The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » App creators, Why not CHaSD? order (Comments from others welcome) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I have several Apps on my Ipod Touch that require that I remember which Icon or direction goes with each suit. In my magic experience I have found that in books and purchased tricks creators often use CHaSD order when possible just to make things a little more standard. This is very helpful to me because I don't ahve a particularly great memory.

So now I'm trying to learn Apps like Iforce and Theory 11's Rising Card and a few others but they use completely random placement of the suits. I'm looking through each of the instructions and trying to see if I can customize it to CHaSD but not having much luck.

Magic Shuffle by Tenyo shows a settings area called MARK that looks like it will let you re assign the suits but I can't figure out how to change anything. It seems to be frozen once you hit edit.

Am I wrong about CHaSD being somewhat standard?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Figured out how to change the Tenyo Magic Shuffle suit assignments. You have to touch the small icon on the right and hold it down until the row "rises", then you can drag it up of down. Very finniky.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Gui Del Frate
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Gui Del Frate
Hi, Mike!

My app PhotoPrediction uses CHaSD order. Here in Brazil this is more popular, thanks to the game "Truco". Upon requests, I am working on an update that will allow the magician to choose their own order.

Best,

Gui
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
CHaSeD is somewhat standard but so is SHoCkeD order. To me the latter has always made more sense in terms of numbering the suits, but the former is a bit more popular in the magic community. For apps that deal with suit ordering I've always found it best if you can pick your own order to make it easier. So, thanks in advance, Gui, looking forward to the new update!
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
I offer an option of CHaSeD, Shocked, or any order the user wants to use in my "No Freakin' Way" App.

Carl

mojosoftwareonline.com
Billman
View Profile
Loyal user
New hampshire
219 Posts

Profile of Billman
Ipredict comes standard with SHoCkeD order, but you can easily change that to CHaSeD in the settings menu. I also noticed this when I started using Ipredict.

Hope this helps,
Bill
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Carl Andrews,
No Freaking Way is a great card revalation app. I have one question though. After you perform the trick if you tap the lower part of the card you are back on the fake screen which is nice if you want to repeat the trick.

But what if you want to go straight to your actual screen?
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » App creators, Why not CHaSD? order (Comments from others welcome) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL