The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Last Days of Coney Island ("Ralphie needs money to draw...") (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2439 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Ralph Bakshi (the animated THE HOBBIT, WIZARDS and FRITZ THE CAT, etc) is Kickstarting his new series of shorts including THE LAST DAYS OF CONEY ISLAND. The few shots of the new project are amazing, padded with a ton of his 30-year-old films, and sounding like "same old Fritz the Cat audio".

According to the site, "The stories take place on and around Coney’s garish, freaky midways and in it's dark alleyways. They discuss America: Kennedy’s assassination, the mafia, Bobby Dylan, Vietnam, Dick Tracy, Miss America, and more."

My initial reaction sways wildly between "visionary and thrilling" and "you're resting on some mighty old laurels, Ralph". What do you think?
Escape Artist
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Escape Artist
I worked the rides and joint in Coney Island as a kid in the 60s; Worked on Mccoullors Carousel, I still have a brass ring

Rode the Wonder Wheel and the Wild Mouse, I even remember Steeplechase
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2439 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
"...but most of all, I remember Mama."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » The Last Days of Coney Island ("Ralphie needs money to draw...") (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL