The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Client wants me to produce 5000 pound vehicle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cane and Able
View Profile
New user
The Great White North
79 Posts

Profile of Cane and Able
First idea was to use a Giant Tip over Trunk. Side angles may be a problem, but strong front lighting with camo would help. Plus, I have to price in the fact they would need to build a stage for this, etc.... Any suggestions on what illusion to use? Vehicle is too loud to move on the stage so production box will have to move around it.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
BA. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
nathanernest
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of nathanernest
Black art? The name doesn't give away anything dude.

To OP. What is the vehicle? How much money? How many crew do you have availble to you?
---------
Nath
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3211 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Why 5000 pounds? Is someone going to weigh it after you produce it? Does it have to have an internal combustion engine in it rather than a quiet electric motor? If you can modify some of the requirements, you might end up with a light fiberglass shell of a car that is much easier to move around and produce under YOUR terms.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
5000# is more of a problem for the stage weight bearing than the method. We just did a show with small track excavator being produced. We had to put 3/4 plywood down so we did not hurt the stage floor.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Cane and Able
View Profile
New user
The Great White North
79 Posts

Profile of Cane and Able
Vehicle is a skid steer. Similar to a bob cat but larger. I've already thought of the stage support problem. Company has the abilitly to build their own stage for show since it's happening in one of their own hanger type buildings. Budget is around the 15 - 20k range. I like the fibreglass idea but proximity to audience may cause a problem after performance.
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
I have done this type of effect a number of times for various corporate clients - there are a few different ways to do this - if you are seriously interested give me call.

Rick

PS: Your budget realistically is not that great for something like this, not if you want to make money off of it.
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7390 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I agree with Rick on this one. Budget is not enough to make any money on.

Skid steer has to weigh less than an excavator. I know a guy that might want to sell his one we used for the excavator appearance. The staging still worries me especially with a built stage. We did it in a legitimate theater and still reinforced the floor.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Cane and Able
View Profile
New user
The Great White North
79 Posts

Profile of Cane and Able
Yes, the staging is a problem. Of course, they might have extra money for the production, but there may be too many problems with this to make it work to any degree that is satisfactory. I would have preferred a real theater setting too.
Chris Stolz
View Profile
Inner circle
Mississauga, Ontario
1957 Posts

Profile of Chris Stolz
I have a custom design for a vehicle appearance that I did several years ago for Porsch. It was never used due to a last minute budget cut, thus I still own the design. If you're interested let me know. It does use BA, however the set and such that I've designed do make it much easier. I should still have the images but if not and you're interested I'll re do some for you. Let me know.
john wills
View Profile
Special user
940 Posts

Profile of john wills
Google:
Individuelle Produkterscheinung-Andreas & Chris Ehrlich.

Bring in the stage in their hangar-type building.
But you have to re-think the budget, because you
have to rent all the equipment such as light, trusses,curtains etc.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Mad Jack
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Mad Jack
Good Luck.
MagicalMotivator
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of MagicalMotivator
That looks fantastic, it really does. But please keep in mind, just to record, videograph and edit what they did is a good part of this overall budget.

I guarantee what makes what you saw work is NOT the actual "magic" of making it appear, but creating the overall corporate illusion.

Rick
Rick Rossini The Magical Motivator
www.rossinimagic.com
www.magicalmotivator.com
Matt Adams
View Profile
Special user
Harvest, AL
827 Posts

Profile of Matt Adams
Call me crazy, but why not use the Magic Makers appearance? It's not much at all. Let them know your weight limits and they'd probably be able to help.

http://www.magicmakersillusions.com/#/il......41430259

Instagram: @mattadamsministries

Facebook: www.facebook.com/mattadamsministries
Cane and Able
View Profile
New user
The Great White North
79 Posts

Profile of Cane and Able
Yep. That looks fantastic with the tractor appearance. Wow. Thanks for the great input guys. I really appreciate it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Client wants me to produce 5000 pound vehicle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL