators are pushing tricks/effects, etc. I think everyone on here has way more than they need and an possibly use in a lifetime of shows. This, in my opinion, will make those signature pieces of mentalism even better.

Bobby
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
Well my interest id piqued.
TJ Halford

"Imagine what is Possible"
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
I am, of course, interested. Keep us posted.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
John,

Will do.

Bobby
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Bobby, this looks very interesting. Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Thanks, Dr. Van Van Mojo. You have the most interesting name I have come across in a while.

Bobby
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2084 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I am one of several who has the privilege of helping with the editing of Bobby's book. As he stated above, this can (substantially) enhance your cold readings and I think you'll be amazed by what insights you will be able to "divine" about your volunteers. While this will require a good deal of effort on your part to learn, the rewards will be substantial.

I'll not say more at this time.

Regards, Steve
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Quote:
On 2013-01-31 13:03, robwar0100 wrote:
Thanks, Dr. Van Van Mojo. You have the most interesting name I have come across in a while.

Bobby

Heh, yeah, it's #2 here: http://jubal.westnet.com/hyperdiscordia/apostles.html

How's this coming along? Still working on it?
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
I'm intrigued. Always interested in ways to tap into a participant's psyche.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1041 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
What's your timescales for release? When can I pre-order?
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Sounds interesting Bobby.keep us posted,

Regards,

Sea
I love post its Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Would something like this be of interest to you and could you use it in a show? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL