The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Peek-a-Boo Bunny (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I like the effect. I already have too many rabbits effects in my act. Instead of using Run Rabbit Run, I use Run Dino Run. I changed Afraidy Cat Rabbit to Afraidy Cat Frog. I am presently using Sponge Rabbits, a Rabbit Puppet and a rabbit appearance effect. I was thinking about making my own with a different animal.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I'm with you, Mike. I wish that fewer props had the rabbit theme. I get that it's a symbol related to magic, but variety is nice.

Then again, when people like you and I make props without rabbits, it helps to make our programs different and sets us apart from the pack.
QuailCreek
View Profile
Veteran user
McKenna, WA
387 Posts

Profile of QuailCreek
Based upon this thread I ordered one yesterday. Looking forward to working with it. Fortunately I don't have a plethora of performing bunnies.
Regards,
Silverthorne
frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
496 Posts

Profile of frankieacemagic
Hey Dynamike! What kind of rabbit puppet do you use? A rabbit in hat puppet? I bought one from Abbot's a few months ago, and it wasn't good. Top heavy and horrible shedding. Nothing like it used to be. Or do you use a rabbit puppet with no hat?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I don't know the manufacture. I use the same brand Benny uses:

frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
496 Posts

Dynamike, is this it?? Toward the bottom of the page??

http://www.larocks.com/puppets/puppets.htm
frankieacemagic
View Profile
Elite user
496 Posts

Sorry everyone. Done hijacking the post. I too use peekaboo bunny in almost every show. As Robin said, it plays so well with 4-6 year olds. I've found that 7 or maybe 8 year olds begin to tire of it a bit more quickly. But not always. Obviously depends on the personality of the crowd. I like what Tommy James does to the prop. He outlines the slot where the bunny rests on BOTH surfaces so the disappearance looks more realistic. Cliffd, I love that silk idea. I'll definitely try that out to make the effect more magical. Thanks for sharing that!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On May 17, 2014, frankieacemagic wrote:

Yes. But the photo shows the hat inside out compared to mine.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On May 18, 2014, Dynamike wrote:

Yes. But the photo shows the hat inside out compared to mine.

With my hat the playing cards design is on the outside. The inside of the hat is black. On the photo it is vice versa.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
747 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I could be wrong but the Rabbit in Hat in the video and the photo looks like the one from:

http://www.wondersofj.com/puppet.html
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You are correct, Jimmy. The only difference is the inside of mine is black. The manufacture does not make all with the same pattern.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On May 17, 2014, frankieacemagic wrote:

Now that I notice the price, that seems like a different manufacture. I got mine for $75. The link Jimmy provided matches mine more.
garyogden1957
View Profile
Loyal user
279 Posts

Profile of garyogden1957
Can you get this in the U.K.?

Quote:
On Feb 7, 2013, shpf100 wrote:
I don't think you'll be disappointed, I got one and love it. I had used fraidy cat rabbit-similar to capehart's routine previously and really enjoy the back and forth with the kids it gets, but in the end it's a sucker trick and one kid in particular always gets the worst of it. With Peek a boo bunny it's just as in the demo-the kids are all laughing and having fun, not trying to prove you wrong-I like that.
equivoque
View Profile
Special user
736 Posts

Profile of equivoque
There is a wooden version on the market. Anyone know who makes it?
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1431 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, equivoque wrote:
There is a wooden version on the market. Anyone know who makes it?

This was the original model offered by Silly Billy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Peek-a-Boo Bunny (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL