The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Is there a thread on honest deals? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff J.
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
787 Posts

Profile of Jeff J.
I have a alot things to trade right now, and will soom be trading/selling things I haven't used. I am keeping many that fit my act, and trading some that are excellent, but don't fit my act.

I got a PM from someone who was trading here on the Café. He said he sent his magic, but hasn't recieved his trade in 6 weeks. He also said his PM's go unanswered.

I have yet to ship anything yet, although I will when I recieve what I bargained for. I am wondering if there is a thread for people who don't keep there word about trading/selling in a timely manner (if at all.

I personally will send that I agree to in the next buisinees day, since I have the item ready to ship.

Can anyone help so I know who to deal with?

Jeff
JSMagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Boston
202 Posts

Profile of JSMagic
Its buy at your own risk. The Café people don't have anything to do with the transactions. I will PM you about some of your stuff, I have people I have traded/sold to as references if you'd like. Josh
If a magician is not intending to "trick" a spectator, why is every "trick" called a magic "trick"?
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I actually got ripped off once. I sent him my tricks then never heard from him again. One percaution is to ask him if he has ever traded with someone else before and PM those people.
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Another is to check the number of posts. Chances are if somebody has over 300 posts he will not rip you off.
Chris Boyd
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield, TX
155 Posts

Profile of Chris Boyd
I also like to check the quality of a few of their posts. If they have only written about "how c00l david blane" is, and junk like that, then I won't buy from them, and I will only sell to them if they are paying with Paypal or a money order.
Chris Boyd
"Jaws dropping is the sweetest sound..."
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Before every transaction, I just pray Smile

But also noting, as others have said, the status of the member as well as their attitude towards magic is a good way to start.

Take care and all the best,

Logan
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
This issue has been addressed many times, including here:
Click here!
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Is there a thread on honest deals? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL