The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » In praise of Doug Higley (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
I just love my HIGLEY objects, My ZIBIT is just a prize and I keep it on display in my living room when I am not using it for a flea market or a show.
My Dark Museum with the Monkey's Paw has had a lot of use and is definitely something that people remember me by. The Shrunken Head is still looking for a routine
but I have been considering getting 2 more made for a different set variation of The Dark Museum. It has it's mouth sewn shut so if I got one with the eyes sewn and the other with the ears- it could be the classic; HearNo, SeeNo, SpeakNo routine. Also his 'PK Eyes' are just wonderful little things and TEMPLAR (from Outlaw) around my neck is just perfect for activation or the PK ***n** I use for " L LUCY" on my knee or ankle (so I can use her off the SM board) also is just perfect for a look around the room. Before I discovered  HIGLEY and OUTLAW (on the Café' several years back)- I had an 'interesting' presentation but with the help of these skilled Artists, my Bizarre Routine has stepped into a higher class of entertainment being able to use the very best of what is available and I can't thank Doug, Rick or Tim and other producers of Quality Bizarre Items enough for taking our ART to the Highest Level. My very Alien looking (WHAT IS IT)- connects itself perfectly with a 10 lb. Steele the exact size of a Zombie Ball and helps me weave a routine using Al Snieder's (close up version) with a switch out during the program. Also the strange disappearance of the ZIBIT at the end of the Seance Blackout can cause some folks leaving the show feeling more than a little unnerved.

K

Life is not a problem to be solved....
but a mystery to be lived!

Click here to view attached image.
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
His Heads are really Something Special!

Click here to view attached image.
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thanks StPaul!

The set with the 3 shrunky heads is called THREE NO EVIL (as opposed to the post card set named 3 No Evil).
Truth in Advertising...my wife Lori came up with the names. ;-)

Since there are so many heads in the market place these days by others...I'm cutting back on making them. Smile
Again thanks all for the kind words.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
One of my cherished 'Higley's'.

http://tinyurl.com/a3wkf56
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Oh, my gosh...RicHeka, you have got the Mammoth! I covet the Mammoth! I also dream of the little curled-up horse.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Quote:
On 2013-02-14 22:50, RicHeka wrote:
One of my cherished 'Higley's'.

http://tinyurl.com/a3wkf56

Very nice, thanks for sharing.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
No Autumn...that's not THE mammoth you refer to...Rich has a tiny miniature 'pocket' version. The one pictured on my site etc is owned by Clifford Ball and was originally made for my own show and is a bit larger. (Which Clifford also has). There were a couple of other Mighty Mammoths made...just a few out there.
And thanks Rich. Smile
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
A mini Mammoth! Even more amazing!
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5359 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Shouldn't the Mammoth be stored in a trunk?

(sorry)
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hello Autumn and Bryn. Thank-you for your replys.

I must mention.....that Doug...initially.....was very humble with his personal assessment of the mini Mammoth that he created for me. Without elaborating...he felt he could have done better. Not true IMO!!!. When I saw it first hand...I envisioned a wonderful display piece. [Hey Oz....even in a 'trunk' this baby would look good LOL] {P.S. I know you were just joshing Smile}

Below is another Higley I am proud to own. You will probably recognize her lovely countenance....she is featured on Doug's site, and also in his beautiful photographic book 'Museum:Mysteria'

Before ordering this beauty...I described to Doug the features I was looking for.

IMO...in true artist form....Doug met, and exceeded my expectations.

Thank-you!....Doug Higley.

http://tinyurl.com/cddzpqg

Rich
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
I love the photo of her on the ground amongst the leaves and had to laugh at the thought of some unsuspecting hiker coming face to face with her. Oh to be a fly on the wall.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
I have 2 'zibs and one being 'Doug up' by the man himself. I look at them often and wonder, what is it!?!
With all of the crap going on in the world these days it's nice to see someone leave the tent with a great
smile plastered on their faces.

Thanks Doug Smile
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Following Doug's call to arms (or should that be 'call to heads') on FB, I've ordered the 3 no evil set. Looking forward to trying it out before showing the audience the actual shrunky head. I like the idea of having both 3 no evil and the dark museum as presentation options.
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1348 Posts

Profile of handa
Quote:
On 2013-03-05 04:44, Brynmore13 wrote:
Following Doug's call to arms (or should that be 'call to heads') on FB, I've ordered the 3 no evil set. Looking forward to trying it out before showing the audience the actual shrunky head. I like the idea of having both 3 no evil and the dark museum as presentation options.

Agreed! I carry my set in leather envelope at all times, and have the sculpted props on hand when I want a more striking visual impact. The sculpted pieces also add atmosphere to other routines.

Chris
ThatsJustWrong!
View Profile
Special user
My flying monkeys are perched on
626 Posts

Profile of ThatsJustWrong!
And don't forget his Voice Over work! He did a new intro for me last year and he was a joy to work with. A professional intro makes a huge difference when there's no experienced emcee to introduce you.
Joe Leo

All entertainers can benefit from some help from an experienced stage director. How about you?

www.MisfitMysteries.com
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
What more can be said of the man, the myth, the legend that is the Phantom of the Midway? Like all of you I have a collection of Higley props, voice overs and such...and don't lets forget Traps a Monte Mental as a straight magic meets sideshow meets mentalism script!
Currently the Phantom is making two more custom bits for my next ghost tour!

All Hail The Hig!

p.s. He is also a lover of movies both good and bad and a top level cranky old man politically. FYI.
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
Cris Cringle
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Cris Cringle
G'Day

Anyone heard from Doug Lately? I have just placed an order for a Zib.. And wanted to clarify a problem I had with checkout. I am sure looking forward to one of these mini creatures as part of my act.

C
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
He always gets back. Not sure but it looks like Higley isn't making full size 'zibits any more. Sad.
Cris Cringle
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Cris Cringle
Quote:
On 2013-10-12 22:09, JAlenS wrote:
He always gets back. Not sure but it looks like Higley isn't making full size 'zibits any more. Sad.

Yeah from what I read he isn't making the full size ones but the mini ones are still for sale on his website.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
I have all of the mini-zibs save for the fish. I should have ordered some eyeballs a couple of months ago. Great stuff!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » In praise of Doug Higley (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL