The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Full Shows?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
Here is an interesting Question.

How many of you have seen a full show of mentalism by another performer. By full show, I mean an hour or more. I've seen a great deal of mentalists at conventions doing 10 to 20 minutes and that is nice. Who wouldn't like to see more full evening shows of mentalism. Does anyone know of some full evening shows of mentalism that are being performed right now?

I have seen a handful but would like to see more.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12231 Posts

Profile of John C
Marc salem
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2625 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Kreskin
Craig Karges

S
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I've seen Kreskin, Gerry Mc Cambridge, Luke Jermay, and Paul Vigil doing full length shows.
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
I've seen Craig Karges do small spots...but where is he doing a full show for the public?

I've seen Kreskin and his is a riot...he is a very fun person to watch and I would say there are a lot of people in the forum that might not say Kreskin is doing mentalism...he really bounces around between magic and mentalism. (You have to catch him on tour, he does not have a running show)

I've seen Paul Vigil's show...and I would not call it mentalism...he does magic and some mental magic effects..but I would not say he's a mentalist. (I assume this is still running)

I've seen Gerry Mc Cambridge do his show in Vegas and it was really good. Perhaps a bit heavy on his self agrandizing but he had some really clever pieces in the show. Really enjoyed that. (running show in Vegas)

I've saw Marc Salem in NYC. It seemed a little slow and prodding the night I went. There was nothing overtly clever...pretty standard stuff from my perspective. (Is his show still running in NYC? Did not see it listed last time I was there?)

Luke Jermay...did not get a chance to see him when I went to Vegas. However, freinds of mind have given mixed reviews from his show. Some said he was amazing...others said it was terrible. Interesting no one gave him a middle of the road review...it was one extreme or the other. (He no longer has a running show?)
Ulises Galeano
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
132 Posts

Profile of Ulises Galeano
Christian and Katalina,they perform weekly in indy, and ive seen docc Hilford. I made it my new years resolution to go see more performers this year
solarzar
View Profile
Regular user
Solarzar
109 Posts

Profile of solarzar
Docc Hilford
Marc Salem

Looking forward to seeing Gerry McCambridge and Paul Vigil.

Just my thoughts, Solarzar
Solarzar
The Magic is within us!
www.Magic4Life.com
www.Solarzar.net
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10137 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I've seen full shows by...

Marc Salem (3 times)
Banachek
Gerry McCambridge (several times)
Craig Karges
Christopher Carter (several times)
Kreskin
Robert Channing
Ross Johnson
Max Maven
Keith Barry
Paul Draper

I know there's a few others but those come to mind immediately.

Still wanting to see Christian & Catalina, Bob Cassidy, John Stetson.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
I've seen a full show by Richard Osterlind and I have performed full shows.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
I have also seen John Pulliam.

Bobby
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
Mindpro...you're a lucky duck to see all those shows.

I have also seen Christopher Carter's show. It was really, really good. He is one of those guys you never hear about. Never in the magazines or news. Just quietly working away I guess.

I should also mention that I have seen the Sam's Quantum Eye in NYC. This is a show that no one ever talks about either. I wonder why? I think it has been running for years.

Bobby, where was Richard Osterlind doing a full show at that you got to see. It is not a running show is it?
durian-red
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of durian-red
Sebastian Black had a long running off-Broadway show that he closed late last year.
joesquire
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of joesquire
How come no one has said Derren Brown yet?
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1582 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On 2013-02-04 01:43, joesquire wrote:
How come no one has said Derren Brown yet?

Because,clearly, no one who has posted seen him live!

I've seen;

Kreskin
Brown
Barry
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1527 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
I've seen Derren live a couple of times, but more often his televised theatre shows.
All are well over one hour.
T.
durian-red
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of durian-red
I perform a full evening theatrical ticketed show called MYND STORM. Unfortunately, since it has so far been staged (several times) only in Mumbai, India, most Café members would not have seen it, nor even heard of it !
RichardShure
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of RichardShure
Simon,
I have seen all of Derren's shows via video...so although it was not live...at least I got to see a full mentalism show...So I think I could enclude it in my list. I was thinking about any other full mentalism shows I have seen recorded.

Are there other mentalists shows that have been recorded...not for a special television show (like Angel or Blaine)...but one that was recored at a theater...like Derren Brown's??
Dr Weevil
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Dr Weevil
Quote:
On 2013-02-03 22:18, RichardShure wrote:

Luke Jermay...did not get a chance to see him when I went to Vegas. However, freinds of mind have given mixed reviews from his show. Some said he was amazing...others said it was terrible. Interesting no one gave him a middle of the road review...it was one extreme or the other. (He no longer has a running show?)

I saw Luke Jermay perform a full evening show ('The Psychic Cabaret') in Huddersfield last November: I believe that show did (is doing?) quite a few dates around the UK. I thought it was excellent: he was engaging and funny, and the closing routine was one of the most beautifully constructed pieces of theatrical mentalism I've seen.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1236 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I've seen derren's "enigma" show,pure class!

Kieran
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Richard Shure,

Richard Osterlind occasionally does public shows. This one was a fundraiser for a community organization in Kentucky. I drove about 5 1/2 hours to see it. Generally, Richard Osterlind does corporate work, so most of his shows are private.

Bobby
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Full Shows?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL