The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The WHITE BOX (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Where did the thread go!??!!?

I wanted to say I received mine recently from Eric - and it is EXCELLENT in design - nice and modern looking - and all Om'd up to the max. I will report more once I use it in real action - but its nice and light, and looks unsuspicious... I usually use the Mentalist Dream Box - and have a few other whackier billet boxes (heh, I took a Chameleon and turned it into a Hellraiser style box)... the WHITE BOX I can see using for more general corp events...but I'm getting the vibe for futuristic themes too... I need a technocool light LED lock...hmm

Anyway, Eric like always was excellent in communication, quickly sent it, and it arrived well packed!

bravo sir!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3054 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Thanks! Very happy to hear that you like "The White Box."
The feedback, so far, has been really terrific!

I was very happy to have had the confidence of so many performers/Cafe members that I managed to sell all the White Boxes that I had on hand within about 24 hours of my announcing its release.
They all shipped last week to points all over the globe.
I've since had so many more requests, that I've done a second production run at the pre-release price (half of which are already spoken for).

BTW, the thread(s) didn't disappear, there was one in Penny:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

And one in Inner Thoughts
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=82

Stay tuned for more on "The White Box," as well as the official release of an entirely different routine that I've spent years performing and honing - "Thought-Slicing!"

e
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3105 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Quote:
On 2013-02-06 21:54, eSamuels wrote:
Thanks! Very happy to hear that you like "The White Box."
The feedback, so far, has been really terrific!

I was very happy to have had the confidence of so many performers/Cafe members that I managed to sell all the White Boxes that I had on hand within about 24 hours of my announcing its release.
They all shipped last week to points all over the globe.
I've since had so many more requests, that I've done a second production run at the pre-release price (half of which are already spoken for).

BTW, the thread(s) didn't disappear, there was one in Penny:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

And one in Inner Thoughts
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=82

Stay tuned for more on "The White Box," as well as the official release of an entirely different routine that I've spent years performing and honing - "Thought-Slicing!"

e

Eric is a great guy to deal with, I had the pleasure to have a sneak peek on "Thought-Slicing" and is a killer effect! (and I got a white box too!)
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3054 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Thanks, Luca!
Really looking forward to seeing what you can do with The White Box (you have a very devious mind)!

Good news.....just got back from my manufacturer, this morning, with another half-dozen boxes (3 of which are spoken for).
This will be the absolute last run before the official release and the price goes up. So, if you are interested, they will be shipping this coming week.

Cheers,

e
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
Well, I just picked this up and I have to say that I could not be any happier! Not only was Eric a great guy to deal with (when shipping was less than he expected, he refunded the difference - on his own, nothing was asked - he is just that honest!), but the box itself far surpassed my expectations.

The thing is functional art.

It is easy to use, deceptive (I must have spent five minutes peering down into the box through the slit at the top and the white on white really interferes with your depth perception), and thoroughly professional. This thing is truly beautiful.

I've since read the manual that Eric created and sent along with it - and that made me frown. Why? Because it is packed with so much good information, that I now am in doubt as to whether I will use it as I had planned. His routining with this is so far ahead of what I had intended (my ideas were humdrum in comparison), that I realized that I am really going to have to sit back and give this some serious thought before using it.

He has an idea regarding using this as part of a book test that really appealed to me, but it was his Q and A approach with this set me to thinking about the way that I will now probably use this and - let me tell you - there will be NO doubts that I can read minds.

There was nothing about this transaction that made me wish that something was slightly different. There was no minor detail that I decided that I'd just have to live with, there was no issue with service or any of those millions of little things that can go wrong. This thing was just perfect!

I can't recommend it enough - especially if you work on stage. Top marks!

Best,

Atlas
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10616 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Eric's White Box and the extremely detailed instructions and Routines which come with it are marvelous...

I will be using this one of these days as I continue to develop my stage work.

Thank you Eric - one of the best guys on the Café!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1129 Posts

Profile of caigy
Eric showed me the detail and workmanship of this...it is beautiful and I agree with Atlas and Dr.Spektor 100%, it is a Stage/Corporate workers' dream!

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com www.MagicSiteUK.com
Atlas
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Atlas
I just wanted to drop in with an update. I finally decided how I wanted to use this and closed my show with it last Saturday. It went wonderfully and everyone was talking about the effect after the show. It was above suspicion entirely and I can't recommend it enough. Not only was the box itself fantastic, but Eric's notes really changed my thinking regarding how to use it. It is absolutely worth every penny.

Thanks very much Eric!

Best,

Atlas
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3054 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Great to hear, Atlas!

I've been having some tremendous fun and getting great reactions with it in my own shows.
Because most of the audience is involved, it invariably gets a special layer of attention when you use it.
And because it allows for such a wide range of 'reveals,' it's ideal for just about any point in your show, including the closer.
In fact, I'm finishing up a new demo video for my performance web site, which includes a clip of my favorite all-time reveal (which I reference in the accompanying booklet)!

Cheers,

e
thecharlatan
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of thecharlatan
Do my eyes deceive me, or is this the box used in Derren's new show 'infamous'?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10616 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 05:38, thecharlatan wrote:
Do my eyes deceive me, or is this the box used in Derren's new show 'infamous'?

Now that IS interesting... although I'm sure Derren and his Nyman led staff are fully capable of creating their own props for his shows.

Maybe similar?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3054 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Actually, Derren has always used whatever tools are required of his shows, regardless of source.
Some are 'off-the-shelf' products from the the same sources from whom we all buy our props.
Others have been custom made - often with some form of confidentiality/exclusivity agreement.

I recall during Evening Of Wonder, he used a readily available Losander item, something from Owen, and a popular prop from Wellington.

e
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3054 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
I had a special request for a Black Box version, so I produced two of them (the one in picture hasn't had the handle installed yet).

sly2272
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of sly2272
WOW. Thank you Eric for a great proffessional product. I performed it on the weekend for a huge crowd doing a triple prediction routine, and it killed. Your WHITE BOX is made for the working Proffesional. Fantastic thinking and built great. Also the ebook with it is worth the price alone. I can't say enough about it. Anyone ordering from Eric will receive top draw customer service. This guy is a prince.

Thanks again.
Edward Stone
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3054 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
Thanks for the kind words, Ed.
So happy to hear about the reactions!

For anyone who has been waiting (I've been out of stock for the last month), I have 6 boxes on their way for the end of this week.
This will likely be the last production run for a while.
These are the shiny white version with the newer design earth magnet closure.
If you'd like any more information, just send me a PM.

Cheers,

Eric
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
That seems really great, I can't see where did DB used it in infamous

I have a question regarding the fact of forcing a billet, is there a way to force a billet that have been written by a spectator ? imp device ? pre show ? is it possible to add billets in front of the spectators ?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10616 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2014, Ypnoze wrote:
That seems really great, I can't see where did DB used it in infamous

I have a question regarding the fact of forcing a billet, is there a way to force a billet that have been written by a spectator ? imp device ? pre show ? is it possible to add billets in front of the spectators ?

Maybe I missed something but who said DB used a white box?
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
397 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
Few posts above and You even answered the post where it has been said Smile
eSamuels
View Profile
Inner circle
3054 Posts

Profile of eSamuels
As much as I would have loved to have had the opportunity to provide Derren with a White Box, we have made no such arrangement.
Perhaps the phone will ring when he hears new of TableVision!

e
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of VIEW
The White box is the most practical, useful, innocent looking switching box for the corporate performer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The WHITE BOX (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL