We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Best Bill to Lemon for Busking? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1261 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
I'd stick with CHOP by Petty without the TT. Such a hard hitting routine and oh so easy to perform. I find the lemon to pack more of a WOW factor than a balloon. A fruit that's been grown on gods green earth that stimulates their senses (touch, smell, etc). I've made quite a bit of money using lemons as well. I also carry wipes to clean any excess off. In most cases spectators could care less. Bills go through so much turbulence in life that it's really not something to be concerned about. They won't be upset, they're jaw will be on the floor and you will probably have their bill to keep. Go for CHOP buddy! But if anybody has any TT advice for a bill in lemon routine using Canadian bills please enlighten us!
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
665 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Randall's is very clean and well thought out. Not sure if it would work with Cups and Balls as he uses a Crown Royal bag in a very clever manner. Regardless, it is very, very good.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1261 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Quote:
On 2013-02-16 23:49, Eric Evans wrote:
Randall's is very clean and well thought out. Not sure if it would work with Cups and Balls as he uses a Crown Royal bag in a very clever manner. Regardless, it is very, very good.

How are the moves (sleights)? Im still in search of the most practical and easiest Bill In Lemon. Still havent found that comfortable BIL routine yet. Inception may be my subsequent purchase.

Jeff
Just Sean
View Profile
New user
Westland, MI
14 Posts

Profile of Just Sean
I keep a washcloth handy and make a joke about money laundering. Citrus is a good cleaner, and hopefully they say keep it. If they make a fuss, I either half jokingly auction it off (starting bid $25) then give them a cleaner bill.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
They're all easy once you've done them 200 times.

As far as practical..
I can't imagine wanting to buy,haul,manage,dispose of 10lbs of lemons on the pitch every day. That in itself is impractical so I don't really see BIL being practical for busking,
no matter what method is used.

Not saying you shouldn't do it. Many do. It's just not practical enough for me, just by the nature of the routine.

There are so many more practical, just as magical, impossible locations for that bill to end up, besides groceries.

How about jamming a TT into a cut lemon and pulling out the bill. That's practical.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Just finished a marathon viewing of Chris Randall's 'The Inception'. For me, Chris' routine is right up there with Scott Alexander's 'The Final Answer'. I really love both of these routines, but the one thing that Chris does not do that can be a real plus in some situations/shows is that he does not actually burn the money. With some minor changes, you could easily perform The Inception anywhere, and for any type of audience. Or you could just perform the routine as Chris does, especially on the street and watch your tips/hat grow! For the stage, I would go with The Final Answer, for anywhere else, The Inception is my choice. The DVD, The Inception is still easily purchased and is really worth it - I would easily have paid double the price and still been super happy!
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Bobby Maverick has new dvd out and he a full-time busker.

Fruits Of Our Labor Bill In Lemon by Bobby Maverick - DVD
Ever been afraid to do a Bill in fruit effect due to the handling or limitations of the way you work or your environment? This DVD will conquer that fear! Bobby Maverick teaches you everything...
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8361 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On 2013-02-21 13:14, Frank Starsini wrote:
They're all easy once you've done them 200 times.

As far as practical..
I can't imagine wanting to buy,haul,manage,dispose of 10lbs of lemons on the pitch every day. That in itself is impractical so I don't really see BIL being practical for busking,
no matter what method is used.

Not saying you shouldn't do it. Many do. It's just not practical enough for me, just by the nature of the routine.

There are so many more practical, just as magical, impossible locations for that bill to end up, besides groceries.

How about jamming a TT into a cut lemon and pulling out the bill. That's practical.

Emil Jarrow, to my knowledge, never used a TT. Otherwise it was "jam them (he used more than one)in. His nephew, the late Dick Jarrow, was a friend, and fellow SECRET SIXER. If I remember correctly, one of Emil's lines, while cutting the lemon, was: "It's like the synagogue on Saturday evening--watch the juice come out!"
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
David95
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of David95
Where is Bobby's DVD available at?
David
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
I have Bobbys notes on the bill to fruit. Great stuff. He even sign it.
David95
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of David95
I got Bobby Maverick's Fruits of our Labor DVD. I enjoyed it very much. He shows several different handlings so you can chose the one you like best. The fruit is in play before you get the bill. That was what I didn't like about inception, you never seen the fruit till the end. When Bobby does the effect you never notice anything suspicious. If you are looking for bill in fruit I don't believe you will find a better version for a signed bill. I also like how he held the two halves of the fruit to hide the hole.
David
Bobby Maverick
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of Bobby Maverick
Thanks for the kind words guys!
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1724 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2013-10-04 14:22, David95 wrote:
I got Bobby Maverick's Fruits of our Labor DVD. I enjoyed it very much. He shows several different handlings so you can chose the one you like best. The fruit is in play before you get the bill. That was what I didn't like about inception, you never seen the fruit till the end. When Bobby does the effect you never notice anything suspicious. If you are looking for bill in fruit I don't believe you will find a better version for a signed bill. I also like how he held the two halves of the fruit to hide the hole.
David

Agree-great routine & DVD-holding the 2 halves as 1 keeps it clean...Thats an old street way...hide everything!!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Be sure to check out Scott Alexander's "Final Cut" bill to lemon routine.
It's being discussed here,

Final Cut Discussion.

You can pick it up here at Bob Kohler's Site,
Final Cut Pre-Order & Preview Page

I've had a chance to preview it. It's got a 30 second reset.
The gimmick is virtually break proof, so it's perfect for busking.

I think it will be a highly discussed item when it's formally released.
I'll be sure to post a video of it when it becomes publicly available.
Cheers, Dev/
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
Final Cut is $200.00 ! WOW that's Steep. ! ! !

and I understand you have to roll bill into a Tube ? seems to be somewhat, well ok Unnatural to me .
as I have never seen anyone roll a bill into a tube unless theyre doing Blow ! but I have seen bills folded.,
which seems to be more natural, What the heck is making this thing cost so much ?

Is final cut the one where you get the Oversized liquor bottle purple bag ?

m123
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Devious, as Bobby says in his DVD, you don't need gimmicks when you develop a SKILL and for $30 Bobby can teach you a SKILL that will last a lot longer than a $200 gimmick. That is a real rip off of amateurs.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
You can also learn it for free and save yourself the thirty bucks,
by checking out Mark Wilson's "Encyclopedia of Magic" from the library sir.

There are some huge differences in using this routine that let you get around
the pre-loading issues Paddy. That means you can use this on the pitch without
having to pre-load a bunch of lemons. Make sense?

I can't give away the farm, but for some clarity I refer folks here,
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

Furthermore,
This isn't my product, it's Bob Kohler and Scott Alexanders'.
I don't have a dog in this fight. Take it up with management.

p.s. I'm elated that Ansel, your grandson has brought you happiness
and pride by his exemplary marathon finish, good day sir!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-02-13 20:05, acephale wrote:
I use Bill Malone's version he tips on On the Loose Vol. 2. TT bill change, crap pen, and some lemons. Easy.

That's actually Scott Alexander's version. It was taught to Bill when Scott worked at Malone's magic bar.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Devious, thanks for comment about Ansel, but my comment about this is it is always better to rely on a learned SKILL than a device that can fail. We are magicians not mechanics and slights are our stock in trade.
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Best Bill to Lemon for Busking? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL