We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ink'A'Change by Victor Sanz (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1340 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Seems to be sold out everywhere I look.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

Tracy Guillory [aka ProfessorWhut]
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
689 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 16:52, professorwhut wrote:
Seems to be sold out everywhere I look.

There are a couple for sale on eBay

Charlie
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
Hey everybody, we at balcony productions are so happy that we got worker of the week and such a great review!
And by the way we have some units left at http://www.balconyproductions.com Smile

I'd like to answer some questions and speak about the problems some of you seem to have.

@jker1104
you can use any normal deck of cards you have, but we recommend a red backed deck, because the ink is more visible on red then on blue for example, but basically it doesn't matter, use any deck!

concerning the visibility and the noise:
everything is covered on the DVD, there's also a troubleshooting included.

when performed right the gimmick isn't visible, the noise is also minimizable!
The DVD also teaches how you have 100% control of the gimmick, you decide exactly when the magic happens and when not!

@the merlin of margate
with Ink'A'Change you can also do a Cardiographic style effect and the reset is literally instant.
You can approach a group/table any way you want, do any effect you want and Ink'A'Change will be ready waiting for you in your pocket
and whenever you need it you take out your stack of business cards and go straight into your routine!

hope that answers some questions!
If you have any other questions I would be happy to cover them!

All the best

Nico
www.balconyproductions.com
Be Creative. Be Unique.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2565 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Hi Nico,

Does this concept work the same with coloured back business cards?

Mine are lime green - and, having just got a vey large run printed, don't really want to order a new supply!

Many thanks, in advance, for your (honest) appraisal.
Barry Allen

"The Rules of the Sleight-of-Hand Artist, are three and all others are vain; the first and second are 'practice', and the third one is 'practice again'.

Edward Victor 1936
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I haven't located it anywhere. Penguin says it's expected back in stock May 1st. Maybe with the WPR review, they can get it quicker. The lads were gobsmacked over this.
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Can you use a stack of post-it notes to do the effect?
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1340 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I am surprised that Nico did not address the availability issue.
I will be getting this...someday.

LukeBrady
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of LukeBrady
Gonna have to check it out!
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10434 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 21:54, LukeBrady wrote:
Gonna have to check it out!

Ya you just had to text me today about this huh?

Luke - your playing on my weaknesses!

This looks so cool - no surprise that Alexander Kolle was involved.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Yes please if someone could answer a query if there is a limitation to what the reverse side colour - non writing side can be? someone has said that if its plain white the gimmick will flash more? If for example the back of the bc is black would this be ok?
Thanks
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 14:59, niva wrote:
I say stay away from this. The one time I took the plunge and bought something without first reading some reviews I got busted.

It's sad to see people like Alexander Kolle (he's a great magician) behind this.

The gimmick is visible and is not silent either. In a less noisy situation it can be easily heard. To top it all off, the gimmick is not 100% reliable. It might go off unexpectedly on you.

niva, I missed your comments. A bit of noise I can handle, but the gimmick being visible and going off on its own would be a downside.

Maybe when Dave and Craig use it at a gig, they can report back.
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Well I was sold on the review I haven't seen Dave and Craig this exited about a product for a while
Ordered it just hope it's in stock impression was it is and a freebie as well as its worker of the week
parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
Hey guys
@Merc Man
you can basically use any kind of business cards as long as you can see the ink of your marker on the card it's just fine! you can even use black business cards (@PRINCE Smile ) when you use a silver sharpie for example.
when done correctly nobody will see anything.
@JCheng
you could use a stack of post-it notes, but it's not explained on the DVD! We covered business cards and playing cards, but if you think about it a little you will figure out how to use post-its.
@professorwhut
I wrote that we have some left on our site http://www.balconyproductions.com/products/inkachange.htm you can order from there! Smile
@Zombie Magic
as I said when done correctly the gimmick isn't visible and you have complete control of when the change happens.
Noone ever saw the gimmick when I was performing it, nor when Alex or Victor performed it!

in blackpool this year we showed it to some magicians and even they were fooled from seeing it live.

so I hope every question covered so far Smile

All the best

Nico
www.balconyproductions.com
Be Creative. Be Unique.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10434 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I just shared a PM with one of the posters here on this thread who bought this & thinks Ink A'Change is a great effect... and noise is not a big issue with the right cover or setting.

I trust this person based on past experience - looking forward to hearing more.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 10:30, parkrocker wrote:
@Zombie Magic
as I said when done correctly the gimmick isn't visible and you have complete control of when the change happens.
Noone ever saw the gimmick when I was performing it, nor when Alex or Victor performed it!

Thank you Nico!

Congratulations on the WPR Worker Of The Week award!
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1340 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
I am going to wait to order when a U.S. dealer has it in stock.
I was referring to U.S. dealers in my above posts.

liampower
View Profile
Regular user
australia
187 Posts

Profile of liampower
Hi,

I was wondering if someone could let me know if the drawing that changes has to be the same shape e.g. 1 card changes to another. Or can the drawings be totally different e.g. so ones name changes into a card.

Thanks
the merlin of margate
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of the merlin of margate
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 17:17, parkrocker wrote:
Hey everybody, we at balcony productions are so happy that we got worker of the week and such a great review!
And by the way we have some units left at http://www.balconyproductions.com Smile

I'd like to answer some questions and speak about the problems some of you seem to have.

@jker1104
you can use any normal deck of cards you have, but we recommend a red backed deck, because the ink is more visible on red then on blue for example, but basically it doesn't matter, use any deck!

concerning the visibility and the noise:
everything is covered on the DVD, there's also a troubleshooting included.

when performed right the gimmick isn't visible, the noise is also minimizable!
The DVD also teaches how you have 100% control of the gimmick, you decide exactly when the magic happens and when not!

@the merlin of margate
with Ink'A'Change you can also do a Cardiographic style effect and the reset is literally instant.
You can approach a group/table any way you want, do any effect you want and Ink'A'Change will be ready waiting for you in your pocket
and whenever you need it you take out your stack of business cards and go straight into your routine!

hope that answers some questions!
If you have any other questions I would be happy to cover them!

All the best

Nico

many thanks for the reply, this helps. To be honest I don't put too much store on the WPR's I would much rather hear reviews from people actually using this in the real world. It does look awesome though!!
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1335 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
[quote]On 2013-04-05 05:36, the merlin of margate wrote:
Quote:
To be honest I don't put too much store on the WPR's I would much rather hear reviews from people actually using this in the real world. It does look awesome though!!

Craig and david are too of the busiest magicians in th uk, so I'm sure they do or plan to use it in the real world. Whether you chose to agree woth their opinion is up to you though. I've just got this and will post my thoughts soon.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1335 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
So this arrived today and I looked at the dvd with a puzzled look on my face having seen the gimmick material. E.g. I still had no idea. Having watched the dvd,i think the WPR was spot on. It's practical, as visual as it appears on the demo and very clean. You make the gimmick yourself and have enough material to make a fair few gimmicks if you like. The gimmick will take five minutes maximum to make.

In terms of it "going off early", this is covered in the dvd but there is a slim possibiltyof this happening I think but highly unlikely if you do this correctly. In terms of noise, there is some. In a bar, this'd bever be noticed. In a quieter venue you would need to cover noise but again, this is easy as you have one free hand to click fingers with.

In summary this is really clever and useable. Sadly for me, there is a "but". Nothing to do with ad copy or product. However, I purchased this in a hurry after WPR and overlooked the fact I have ordered new cards with a large circle on the back along with a qr code in one corner. I could probably still do trick but there would be limitations. If you have mainly plain background on card, you'll be fine. If there is some writing on edges, fine also. My card is perhaps a bit too busy. Like I said. My own stupid oversight.

In summary. I dount too many people will be dissapointed with this. I think its great, albeit not useable with my cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ink'A'Change by Victor Sanz (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL