The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Beat Knawin on Glass... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Franzen bros Circus 1984...I was young Healthy and scared of heights..(Previous year I had fallen and broken ankle in Dallas Oregon on the Big John Strong Circus)...
The Appolo Rom Troupe From left Red Johnson, Curtis Cainan. Jim Zajicek...

http://api.ning.com/files/c3NX1Zm--medSE......0008.jpg
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2907 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Broken ankle while on the Big John Strong Circus? And where was JSIII when this happened? There's a smoking gun here somewhere.

By the way, I am setting up my new office in our home and just hung from the ceiling a certain set of yellow and orange "Strange ?, Unusual!, Freaks!" banner line flags.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Todd
#3 had been off his Fathers Circus operating his Sideshow for a few years by the time I arrived in '82..
The main thing I remember about Breaking my ankle was when I hit the ground near the seats I heard a little Boy say "Mommy, That Man said a Bad word!"...
From Time to Time over the next few months I will be visiting My Mom and going through my photos and artifacts, I will try to find a photo of those Flags flying and send it to you.. I had those Flags custom made, at a cost of $65 a piece, they became cost prohibitive when they would fade to quickly...We now buy 2 sets of more generic flags and swap them out half way through the season at less then a third the price...
On a side note, Ward liked them, So I thought he wanted them for his collection, needless to say after I gave them to Him he promptly sold them on E-Bay.. Taught me a valueable lesson, I rarely give any BCS Artifacts away anymore...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Jim Hand
View Profile
Regular user
Ocala,Fl.
137 Posts

Profile of Jim Hand
I still have the orange (faded red?)and white set of flags you gave me....and they AIN'T for sale...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Beat Knawin on Glass... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL