The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Axel Hecklau, One:Twist - Two: Fusion (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Sorry axel but I had to, because I was very excited
about this release:)
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I would be interested if this was available in Blue Bikes.
TheGreatRaymondo
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
969 Posts

Profile of TheGreatRaymondo
Looks good. Very good! Expensive but its on my list to check out at Blackpool.
We are inclined to believe those whom we do not know because they have not yet deceived us...
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On 2013-02-10 14:54, nonvpro wrote:

I would be interested to know why the back design is so important. I usually use red backed bikes but if you are taking a card letting them sign it. Then you tear it in half and put it back together the wrong way round I think the last thing they will be thinking is, hey I haven't seen this back design before.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-02-10 15:41, rowland wrote:
Quote:

I would be interested to know why the back design is so important. I usually use red backed bikes but if you are taking a card letting them sign it. Then you tear it in half and put it back together the wrong way round I think the last thing they will be thinking is, hey I haven't seen this back design before.

No, but switching deck designs for a trick can draw their attention.
Also, even more impractical would be switching what deck you use regularly.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Quote:
On 2013-02-10 15:41, rowland wrote:
Quote:

Maybe Rowland it's because people may have to buy extra decks (Phoenix deck I think) not sure you can get these in the uk but I maybe wrong .

Carl
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Hi cost could be an issue I like Axels stuff and I will probably get this. Card collection sell these decks as well as various matching gimmicked decks so I will prob end up getting one for this effect.
gdw has a point but if I want to do the effect from my point of view it will be worth buying a matching deck, I would prob do one quick effect and the go into this. I would also have preferred it in red bikes but I don't think it will stop me getting it if it is good enough.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Cheers for that Rowland , I buy my decks from card collections so if I get this I will get some from there , the anniversary waltz type effect looks the best one of the two for me .

Carl
Axel Hecklau
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin / Germany
116 Posts

Profile of Axel Hecklau
Here are some things you might consider:

First - you don´t need a full deck of cards to perform ONE:Twist, in fact with TWO:Fusion I don´t take the cards out of a deck but out of a smal wallet.
When you write on a card and start folding it people know, why you don´t use your deck.

When I do strolling magic I use the Jokers for ONE:Twist taken out of a bunch of Jokers.

When I perform ONE:Twist in a stand up show I ask for a (card) queen to be sawn in half and I take the choosen suit out of a red Phoenix deck. This is a stand alone routine and nobody cares about the backdesign.

I decided to print on Phoenix because IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO PRODUCE GAFFED GARDS WITH A BICYCLE BACKDESING ANYMORE the U.S. Playing Card Company simply don´t allows this :-(
I have the feeling not everyone knows this bad fact. The Bicycle gaffed cards you still can buy are from older stocks.
This fact was the main reason for card-shark - Christian Schenk to develope the Phoenix Deck with all possible gaffed cards you can think of (much more you ever could get from Bicycle). He did a great job.
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Quote:
On 2013-02-10 17:30, Axel Hecklau wrote:
I decided to print on Phoenix because IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO PRODUCE GAFFED GARDS WITH A BICYCLE BACKDESING ANYMORE the U.S. Playing Card Company simply don´t allows this :-(

You may be correct, but have you actually asked US Playing Card Company? I don't know for sure, but I was told a few years ago that they wouldn't allow gaffed cards that altered their back design (also the ace of spades design and one other thing I've forgotten).

If my information was correct (and it might not be), they will allow gaffed that change the face (except ace of spades) if the back remains exactly the same.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
No, they will not print half backs or anything like that on Rider backed cards anymore. Very annoying as I have an awesome trick which now needs to be printed on either Mandolins or Phoenix decks.

Having said that, I have really warmed up to Phoenix decks over the years. While at first the design was jarring (hard to change after years of being used to Bikes), I quite like the back design now. Christian does GREAT work, btw. He made the gaffs for my Wallet Transformer effect and they look awesome!

Anyway, this effect looks stunning. Congratulations, Axel. VERY nice work!
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
How much it's difference that Stephen Leathwaite "Torn Twist adn Restored"?
As I know Stephen's DVD came first on the market.

You can see the trailer below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-kNn4DPlFc

from the demo that I saw, Alex's version much cleaer but still the performe still have to sign the card on the other side of th card.
(otherwise that would be miracle, right?)
Axel Hecklau
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin / Germany
116 Posts

Profile of Axel Hecklau
I just published the uncut - slow - close-up performance of ONE:Twist.

http://www.axelhecklau-shop.com/lng/en/k......guage=en

It`s right below the general trailer now

Stephens version was developed independently. He and I discussed that last year on FISM.
I performed ONE:Twist in the close-up gala in Blackpool (Feb 2012) about two month before he published his version.

If you like to know the differences, just look at the uncut performance and you will see.
Barry Gitelson
View Profile
Special user
Kona Hawaii
973 Posts

Profile of Barry Gitelson
Very very nice.
"Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God." Author: Leo Buscaglia
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1696 Posts

Profile of rasmus
Awesome! I Will grab this Beauty at Blackpool, that's for Sure:)
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, CRAZY CARD CHANGE, POLTERGEIST, STEEL Stage Version,
X-RAY Stage Version
http://rasmusmagic.ch
david abel
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of david abel
Axel that looks absolutely brilliant. I thought I had managed to draw a line under my shopping list for Blackpool...and then you do this!!! Will definately be stopping by your stall. I bought just a cup which is equally brilliant. You put a lot of thought into your instructional DVDs. Can't wait to see this. I've watched this clip several times now. Stumped!!
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
So just to clarify this, the magician writes the names on the cards not the spectators, is that correct Axel?
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Looks great axel , might pick up one of those mustaches too .

carl
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Just watched the uncut performance. Unbelievable.

One question: Can that same card be handed out now for examination? I don't see how.

Robert
Axel Hecklau
View Profile
Regular user
Berlin / Germany
116 Posts

Profile of Axel Hecklau
Yes this card can be handed out as a souvenir!

And I describe on the DVD a version in which the spectator can write his name by himself on the card without touching me the cards (hint: OTL - but in an improved version).
I use this in a table hopping situation. But in my parlour show I prefer to write the name by myself - for the spectator it makes no difference because everybody knows that I have no chance to know the name in advance. The only important thing for the spectator is, that the card cannot be switched.
I tell the story of sawing a woman in half and a spectator has to choose a funny stage name for the lady - this way everybody knows there is no preknowledge and the choice sometimes is very funny.

And the timing during the performance is much better, because you don´t have to explain where to write and how, the control stays by me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Axel Hecklau, One:Twist - Two: Fusion (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL