The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Ibm's policy towards convicted child molestors as members? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
What is IBM's official policy about convicted child molesters as members of both the main organization and the local rings?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Good question. I have never heard of any organication (IBM, SAM, FISM, Magic Circle) having an official policy. Usually the powers that be can take the appropriate action to deal with such situation. I do know the SAM for their SYM program does require background checks on leaders. I assume this is also true with the IBM and other groups as even 4-H and Scouting groups require such checks now days.

It is a sad world to need such things.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
IBM is currently working on an official policy. IBM Youth also has a standing policy that is being tweaked. Both should be published soon.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
Thanks Skip. And Richard, your right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Ibm's policy towards convicted child molestors as members? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL