The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » "JOL"Jaks Wallet from E. Raymond Carlyle (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1629 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Hey Bob,

Thanks so much for elucidating the question.

Having the rubber band in place from the outset no doubt helps it register as just part of the package, and giving the wallet to the spectator justifies the extra "security" measure.

I too now feel calmer . . . Smile

Cheers,
Jerry
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
All is now well with the world. Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1441 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2014, IAIN wrote:
I have a couple of zapps, they are handy to have, and cheap and cheerful...zapps are billfold though...

Thanks for the zapps suggestion...bought one and find it quite useful. Still really like the Tony Miller Complete Peek, but Zapps is great too.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Jerry- You might also consider using a black elastic hair tie, assuming your case is black. Might seem like it came with the case.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1441 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2014, mastermindreader wrote:
Jerry- You might also consider using a black elastic hair tie, assuming your case is black. Might seem like it came with the case.

The black elastic hair tie is a great tip. Thank you for sharing that. Have started using that with my zaps.
darksage
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of darksage
I am looking to replace one of my wallets and after all the great comments will most likely go with one of these. Thanks!
otreboR
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
227 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Does anyone know if this wallet will be back in stock or is it still available somewhere?
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2469 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2014, otreboR wrote:
Does anyone know if this wallet will be back in stock or is it still available somewhere?

Great news! I was looking on Carlye's website and saw the wallets are back in stock!!

http://www.carlyletouch.com/Jaks_Wallet.html
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2481 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Good!
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
768 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Just ordered mine. Can't wait to get hands on with it. Bob's handling sold me on this.

Bob, do you have any material regarding this wallet published? I saw you speak briefly about it in the Billet Killers.

Matthew
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
768 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
I also would just like to say that Ed Carlyle is such a standup guy. I remember when I was looking for an aged haunted key years ago. I stumbled across his website and discovered that he aged them and sold them. To my dismay, he was completely sold out. I asked him when he expected to have them back in stock. He said it would be quite a while, but I need not worry, as he was sending me his personal key.

His haunted key is by far the best I've ever found. I've used about 7 different ones.

Cheers Ed.

Matthew
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
420 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2014, MatthewSims wrote:
I also would just like to say that Ed Carlyle is such a standup guy.

I couldn't agree more. His haunted key is wonderful. His haunted key instructions are even better.

It's always a pleasure dealing with Ed.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2481 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Received mine today. Very nice. I don't carry much with me so I can use it as an everyday wallet.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
768 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
I too received mine today. I'm thinking of putting some kind of credit card slots in it. It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be, which is nice. I plan on doing a review after I've given it some work.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

I'm sure you'll find it very useful. As I have pointed out many times before, it is really more of a business card case than a wallet. Also, the Jaks Wallet has been around for over half a century and is a standard utility item. The JOL model is beautifully made but, in operation, size, etc. it is the same as earlier models, so I'm not sure what the value of a review would be. Unless, of course, you're referring to Ed's excellent instructions and handling.
MatthewSims
View Profile
Special user
768 Posts

Profile of MatthewSims
Bob,

I was mainly referring to the quality of Ed's leather and how well it will hold up. That has been my main concern with all of my past wallets. The leather has been cheap and always breaks down. Ed's wallet seems to be the best leather I've ever come across.

One thing I don't understand about the wallet however is the middle section. It is open on both sides, so it kinda prevents you from safely holding any cards in that slot, since they can fall out from the other side.

Was this intended for something specific?
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1629 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
I have business cards in that center section and they don't fall out. Try adding a few more, so the bulk holds them in?

Cheers,
Jerry
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2014, MatthewSims wrote:
Ed's leather

These wallets are made by Jerry O'Connell in the UK AFAIK.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
318 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
Comment to those w email and ordering problems; I had no problems with contacting or corresponding by email. Order placed easily and product received in good time from central USA.
tricky360
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of tricky360
These wallets are great, really happy with mine. I live in the U.K and got mine from www.propdog.uk 😄
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » "JOL"Jaks Wallet from E. Raymond Carlyle (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL