The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Android App for Mentalist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mentalist1976CGN
View Profile
New user
Köln/Cologne
23 Posts

Profile of Mentalist1976CGN
Hi folks,

I startet working on an app for mentalist recently. Not a kind of "trick-app", it's more like a library and trainer.
My idea is to create a kind of "virtual companion", that delivers informations (on routines etc.) and helps training mnemotics and stacks for example.
Currently I'm writing it in German, but I'll translate it to English, too.

Now I'd like to ask you, what features you'd like to see in an app like this?

Of course the Stack-Trainers work in a manner, that doesn't reveal the secret of marketed systems. Only the traditional ones are explained.

Regards from Germany,
Tom
Richard Doyle
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
125 Posts

Profile of Richard Doyle
Tom, great idea and I would also like to see this as a iPad app. It would be great if you could make it possible for the user to arrange cards in a known stack. This way the public would not have access to stacks.

Richard
Mentalist1976CGN
View Profile
New user
Köln/Cologne
23 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-02-03 09:29, Richard Doyle wrote:
It would be great if you could make it possible for the user to arrange cards in a known stack. This way the public would not have access to stacks.

I'm already working on that feature. But unfortunately I don't have any knowledge about programming for iOS.
About the public:
I'm thinking about only selling it on my website and not in public on playstore or amazon. I want it to become a ressource for pros and not for those kiddies. That way I could keep track about who get's it and can react fast and effective in case of piracy. Smile
Mentalist1976CGN
View Profile
New user
Köln/Cologne
23 Posts

By the way:

Here's a link to the project-site on Facebook. Still in German only, but I will update that soon.

I'm also looking for some fellow-mentalists for beta-testing the app soon.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Perhaps the ability to list props from your show, catalog routines you use, list running times for each effect, just some thoughts for what I would want.
Mentalist1976CGN
View Profile
New user
Köln/Cologne
23 Posts

Good idea. And maybe an option to keep track of consumable goods and a reminder-function.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2013-02-03 11:26, Mentalist1976CGN wrote:
By the way:

Here's a link to the project-site on Facebook. Still in German only, but I will update that soon.

I'm also looking for some fellow-mentalists for beta-testing the app soon.

No link.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Billy-one
View Profile
Inner circle
IOWA
1028 Posts

Profile of Billy-one
Quote:
On 2013-02-04 04:07, Mentalist1976CGN wrote:
Good idea. And maybe an option to keep track of consumable goods and a reminder-function.

I love this entire idea! I keep my schedule/booking on my phone now a days....a few extra reminders would be amazing. Also, an APP that would allow me to put a stack and quiz me/flash card style would have been the best thing I could have thought off....I know my stack now, but it would still be cool.

Billy
Mentalist1976CGN
View Profile
New user
Köln/Cologne
23 Posts

FB-Projectsite for the App

Hope, it works this time. Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
Will this app be onlt for iphone or would there be an android version available as well. It sounds very good.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Mentalist1976CGN
View Profile
New user
Köln/Cologne
23 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-02-05 09:15, george1953 wrote:
Will this app be onlt for iphone or would there be an android version available as well. It sounds very good.

It will be an Android App only, because I don't have any knowledge about programming for iOS and - to say it in a polite way - I don't like Apple. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Android App for Mentalist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL