The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What is the name of this song? Please... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
490 Posts

Profile of reynold
scenic effects
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin - USA
70 Posts

Profile of scenic effects
I'm guessing that it may be a part of a song on the Creative Magic Offical Soundtrack. I have it and there are 11 songs on it and they sound similar to that piece of music. There is some contact info on the CD insert: jandrewlivingston@yahoo.com also mentions "the exodus 99" maybe try google? Hope this gives you a start in the search.
reynold
View Profile
Elite user
Puerto Rico
490 Posts

Profile of reynold
Thanks Scenic Effects!

Before I email the guy. Did the Creative Magic company (the shadow tent guy, etc) put out a CD for magicians? There is nothing about a CD on their site or google.

Or the CD just happens to have the same tittle from a different company?

Thanks again,
reynold
scenic effects
View Profile
New user
Wisconsin - USA
70 Posts

Profile of scenic effects
Glad to be of assistance - Creative Magic put out the CD because customers were requesting the music from their demo - I got a copy of it at an auction - it's from 2008
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
They were selling the CD as a standalone at one time. I have the CD...it has some great music with well-timed flourishes, etc. Everything from fast-paced to dramatic to circus.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6784 Posts

Profile of Dougini
If you're looking for music to use in your magic act, and you want it royalty-free, I found this site:

http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/

Doug
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Thanks Doug...some pretty cool stuff in there.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7410 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
The song is "Dreams of Magic" from the Creative Magic Official Soundtrack CD.

BTW, I don't know if Creative Magic actually sold the CDs. They might have been a special premium / gift for their customers. I have one that came in the December 2012 portion shipment.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I thought I saw them on the website at one point...although I COULD be wrong.

It's rare...but COULD happen! Smile
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
You should be able to pick up a cd from a portion holder. Just put out a WTB on the Café or SME and you'll find a seller, I'd think.

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 12:22, Dougini wrote:
If you're looking for music to use in your magic act, and you want it royalty-free, I found this site:

http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/

Doug

Oh my goodness - this site is great!! Just started poking around...for FREE?! WHAT?!!

Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Ah I see - as long as you give credit back...otherwise 30 bucks a piece. Still - definitely worth the look.

luiswong718
View Profile
New user
Macau
9 Posts

Profile of luiswong718
Thank you Doug for sharing the useful music site, thanks
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6784 Posts

Profile of Dougini
My pleasure, Luis! Welcome to the Café, by the way! Here is another site:

http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/pir/free_music_loops.shtml

There is a lot there, too. I know you'll find what you want. When I was a Radio Disc Jockey, I was also Director Of Production, and we used various music libraries, made for radio and TV. One of them is Killer Tracks. Food Network, The Cooking Channel and other networks use this service as well.

If you go here, be prepared to be overwhelmed by the amount of custom music beds, underscores and work parts available. No, you cannot buy these. These are leased to radio and TV stations and networks, and the license costs thousands of dollars. We paid $7000 for an extensive package. But, it IS fun to go through and listen to the various cuts:

http://www.killertracks.com/

Doug
MagiTracks
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
115 Posts

Profile of MagiTracks
Hey Guys,

I've been away from the Café' for awhile working on custom projects, but I wanted to join this conversation!

I compose & produce original, royalty-free MUSIC for magicians all over the world, through my company MagiTracks.com. We have an excellent reputation, a wide variety of styles, and our music is endorsed by top performers such as Jeff McBride, Franz Harary, Whit Haydn, Sean Alexander and many others. Absolute professional quality, and again... 100% royalty-free!

We welcome Café' members to visit our site... the #1 source for exclusive, custom-designed Music For Magicians Smile

Yours In Magic & Music,
Steve Saunders
"The Conjuror's Composer"
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6784 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi Steve!

I just went to the site, and went to the PRESTIGE section. The opener:

EPIC OPENER (1:54)
The house lights dim and the curtains open...to the sound of a haunting musical phrase. Suddenly power-pop guitars kick in, followed by a full string section and thundering drums. This dramatic opener sets the tone for high-energy amazement...

This is amazing! Yes, for $25...I know...ya gotta pay for it. However, look at the site. You can listen to each track before you buy it. I have heard every one on that page. If this is typical, my friend THIS is where you want to go to get music for your act.

For hacks like me, though...I gotta do the freebies...hey, I'm on a pension. $25 is my weekly GROCERY bill! LOL! But, if you got bucks, you perform for money, and you're serious about quality music, my friend. MagiTracks is where you wanna go! Smile

Doug
MagiTracks
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
115 Posts

Profile of MagiTracks
Doug,

Thanks so much for your kind words... much appreciated!

Yes, all of our tracks are "hand-crafted" with genuine passion... AND years of experience in both magic and music. We always strive to create music that is theatrical, exciting and custom-designed for magicians! Good music should be properly structured (just like a good magic effect) and we infuse that quality into every track we produce.

Thanks again Doug and have a magical day!

Steve Saunders
"The Conjuror's Composer"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » What is the name of this song? Please... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL