The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mom whispered in my ear...HOW DARE SHE? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
During a recent show--one of the moms whispered in my ear: "Please make sure you let my daughter help". I listened intently and then pulled away in shock and blurted something like: You want to marry me? I don't remember exactly what I said--but it was funny at the time. What are some of the funny made up things you say when a parent whispers in your ear?
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2140 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
If it's the father: "Oh! Well, I admire your ambition sir, but I'm pretty sure the Rockettes are an all-girl group!"
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I don't mind if the Birthday Mom asks to have her Child help (in fact she has already been told her Child WILL help) but I don't understand why Parents think their Child is the only one who wants to help. I understand that there may be mitigating circumstances but when it is just a pushy person teaching their Child to be pushy as well, I feel a little sorry for the Kid. What kind of Parenting are they getting?

-Mary Mowder
TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 01:07, Mary Mowder wrote:
I don't mind if the Birthday Mom asks to have her Child help (in fact she has already been told her Child WILL help) but I don't understand why Parents think their Child is the only one who wants to help. I understand that there may be mitigating circumstances but when it is just a pushy person teaching their Child to be pushy as well, I feel a little sorry for the Kid. What kind of Parenting are they getting?

-Mary Mowder

I agree. I've had this request many times over the years. The birthday child always gets invited up twice in my show so the parent already know this fact. But, If it is the birthday childs Mom or Dad asking for a brother or sister to help, I will also oblige. After all, they are paying me. If it is some random parent asking, I will always tell them in a nice way "I can't make any promises."

I like how Cesar handled it. He made it funny. If it was me I would have said "No you can't kiss me !"
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
"Yes ma'am, my show does promote fair play. Thank you for asking".

(I would never really say this).

-Mary
Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
Depending on my mood (or the position of the stars, or biorhythms, not really sure what it is) these parental interventions may or may not bother me. As a parent of 4--I can understand on most days. What I'm really interested in is the opportunity to make this a UNIQUE entertainment opportunity--by coming up with some really funny responses. The scenario is that a mom or dad whispers something in your ear--and you reply with a response that creates some laughter. For example:

I think you're nice too--let's talk after the show.
No, I'm sorry, I'm already married.
You want to go on a date with me?
You really think I'm the most handsome magician you've ever met?
Really? You think I'm the best magician you've ever met?

As you can see I need some help here!

Cheers,

Cesar
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mom whispered in my ear...HOW DARE SHE? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL