The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » RvPhotoCube App and Hardware (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Greg ... I sent you an email.

Dooblehorn ... I put up a link to purchase the rv PhotoCube at:
http://www.skindellmagic.com/rvphotohelp2012.htm

The rv photocube will only run on iphones 4s, 5, (not the iphone 4), ipod latest 5th generation, ipad 3 and 4 (not the 1 or 2) and mini-ipad -- all devices that have low energy bluetooth known as BLE or Bluetooth 4.0. The iTunes store will restrict the download to just Bluetooth 4.0 devices in the next release which has already been submitted. Price of software was dropped to $99.99 ... hardware is $150.00 + $10.00 shipping Cont. US.

Thank you,
Steve
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Steve
Thanks! Now I am just trying to figure out how you'd sneak a peek at your iphone without spectators seeing you
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-02-19 16:14, dooblehorn wrote:
Steve
Thanks! Now I am just trying to figure out how you'd sneak a peek at your iphone without spectators seeing you

I have my iphone either in my right suit pocket ... when I turn around saying I won't look .. I look then put it back in my pocket.

Also, I sometimes put the phone in my shirt pocket with the display facing towards me ... while I am turned around I flick my phone forward with my finger and look down into my pocket and get the peek. Most of the other magicians using it just pull it out and look at the phone while they say they are not looking.

Hugh a professional magician uses the software and photocube with his iphone in the inside of his suit jacket -- he has it in a plastic holder facing towards his body. He just opens his coat up a little and gets the peak that way.

- Steve
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Hi, Steve, thanks for the peeking ideas, looks like I am making it too complicated!

Since there are more than one version of iPad 2, and iPhone 4s, do you have a list of compatible Apple Model Numbers?
Or model numbers that the photo cubes been tested with?

Don't wish to purchase only to discover it won't work with my apple device
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Hi Dooblehorn,

The App works with iphone 4s, iphone 5, ipad 3, ipad 4 (latest version), ipod 5th generation (latest version), ipad mini. It App DOES NOT work with iphone 4, iphone 3, ipad 1, ipad 2, ipod 4th generation, ipod 3rd generation. The updated version of the app 1.1 will restrict the purchase if you don't have the correct hardware -- version 1.1 should be in the app store within the next day or so.

- Steve
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Steve, thanks !
I'll wait for hardware detecting version..
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Version 1.1 was just approved and is now in the app store.

This version will only allow devices to download the app that have the required bluetooth 4.0 on them.

- Steve
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Version 1.2 is in the app store now (or should be shortly) ... this allows you to make your own sound recordings for each side of the cube - use a bluetooth earpiece or covert earpice hooked to your iphone/ipad.

Click the ? button in your documentation within the app to see how to do this.

- Steve
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Version 1.3 is in the app store now .. it includes vibrations from the phone 1..6 times.
magicmike30
View Profile
Special user
744 Posts

Profile of magicmike30
This looks super sweet. Curses I have an Iphone 4.
Entertainer
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Just lowered the price of the software and the hardware so more people can afford it.
Hardware is now $64.99 (free shipping cont US / paypal) and the software is $64.99

http://www.skindellmagic.com/rvphotohelp2012.htm
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Hi, Steveo
Great price!
I am interested in buying, but link for the hardware shows the old price...
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Go to the new site (only works with iphone 4s, 5, ipad 3rd and 4th gen, mini-ipad, 5th generation ipod):
Vibration only works on iphone 4s and 5.

http://www.rvphotocube.com

- Steve
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Thanks, Steve
Just ordered and downloaded, I think the new price is right!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I give this one a 10, great app and effect!
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Thank you dooblehorn!

There is a review on the rvPhotoCube in the latest issue of Vanish Magazine Vol 8.

http://www.vanishmagazine.com/edition8.html
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

RvPhotocube ... the next hardware version is approx. 7/8" .. very light -- smaller than the color vision cube.

I purchased a top of the line 3d printer and can print out about 20 - 30 cubes at a time. A 3d cadcam programmer is helping me to
design the sensor to snap in and out perfectly.

The cube attaches itself to larger photo cubes.

Doing 3d printing is AWESOME .. have a lot of other ideas -- for housing other things I have been working on.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

I have a master wood craftsman developing a exotic wood housing for the rvphotocube.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
The website that is linked to (http://abcmagicshop.com/tricks/mentalism/rv-photo-cube.html) doesn't seem to show the new hardware price.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1578 Posts

Hi DynaMix .. yes that was the intro price .. it went up since then .. it is $100.00 for the hardware and the app is still $64.99

The exotic wood dice one will be in the $300.00 + $64.99 for the app range.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » RvPhotoCube App and Hardware (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL