The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » INDIAN routine, I' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Thanks Mr Biro.
That was Wonderful!
Smooth.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5269 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Thanks! Love watching a good performer at work.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8171 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On 2013-02-05 16:13, Pete Biro wrote:
http://youtu.be/LrdvAolYKgQ

NOT HIS 'FIRST DAY ON THE JOB' ! Isn't it great to watch a performer who doesn't need to think: "Hmmm, now what's the next move?"

Watching this man reminded me of an anecdote of Harris Solomon's. (in "Linking Ring" -- in the '50a, I think)

After WWII, Harris was in Egypt and watched a street magician doing cups & balls. The magician obviously knew how to stop 'em, hold 'em and 'get the money'! Harris waited 'til the crowd had moved on, and approached the performer. With minimal knowledge (on both 'sides') of the other's language, Harris complimented the performer, who replied, "You, magician?" Harris replied, "How do you know?" The man came back, "You watch right cup!"

Harris stopped a street vendor and bought two cups of coffee. As they shareed the coffee and struggled with the language difficulty, Harris slipped on his metal TT, took out a handkerchief and vanished his lit cigarette butt in the handkerchief. The Egyptian's eyes bugged out!. Harris thought to himself, "There isn't a magic shop within a couple thousand miles, and I can get another from Tannen for 75 cents when I return to NYC." He showed the magician the feke and how to use it, and then gave him the TT. The street performer now had a trick that no other magician in Egypt had! He smiled his thanks and they parted company.

Harris later said, " I KNEW he was a real magician. His skin was as black as skin could be, BUT, he did not say,'It doesn't match my thumb!'"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Really like it. He was very smooth with the moves. Got me off guard a couple of times. Thanks for the upload. Love to see performers like this.

Steven
Boudje
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of Boudje
Quote:
On 2013-02-11 12:40, Dick Oslund wrote:

Harris later said, " I KNEW he was a real magician. His skin was as black as skin could be, BUT, he did not say,'It doesn't match my thumb!'"

Wonderful line Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » INDIAN routine, I' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL