The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » RvPhotoCube App and Hardware (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
You have to exit the program first .. make sure rvPhotoCube isn't running in the background.

To do this ... press the Home button 2 times .... swipe the rvPhotoScreen upward to get it out of running from memory (for IOS 7).

Make sure the Notification is on .. then restart the program.

It will only make the changes when the program isn't running in the background. This is same for setting vibration mode on and also sound mode on.

Also, make sure you have the latest Pebble Watch app and the latest firmware updated on your watch. I think the Pebble Notifications will only work with IOS 7.0.

- Steve
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

RvPhotoCube works right out of the box with the new Martian watch at BestBuy (http://www.martianwatches.com/). This watch costs $129.00 and is MUCH MUCH better than the Pebble watch in my opinion -- looks like a normal analog watch with a small Text LED display down near the bottom of the watch. This watch will work with SuperSensor as well as the new app program Paul Romhany and I have been working on.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

Just tested rvphotocube with IOS 8.0 ... works great!
I plan on updating the rvphotocube app to work with the iwatch (hopefully I will be able to send images as well as vibrations).
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

Just tested rvPhotoCube on my brother's iPhone 6+ tonight ... works perfectly.

Merry Christmas Everybody!!!
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

If you purchased the rvPhotoCube prior to a DVD being released and included in the package .. please pm me and I will send you a link to the video online in HD.

- Steve
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

I developed a 1" locking color cube on my 3d printer at 100 microns for the rvphotocube sensor. It will open only if you know how. This fits inside the orig. color vision plastic cube case so that
you can do the orig. color cube prediction routine.

Will vibrates on the iphone 1..6 using the current rvphotocube app in the
Apple store or will send the info to the Pebble watch.

Gearing rvPhotoCube for the Apple Watch when it comes out. Should be interesting.
bobgill
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of bobgill
Every prop has a downside or weak spot.
One of the joys of magic today (for me anyway) is that, whilst one is spoiled for choice on the market, you have to really research the item and its competing products, and think about how you motivate the circumstances that meet the weaknesses.
In this instance:
- The Promystic is a lovely prop, but hideously expensive. Is it worth it? Up to you and why you want it.
- Wisseman's Remote 3000 has to be inside its box, which can seem a limiting factor.
- iCube or rvPhotocube transmit via an iPhone - which can drop out on occasion.
- using a vi****ing receiver requires you to count the transmissions, which can be disconcerting as it demands your attention.
- but using a receiver with l****s has to be in view, and this can be limiting.
And none of them is cheap - so choose carefully.
For me, I do like the fact that rvPhotocube is much more flexible and up to date than the others on the market. And is very well supported by its maker. And the use of a smart watch is such a delicious prospect.
But another similar product let me down on its second outing - the conference was in the bowels of a hotel and I assume bluetooth just dropped out.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3665 Posts

Profile of JanForster
You are everywhete... What's the name of your race?
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

Wow ... I just upgraded my iPhone to the 6+ ... the phone is amazing.

Before I would get maybe 6 wifi stations around my house ... now I get like 100+

The Bluetooth BLE is also just as amazing ... I'm getting distances on the rvPhotoCube that I have never have seen before.

I think they upgraded the size of the antenna's in this device ... thus the significant increases in distances.

Can't wait for the iPhone Watch to come out!
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2449 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
This is not a problem with the rvPhotoCube...
But all magic apps which can use the iPhone6 vibrator are too loud :-(
This is an iPhone6 issue :-(

Anyone figure out a way to make the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus vibrator as quiet as the iPhone5 vibrator ?

The old generation iPhones use a rotating vibrator in the pone. But, the iPhone 6 uses a linear vibrator which is very loud :-(

Thoughts ?
Long Island,

New York
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

There is a really cool rubiks cube safe that is available on ebay for around $8.00 .. you could put your rvphotocube sensor in the hidden compartment ... really cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAeQdXt_wEw
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

I went to the Apple store today to see the iWatch in person .. WOW!!!
I have and use a Pebble however, the iwatch makes the Pebble look like garbage. Everything is CRYSTAL clear on the iwatch!!!

I can't wait to implement rvphotocube with the iWatch. All the photos for the first 4 sets (built in) will be
instant because they will be pulling the images directly from the iwatch. The pictures that are taken by the camera and are
on the iphone --- well -- we will have to see how long it takes to transfer the picture from the phone to the iWatch.

My opinion of the iwatch has changed after actually seeing it.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

Good News: The static images from the rvphotocube to the iwatch are instant ... the images from the camera roll to the iwatch are almost instant -- take about 1/10 of a second.

Not sure if this is going to be an upgrade or a new program ... because the 4s is included in rvphotocube as a device -- the iwatch does not work with the 4s (only 5 and above).

Will definitely be working on including the iwatch update to the 3 cube stage version (clue type of effect) or having a new stage version (3 images on the screen at the same time) -- something you couldn't do with with a vibration type system.

My experience so far with the iwatch is fantastic. I will be getting a fancier band for it (came in light blue for developers) -- I have the 42mm version .. the smaller version is 38mm.

Will also see about upgrading mentalist toolbox with iwatch output as the 2nd device rather than needing 2 devices.

Was also thinking about upgrading AutioStackedDeck to output to the watch .. perhaps a random time it would come throughout the day ... lots of ideas brewing with this new technology.

- Steve
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

Here is a short clip of the rvPhotoCube and the iWatch output.

https://youtu.be/VvMZpii9Jy0
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

Here are a couple snapshots .. (very difficult to get image captures or video of both the watch and the iphone at the same time):

http://www.skindellmagic.com/watch1a.png

http://www.skindellmagic.com/watch2a.png
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

The watch is really cool! There are 2 settings to turn the screen on .. one by tilting your wrist .. having the watch face towards you. If you tilt your wrist away from you the screen shuts off. The screen on the watch always communicates with the watch sending the latest image -- even if the watch display is off.

The 2nd method allows you to tab the watch screen .. the image will appear on the screen of the latest rvphotocube image.

The vibration is out of this world .. there is no sound at all .. you just feel a tap on you wrist.

I'm not sure if the vibrator is available for programming write now.

This watch is HIGHLY Recommended!

I think Apple sold out of their first batch worldwide in the first 10 minutes.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

RvPhotoCube v1.7.4 was recently updated in the App Store. This version added professional voice over audios, updated images, and a modifications.

v1.8 will the the iwatch support when available.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

Version 1.8 was submitted to the Apple store. I am still working on perfecting the Apple watch output and it will be included for WatchOS 2.0 in rvPhotoCube 2.0 (rather than notifications of the image it will be a custom WatchOS 2.0 app).

Version 1.8 fixes some things that prevented rvPhotoCube from working in IOS 9.0 when it comes out.
Version 1.8 also increases the timing between vibrations and vibration sets. Also, rather than vibrating 4 sets it was decreased to only vibrating 3 sets.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1559 Posts

RvPhotoCube Version 1.8 is in the app store now. I heard that IOS version 9.0 will be out Sept 9th.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1321 Posts

Profile of rmendez
Just purchased this and am really looking forward to it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » RvPhotoCube App and Hardware (28 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL