We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ink'A'Change by Victor Sanz (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3530 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Paul,
Thanks for the review. I just purchased this and I'm excited to get it.
KJ
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10428 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Has anyone else gotten this?

More thoughts or reviews/tips?

Mine just arrived from Germany today Smile

This dropped way back on the threads - is that because few can get their hands on this?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 23:46, saysold1 wrote:

This dropped way back on the threads - is that because few can get their hands on this?

What do you think to it?
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Magic... coast to coast, here's to another...
334 Posts

Profile of Silver Glove Magic
I am intrigued by this effect. What's the latest insight on this one folks? I am considering ordering.
Posting ever so slightly.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10428 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-04-17 01:42, Sean Giles wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-16 23:46, saysold1 wrote:

What do you think to it?

Hi Sean - haven't had time to even open the package honestly. Will look at it this weekend. Mine came directly from Balcony Prods.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Good luck with experimenting, and hopefully will read a good positive review...
ABK-Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
271 Posts

Profile of ABK-Magic
Hey Bratt,

you already got it? That was kinda fast. I wish you a lot of fun with it. When I sent out the order I didn't realize it was you. Otherwise I would have put in something special for you. Ok the next time then Smile
BTW...we have enough INK'A'CHANGE left in stock here at the Balcony head quarter.

All the best to all of you and thanks a lot for your support

Alex
BE CREATIVE! BE UNIQUE!
www.balconyproductions.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10428 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 06:15, ABK-Magic wrote:
Hey Bratt,

you already got it? That was kinda fast. I wish you a lot of fun with it. When I sent out the order I didn't realize it was you. Otherwise I would have put in something special for you. Ok the next time then Smile
BTW...we have enough INK'A'CHANGE left in stock here at the Balcony head quarter.

All the best to all of you and thanks a lot for your support

Alex

Yes Alex it was me !!! Smile

Well to make you feel a little better you somehow DID put something special as a little gift in the package - some extra cards I think in a little envelope?

So THANK YOU my friend - and I am just quite busy now and haven't had the time to mess with this quite yet. But I am excited.

And yes it did arrive quick - considering the slow international mail service these last years. I was hoping to use this at a gig a few weeks ago but no matter as I need some time to absorb anyway.

Best to you - anyone thinking of getting this can always order direct from Alex and Balcony Productions.
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1067 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Just finished watching the DVD I love the explanation Alex gives over the slight noise issue "that's what magic sounds like" Genius
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Rats, this effect is out of stock everywhere. Suggestions anyone?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10428 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Buy directly from the creator - Balcony Production. Mine arrived from Germany to USA in less than 10 days. Not too bad...

Still haven't opened the package yet - I'm learning a 4 page script for an upcoming show and it is my highest priority until show day.

http://www.balconyproductions.com/
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Hocus Pocus shipped my order today, so they now have it in stock unless they sold out again. I would check with them via eMail to make sure....

Penguin has the best price by far, but it's not expected back in stock until May 20th.

:bat:
Silver Glove Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
334 Posts

Appreciate that URL Say Sold!
fcchief1
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
Hocus Pocus does not have this in stock. I ordered last night as well as a couple other items. Their site showed them all in stock, yet I got an email today stating all 3 items I tried to order were not in stock! Maybe they should follow Penguin Magic's lead, if the item is out of stock, it will not let you order it!!
Guess I will be waiting like everyone else, and do not want to pay the extra for overseas shipping!
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Hocus Pocus claims to have shipped mine yesterday (ordered 2 weeks ago), but nothing is showing up yet on the USPS Tracking Site.

BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Opened up the package at work today, and I said to myself, "More of that stuff, eh?"

I just watched the first 10 minutes of the DVD, and I had to stop and come here to say "WOW"!

I've been awake since 5:30 this morning and I really need some sleep, but darn it, this is going to be one of those long nights again!

parkrocker
View Profile
Regular user
Nuremberg, Germany
170 Posts

Profile of parkrocker
Great to hear you like it bats! Smile
If you like feel free to post your oppinion on it!
Would love to hear what you think.

Regards
Nico
www.balconyproductions.com
Be Creative. Be Unique.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2067 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

I have two questions:

1. Rather than one design appear in place of another, can you begin with a "blank" card and have some word or design "appear"?

2. Can the appearance be done "face-down" so that it is not seen by the volunteer until the card is turned over?

Thanks.

Regards, Steve
Suux88
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of Suux88
Quote:
On 2013-04-26 11:04, yachanin wrote:
Hi All,

I have two questions:

1. Rather than one design appear in place of another, can you begin with a "blank" card and have some word or design "appear"?

2. Can the appearance be done "face-down" so that it is not seen by the volunteer until the card is turned over?

Thanks.

Regards, Steve

1. Can't really start blank because black art is used to conceal gimmick
2. Can't be done face down because you will see gimmick
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Hi Bats Smile,

Would you be able to offer a detailed review? It seems like we have until May 24th to make up our mind if we are going to order from Penguin but some might think it worth paying the higher price from overseas to have it sooner if a very detailed review gave it a mostly "Thumbs Up"!

saysold1 and Zombie are behind it, it seems, so I am already sold but a few possible "downsides" such as "noise" have been mentioned I was hoping one of the magicians could give sort of an: "I did Ink-A-Change in the confessional for my priest and he BARELY heard it" Smile example of his own out-in-public response.

I am focusing on the "sound" part of the illusion because I purchased 2 MICRO PSYCHICs and, as fun as they are, I wish they could be silent. People still mostly enjoy the "magic" of Micro Pyschic but, due to the sound, some sometimes suspect it isn't a normal nut and bolt.
I can usually "cover" the sound by explaining God gifted me with an X-Men like power: "Vibration". I have this rare ability to make my eyes "vibrate" rapidly from side to side which looks sort of...spooky...and crazy, but it's almost as if the Lord made me that way JUST so I could have a great lead-in to Micro-Psychic! I "vibrate" my eyes as the nut slowly turns and drops and few people ever question the sound they've heard--it was my "vibrating power" of course transferrin out through my fingers. Smile

Usually my "vibrating eyes" don't cause me embarassment. However, I've "vibrated my eyes" on one or two occasions where a spectator's eyes got VERY wide and they backed up saying: "Get AWAY from me!" One fella even held up his fingers making the "sign of the cross" as he slowly backed away desperately searching for a clove of garlic to throw at me. Smile (Ok, just teasing there, THAT hasn't happened yet)

I don't think my eyes would help though in this instance if INK-A-CHANGE is sort of on the noisy side. Still, I have confidence that one of the magicians will have a perfect cover, for any noise that might be a small issue, that maybe hasn't already been taught or suggested...or maybe the perfect solution IS in the DVD.---would just like to hear that confirmed by someone relating a one-on-one type of performance experience done in a quiet setting. (I'm trying to nail it down for us Magic Maddy Smile)

I don't have the illusion yet so the best I can offer is a "GUEST-TI-MATE" review, sometimes known as a "HE HAS NO CLUE WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT REVIEW":

OFFICIAL GUESS-TI-MATE REVIEW:

THE PROS (derived completely from the plagiarized thoughts of Café Magicians who actually have INK A CHANGE):

[quote]On 2013-02-07 18:25, ABK-Magic wrote:

Hey Judah,
this is trick is not mine, so it is nothing similar to Hawk or Xtension. He showed it to us and we were really impressed by the method and it is really practical and always ready to perform.
I am sure you will like it.

[quote]On 2013-02-08 06:12, WeiserSide1 wrote:
Hey Café members!

Ink'a'Change is now available at Penguin magic!...I have used this effect for the last year now, it is extremely versatile and very deceptive..I have fooled many layman as well as magicians with this masterpiece

[quote]On 2013-02-08 16:27, Judah Vee wrote:
OK... Just watched the DVD and my initial thoughts are this: I like it.

The gimmick is well hidden and after the change is so far away from the card you hand out that there is no heat to worry about. It is one card thick so its not bulky…. There is some noise, but after making a quick gimmick I find it minimal and covered in several ways.

It is definitely a 'paper crane moment' in construction, but Alex constructs one from start to finish in about three minutes with good instruction. So that's not really an issue.

Reset is instant.

[quote]On 2013-04-05 12:34, Paul S Wingham wrote:
So this arrived today and I looked at the dvd with a puzzled look on my face having seen the gimmick material. E.g. I still had no idea. Having watched the dvd,i think the WPR was spot on. It's practical, as visual as it appears on the demo and very clean. You make the gimmick yourself and have enough material to make a fair few gimmicks if you like. The gimmick will take five minutes maximum to make.

[quote]On 2013-04-04 10:34, saysold1 wrote:
I just shared a PM with one of the posters here on this thread who bought this & thinks Ink A'Change is a great effect... and noise is not a big issue with the right cover or setting.

I trust this person based on past experience - looking forward to hearing more.

[quote]On 2013-04-07 19:47, Astrocity wrote:

I sold my copy because I already had the materials necessary to build the gimmick and once I saw the procedure, it was pretty straightforward…

…Also, let me address the "noise" issue that has been brought up. It was addressed in the DVD as pointed out above, and in your presentation of the reveal, a very simple action, one that makes perfect sense in the context of performing the effect, is all it takes to address that.

[quote]On 2013-04-25 22:15, BatsMagic wrote:
Opened up the package at work today, and I said to myself, "More of that stuff, eh?"

I just watched the first 10 minutes of the DVD, and I had to stop and come here to say "WOW"!

[quote]On 2013-02-08 14:03, ABK-Magic wrote:
You can perform this hundred or thousand of times before you need anything extra. You only need your own business cards or playing cards, the rest is in the package!

All the best

Alex

To Summarize the PROS:

#1 “INK-A-CHANGE” delivers the illusion exactly as we see it in the Video Demos and the magicians who have it like the effect’s visual impact so much that they believe the power of the impact overrides a “noise” issue that they believe can be dealt with—no problem.

#2 It is possible to quickly build your own gimmick —YAY TEAM !! The “Mc Gyver” in all of us LOVES being able to build the magic we perform and not have to re-purchase gimmicks.

#3 If anything ever DOES need to be repurchased, it won’t be until hundreds of performances later.

#4 The DVD’s contents are straight forward and easy to learn.

#5 Reset is instant

#6 EXTREMELY unlikely the gimmick would be discovered

#7 If you are Brett you get special free stuff Smile

THE CONS (Also derived completely from the plagiarized thoughts of Café Magicians who actually have INK A CHANGE):

[quote]On 2013-04-03 14:59, niva wrote:
I say stay away from this. The one time I took the plunge and bought something without first reading some reviews I got busted.

It's sad to see people like Alexander Kolle (he's a great magician) behind this.

The gimmick is visible and is not silent either. In a less noisy situation it can be easily heard. To top it all off, the gimmick is not 100% reliable. It might go off unexpectedly on you.

[quote]On 2013-04-07 19:47, Astrocity wrote:

…What you may find if your cards have a thick or highly glossy coat finish, is that the gimmick can have issues staying until you want to do the reveal. As I said, common sense told me what to try and it worked like a charm.

[quote]On 2013-02-08 16:27, Judah Vee wrote:

OK... Just watched the DVD and my initial thoughts are this: I like it.

….If I had to name a few downsides, and these are only IMHO, is that you cant do it with just one or a few cards, you definitely need a stack of cards. And if your cards are white on both sides the gimmick is not camouflaged very well after the effects. On Alex's cards it is hidden well, on mine, not so much. BUT that is not a large issue as there is no real need to show where the gimmick ends up. And Alex provides a clean up that covers it. People who buy it will understand my comment. The only other small issue is the noise, but like I said, there are plenty of way to cover.

[quote]On 2013-04-05 12:34, Paul S Wingham wrote:
So this arrived today and I looked at the dvd with a puzzled look on my face having seen the gimmick material. E.g. I still had no idea. Having watched the dvd,i think the WPR was spot on. It's practical, as visual as it appears on the demo and very clean. You make the gimmick yourself and have enough material to make a fair few gimmicks if you like. The gimmick will take five minutes maximum to make.

In terms of it "going off early", this is covered in the dvd but there is a slim possibiltyof this happening I think but highly unlikely if you do this correctly. In terms of noise, there is some. In a bar, this'd bever be noticed. In a quieter venue you would need to cover noise but again, this is easy as you have one free hand to click fingers with.

To Summarize the CONS:

#1 It isn’t completely silent, at least not in quiet settings.

#2 Not every kind of card is ideal to use

#3 There is at least a “slim” possibility of the device going off early

#4 At least one magician isn’t convinced that the device won’t be seen

#6 To date we’ve had credible recommendations and praise from trustworthy magicians
BUT, so far, no REALLLYYYY in-depth review of the type saysold1 and Zombie and Ustaad sometimes offer.

#7 Balcony Production didn’t make enough units during initial manufacture…come on guys..you had to KNOW most people were going to love it!

#8 Balcony should try to stay close to Penguin pricing as much as possible, if possible.

#9 I’m not Brett Smile

I hope this “OFFICIAL” : “HE HAS NO CLUE REVIEW” was helpful. Smile

your friend,
Alex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ink'A'Change by Victor Sanz (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL